The Lawton Constitution

The Lawton Constitution Employee Reviews

The Lawton Constitution insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Excellent media workplace that serves as information source for community

Great place to learn about big city media in a diverse community with a large military population due to an Army base (Fort Sill) and mix of people with ethnic backgrounds.

Nice people great training

I work well with others and I am a people person so selling the paper was a breeze. Also made collection call on my neighborhood and asked for any referral for further growth

Great life experience

Working with the Lawton constitution I learned how to get better with my people skills and communicate was other people of all ages. This job also helped build my confidence up.

Minimal Supervision

It is a nice place to work as an extra source of income, as an independent contract carrier. The environment is relaxed and you have minimal supervision. The worst part of the job would be bad weather.

productive

I learned alot about the buisness, I wish I could have explored more of it. But I was very pleased with my position there. Salary and raising two children was the only reason I did not stay on board. Great Team and managers.

Pros

great team

Cons

salary

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Good and safe neighborhoods, protected work

An average night at work I would go to the Lawton Constitution to get all of our papers and address listings for the residents. I would put them in order and roll them up while my partner drives.

Pros

I had a good income for my age

Cons

not a good sleep scheduled with school

Corporate nightmare

The Lawton Constitution was a great place to work until it was sold to a corporation. The new ownership and the new direction of the paper is, in my opinion, not nearly as customer friendly as was the previous ownership. The overwhelming consensus, as relayed to me by customers, is that they are very unhappy with the changes and new direction in the newspaper since it was purchased.

Pros

The customers and employees

Cons

New ownership

poor place to work

poor management no advancement poor hours They were not willing to work with me when needed off hours are hectic and only offer split shifts, pay was poor

Pros

Cons

all

Treat their employee's like slaves

Would not recommend working for them as a carrier. They try and cheat you out of money and their circulation manager does not have very good people skills.

Pros

The Lawton Constitution was a good work place before the sale

I edited wire stores and stories in the sections I layed out. I learned to work with people with different outlooks than I had. I help manage the news material that ended up in the paper. Most of the people were friendly and talked freely. The hardest part of the job was working late at night, but got used to the evening. I enjoyed communicating with the staff and the other editors. I enjoyed being informed about the happings inthe community and around the world. I enjoyed communicating with the different people who worked and visited the paper.

Pros

The environment, Job advancement

Cons

The profession is slowly dieing

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Lawton Constitution?

worse place ever

Lack of motivation. lack of respect. lack of support. they are lazy and rude. I would never tell a friend to work there ever... they would hate it so much

Fast-paced newspaper

This is a good place to get your feet wet in the journalism industry. The staff is knowledgeable and extremely talented and the work environment is a lot of fun.

Easy job that sometimes felt "too easy". Minimal Hours.

The job was split shift. Typically 2 or 3 shifts a day, but each only lasting maybe an hour or 2 each. Management was okay at times, but was rather lax and many co-workers became utterly lazy as a result. I did enjoy how easy the job was sometimes, but it was still frustrating to see some co-workers get away with doing next to nothing all day long, and management not really doing anything about it but complain about how bad the crew is instead of actually doing something about it. "Ohh, well that's my crew", became a common phrase by those in charge. Considering I did multiple peoples jobs in addition to my own (by their standards) I'd say my job there was pretty secure, but less than 20 hours a week at only $8 an hour was unlivable, and because the job was split shift and shifts being so far apart from one another, it was impossible to find a second job that didn't conflict.

Pros

Easy work (if you're willing to do your job)

Cons

Low pay & low hours thus not a job you can live off of.

Productive,and exciting

Typically i would have an exciting day at work. I learned to talk and sell products to a variety of people as a door to door sales man. Management was proficient, and provided all the necessary tools for the job. Hardest part of the job was a slow day. Meeting new people, and developing a skill in marketing was the most enjoyable part of work.

Pros

incentives

Cons

slow days

Good job for extra cash

Working as a contract-based newspaper courier, my route started around midnight and ended around 2 to 3 in the morning depending on the weather. I delivered papers to residential and commercial customers on the east side of the city. I learned how to manage accounts and follow a route. It's monotonous but it's very easy work. Great for a side job while you're in school or if you need extra cash. Management is alright. Best part about the job is working by yourself, great if you're an introvert. Worst part is having to pay out-of-pocket for your own materials.

Pros

Paycheck, easy work

Cons

Paying for your own materials

Dangerous

It was good a first job I have had but it was dangerous. I would not send anyone there. They do not care about the employees safety. All the employees are teenagers walking around the streets by themselves going door to door asking people questions and getting them to by newspaper deliveries. The only think you had to look forward was your pay check but the job did work around school time.

Life Changing

Learned how to make my first sale at this job, and I would not ask for any other first experience into the retail industry.

great breakroom, and fun part-time job.

It was a great job to have during summer vactions.great communication between employers. If you are a great sales person, this job would be great.

Pros

visit different towns

Cons

short breaks, weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Lawton Constitution. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

The Lawton Constitution Reviews by Location