The Learning Experience Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work at
Director/Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJanuary 8, 2019
I absolutely absolutely hated working for the learning experience. Every week it was a different change. Horrible franchise owner low enrollment no support from corporate. This was the worst company I’ve ever worked for. They are many other day cares in childcare facilities that is a whole lot better more support. Now that I have a new job my life is a whole lot better. Stay away from this place. A lot of lies what’s hole from franchise owner corporate never came to help! I really had to train and learn everything on my own as a new employee
Great Workplace, old-fashioned company.
Director (Current Employee) –  The Learning Experience EdisonDecember 22, 2018
The Learning Experience is a great company that cares abut children and their wellbeing. The Learning experience WANTS for so much but does not do a good job at reaching their want. They expect too much of the child and make them do more work daily than is developmentally appropriate. Philanthropy is great but this company does not consider the child or teacher experience. Since this is a Franchise you can only hope for a good boss. I have been lucky enough to work for very driven and open minded franchisees but cannot say the same for all branches.
The Learning Experience
Assistant Teacher/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 16, 2018
Having worked for two "The Learning Experience" Center, have been a challenging and rewarding experience. It has been a challenge, because you have to be prepare in dealing with 16-22 children, all at once. Teachers have a big responsibility with taking care of all of these children. From teaching them with lesson plans, to feeding them, diaper changing them, etc. It has been rewarding, because the child and teacher create a friendly bond. At the end of the day, the child rewards you, with a smile,laughter, and even hugs! These gestures, makes a teacher feel happy, and motivated to keep on going! I have experience this challenging and rewarding experience. I plan to continue working with children, to the end of my days. I love children, and children love me back! Thank You.
Productive experience
Day Care Center Teacher (Former Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJDecember 15, 2018
Stressful environment, being in control of 15 children alone in a classroom. No action would be taken if the children were out of control, or abusive towards other children.
Pros
Management was excellent
Cons
Stressful environment
Fun, friendly staff
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 14, 2018
- Very good work place, nice staff, treated well
- Will work with your schedule 100%!
- Sometimes is very stressful but coworkers are almost like family and talk it out!
Pros
No weekends
This job was very productive you had to be very cautious at all times
Day care assistance (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIDecember 11, 2018
A day at the daycare was being with children the whole day, playing with them and taking care of them of properly, i learned a lot at this job as in being very patient with all the children and how to feed them when needed. The daycare had employees who mostly knew each other or were family. The hardest part was when all the babies would start crying at the same time and i would need help calming them down, i would be alone with them at times when the teacher couldn't be there i would only have to take care of 3 throughout the day. For me the most enjoyable thing was just being with the infants because i enjoy being with babies.
Dont bother, apply at another center
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCDecember 7, 2018
Basically it is poorly ran. There should be a drug test given throughout. Children are neglected. And diapers stay soiled. Understaffed. Underpaid. DISORGANIZED. The director needs to go
Pros
Working with Kids
Cons
Pay, the director, unorganized, poorly ran.
Colleagues are nice and friendly
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 6, 2018
Very busy school. There are a lot of infants and toddlers so be ready to change diapers. But the staff is very nice and the location is convenient if you live in Chapel Hill.
Kids are crazy.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 2, 2018
Children need a lot of one on one interaction, especially the young ones. Most of the kids I had were great but a few needed extra special attention. Only having one teacher in each class makes it hard to attend to the needier children without taking away from the well behaved children.
Pros
Love working with kids
Cons
Too many kids for one person.
The company is amazing!!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 29, 2018
The Director of Eastmark is simpply amazing. She always makes sure that all the teachers have what they need and that the kids are learning and having funat the same time. Everyone is so nice to each other.
Don't do it.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJNovember 26, 2018
It's very unprofessional. The turn over rate is extremely high. The management is unprofessional and inconsistent. I worked there for several years and only got one small raise.
Stressful place to work
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 24, 2018
Any daycare is a stressful place to work. However, sometimes I felt this place was mismanaged and had too full of classrooms. I loved the kids and coworkers were nice, but things could have been better.
Stressful place to work.
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 14, 2018
This company is a very stressful place to work with little management help and appreciation. I would not recommend working here to anyone unless you are in school and are looking for part time.
Pros
Company Award dinners
Cons
hours, salary, poor management
Please don’t waste your time
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 13, 2018
This place is an absolute joke. At the interview they guarantee hours then cut them. Making 9.50 an hour at 30 hours a week isn’t going to pay for my bills! Other teachers also enroll their kids in the program and scream at you when you don’t do what they want exactly. Management does not care and are apart of it and the favoritism. No training and if you do not make it 180 days, you have to pay for your background check and fingerprints! Goodbye TLE and goodbye to $60!
Pros
Cons
Everythkng
Disheartening experience
Floater/Breaker (Former Employee) –  Centereach, NYNovember 6, 2018
A typical workday at TLE was not knowing what your job was going to be that day, until arrival. The administrators were hung-up on complying with State regulations for daycare centers but then broke the labor laws when they took away your lunch break (as in NO LUNCH for the day) because they were out of ratio that day or for several days. The center I worked at had a very high turnover rate, within two weeks of my employment, five people quit, then another three afterwards. The administrators take no responsibility for their high turnover rate! They blame the employee when a parent asks how come there are new faces (employees) every week!
Pros
Getting to know the children, breakers and teachers.
Cons
No benefits; inconsistent lunch breaks. Poor management. Low pay.
Amazing Place to Work At.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJOctober 30, 2018
It was a great experience and I enjoyed all the kids. I will be going back on all my breaks from school. I miss it a lot and I totally enjoy it. Definitely somewhere you should consider
Deceiving
Toddler teacher (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 27, 2018
Required updating their app throughout the day, taking time away from caring for children. Max capacity for ratios. Management was disorganized and inconsistent. Great outside appearance that attracts many wealthy parents, but the children are not cared for. There’s simply too many for one teacher to handle. Favoritism was rampant. Low wages. Always moving children around for ratio. No consistency of care which is so important for the small ones. Basically, chaos. Management had upper management breathing down their necks so they only care about appearances and not how the actual children are being cared for. I’m talking about making sure they are hugged, given reassurance, given one on one time, helping with special circumstances, etc. Making sure they have an actual childhood with love, since many of them are there for almost 10 hours a day. Please, don’t work or send your children here. It’s center-based daycare at its worst.
Pros
Some nice coworkers
Cons
Stressful, harmful, sad
slow pace
Assistant coach (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2018
bad pay, slow pace work, the managment group was not great to wqork with didnt give many hours a week. not a family oriented job eveyone kept to them selves
Very stressful
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 7, 2018
It is a very stressful job and it requires that you are able to multi-task. The job requires for you to watch over a lot of kids while by yourself which could cause a lot of stress. The job also brings you joy when you watch the kids grow and learn something new everyday/
Working at TLE
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 6, 2018
TLE really is a great company. Every center is different. I’ve worked at 3 different ones and all have pros and cons.

The pay is average for a preschool teacher.

Benefits are hit or miss. It depends on owner.

I have loved my director at Hillsborough and my business manager. Both down to earth and supported me with everything! Always there for me and my children. The support my director had for me meant more than the pay.
Pros
Management, Children, Parents
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Learning Experience. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight