The Laurels Of Chatham Employee Reviews

pay is good and that is all
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMay 22, 2018
long days hard shifts not enough staff. poor nursing management. the resident are great. the care the resident receive is lacking to to the moral and the staffing issues
Stable , fun,clean ,rocking place to work
Environmental Services Director/ Ancillary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCOctober 25, 2017
I have been with the company a total of 12 years . I enjoy working with the staff and providing care to the residents . I have had only positive experiences and
growth with working for the Laurels
Pros
Stable staff, hours, competive pay
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  laurels of chathamOctober 23, 2017
Staff always works together, takes great care of our guests and each other. The building is clean, the food is good, and the Administrator likes to cook out for us.
Not enough money for a rest home
LPN (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 10, 2017
Don't waste your time.. They don't pay nurses enough! And the head man in charge will not budge the pay even if your traveling a hour from the location..
Official response from The Laurels Of Chatham
October 25, 2017

I am sorry but the job was accepted knowing how far you had to travel, what you were going to be paid, and that we are very competitive with our wages. I can not pay on distance. I pay like wages for like jobs, and not based on mileage, and I review comparable wages in our surrounding areas semi-annually and make adjustments as necessary.

Work experience
Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMarch 22, 2017
Very nice facility, could be top notch if the CNA/patient ratio was better. They need a 2 person shower team on 1st and 2nd shift that just gives showers and whirlpool baths on required days. They need to implement to their nurses to help out more on the floor with feeding the feeders, making beds, passing trays, and answering lights. Teamwork is everything.
Pros
Staff, patients, clean facility
Cons
Short staff.
very professional place to work.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMarch 1, 2017
a typical day at laurels did myjob to the best of my ability, laughed and cut up with co workrs butstill got my work done. The most enjoyable part of the job was that i was able to interact and build relationships with the residents also my co workers.
Did not like working here.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJanuary 7, 2017
I very much disliked this place.The employees are very fake if you ask me. I feel as if most, but not all of the employees did not really give the senior citizens the care that they deserved.
Pros
Cons
Horrible work environment.
Bad
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCFebruary 19, 2016
Don't waste your time. Staff is horrible I had 3+ year experience only paid me 9 per hour. You have about 15 or more patients and work load is very very very heavy. Left crying many days.
Management was Terrible
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMarch 27, 2015
I enjoyed working with the staff there but the management team was unsupportive and lacking in many ways. Not a good experience.
Prepare for the tray line
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro NCNovember 11, 2014
As a Dietary Aide that calls diet cards i made drinks, gathered the special request items to put on the food tray, and the condiments.
I learned the different diets that was the residents was on as in( puree, mechicanal soft and regular)
My co-workers was fun to work with. They made the day go by fast.
The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy items
I enjoyed working at the job because it was something different and i learned some things from the job i never knew
Pros
Getting off the food line on time or earlier
Cons
Get off the food line late that it get us behind in our work to get off on time
Just starting out?
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMay 30, 2014
This is a great place to get started. They hire first time CNA's frequently. This is a very high workload environment, and at times other employee's can be pretty cut throat. The pay does even come close to the amount of work you do. The only reason I have stayed for as long as I have is because there are a lot of residents who have been there most of the time I have worked there. The management is horrible it is constantly changing. Most everyone that works here is annoyed and stressed. The lack of help and overworking is mainly why this is the case. If you need a job ASAP, or are just starting out this is the job for you, otherwise I suggest looking far away from here.
Pros
Gain Experience, Plenty of Hours
Cons
Very Low Starting Pay, Overload of Work, Poor Management
The Laurels is an interesting workplace.
CENTRAL SUPPLY CLERK AND STAFFING (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMarch 19, 2014
I have worked at the Laurels for the past two and a half years, I have enjoyed my co-workers. The management there has been interesting, we have had 4 D.O.Ns in less than two years. I love what I do with the residents but I would like something to better myself and not settle for less.
Unorganized
CNA (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJuly 19, 2013
A typical day at The Laurels of Chatham consist of running to clock, then hitting the hall, checking your assignment in a hurry while day shift tries to get away before you find the many things that they left behind. I have learned that no matter how many times you speak with your Unit Manager, the ADON or DON, nothing gets done. Management as well as a few co-workers, has very poor communication. The hardest part of the job is trying to get the management team to understand what you are going through. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and know when you have made a difference in a resident's life.
ok place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJune 13, 2013
most of management is very good, for the most part my dept coworkers were team players. hardest part of my job was dealing with rude staff and patients. the people i got close to.
Pros
my boss respected me
Cons
hard to handle coworkers
Laurel's of chatham
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro NCAugust 16, 2012
I love working there. I always looked forward to going to work.
Pros
love the people.
Cons
they didnt like to give over time.
Great Skilled Nursing
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCAugust 8, 2012
very good, but hectic facility. Great administrator very well rounded.
Pros
great training
Cons
lack of staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Laurels Of Chatham. Our community is ready to answer.

The Laurels Of Chatham Reviews by Location