The Learning Bee Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Teamwork means everything
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 14, 2018
The Learning Bee is similar to many other child care centers, some days run smoothly and other days you have to improvise. Working with children has it's own rewards but it can be stressful and takes a positive attitude and teamwork to get through the day. The hardest part of the job is people calling out but when fully staffed things run much more smoothly. The teachers care, the management is always there to help, and the staff meetings are constructive.
A great family and staff who care
Former Pre-K teacher (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 7, 2018
Working with kids is always fast paced and requires some flexibility. I have been asked to change my hours when someone called out but I really didn’t mind since it was helping out our team. All the staff really care about the children and we all do what we can to provide quality care. I’ve worked at a few centers over the past 10 years and The Learning Bee is similar to most of them but I feel like the majority of the staff are more passionate than I’ve seen other places and management is honesty pretty direct and they always have their door open, even to eat lunch in the office. If you love working with children, can work as a team player, and can show up to work on time when you’re scheduled than you’ll enjoy working here.
Pros
Overtime available if you want it, Management who listens, Monthly meetings to discuss work
Cons
No benefits
Stressful and disrespectful work culture
Lead Teacher Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 3, 2018
Not a lot of support is provided to teachers, even upon request. Frequently inappropriately staffed and the center (management) seems to care significantly more about making money off of the kids than about their happiness or wellbeing, along with wellbeing of the staff. The boss frequently talks badly about staff to other staff members, and can be very two faced, while fostering inappropriate relationships with staff (going out for drinks, allowing some staff to lounge in the office). Extremely disorganized and stressful. Staff repeatedly had requested help in my time there, which was ignored by management on all levels. Not only would I not recommend to people I know, I would tell them directly not to apply. They will randomly change your hours or the classroom you’re teaching in, and like to play favorites.
Kids will be moved room to room, randomly, and a lot of mixed ages will happen. However, they move kids back to their assigned room right before parents pick them up and expect you not to tell parents where they have been all day.
Pros
Good teaching staff most of the time
Cons
Poor management, stressful, lack of materials, lack of help or consistency
Stressful
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 20, 2018
My time at this school was filled with inconsistency, stress and a lack of support. You never know what you're walking into when you show up for work. Each day is inconstant- for the staff and children. Teachers are pulled from classrooms and children are shifted way more than they need to be. There is a huge lack of communication between the teachers and office staff.

While I worked here, I learned that communication and support is a big part of the workplace culture. If you don't have those two things not only does the staff suffer but the kids do as well.

The only enjoyable part of this job- the children, seeing them grow and learn so much! They are so sweet and they just make your day a lot better.
Pros
the satisfaction of knowing you make and impact on the children
Cons
no benefits, long days, lack of communication

Want to know more about The Learning Bee?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Learning Bee. Our community is ready to answer.

The Learning Bee Reviews by Location