The Learning Experience Employee Reviews

terrible ethics
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bayville, NJSeptember 12, 2018
The location I was working at had no regard for staff to student ratio standards. The location had a high turn over rate causing us to be understaffed and that in turn made me uneasy as an employee and a parent myself.
Could be Better
Floating Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 11, 2018
Things started out okay but after about 3 months I noticed a lot of negative things that took place constantly. We were always short staffed and over enrolled, the facility was run down (ownership didn't seem to care) and the staff was under appreciated and overworked. We would be give two hour lunches often so they would not to pay us overtime. This was done after we would volunteer or agree when asked to come in early or stay late or work with a shorter lunch to accommodate for the lack of staffing.
overworked
Head Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Nice place but the employees are extremely overworked. The pay was great. Low teaching staff and stressful. Only 2 teachers in the infant rooms when there should have really been 3. Not enough time off for the teachers. Completely dislked the way the personal times were earned.
Pros
good pay
Cons
overworked, not enough days off
Does Not Care About Kids
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJSeptember 3, 2018
I worked here for a few months and at first it was okay and I was happy. I then realized they do not care about the kids at all. There was an incident between a teacher and a student and management did NOTHING about it. The student was injured and when other staff tried to do the right thing and help the student they either got fired or isolated. Don't waste your time and work here. It is disgusting. Manager knows nothing about helping kids she only tries to help her friends.
All about appearances. Disorganized. No respect for staff.
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Bch, FLSeptember 2, 2018
An employer like none other. Extremely disorganized, mismanaged, no respect for employees.
Staff was sent to the classrooms on day one of employment with absolutely no training. Everything is self taught and staff is held responsible if something goes wrong. With zero training.
Management makes all kinds of promises to keep the staff, and very matter of factly simply backs out of those promises.
Low wages, benefits promised and not delivered, staff constantly bickering, unfriendly, moody, unprofessional management.
Cons
No respect or appreciation for staff. Favoritism.
It a good place to start
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJAugust 29, 2018
Working here you have to put in all your time and Energy. also it has showed me that you have to be more patients With all the kids at TLE . Even tho they think that all they do is right .or they are Angles . To apply for this job you have put in your all .all the best TLE!!
Pros
No benefit you have to work there for a year to get benefits, no healthcare
Cons
An hour break
Poor management, disrespectful, and low pay
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 24, 2018
Management is very poor and puts their needs in front of theirs. Management was very slow paced this summer and only cared about themselves. Would not recommend working here.
Cons
Benefits, low pay, and schedule changes would happen way to often in the Am
Director is terrible
Floater (Former Employee) –  Stallings, NCAugust 17, 2018
I worked for a while at this center caring for and loving the children. I was offered a new position and accepted. When I went to begin this position I was told, without warning, that they no longer had a need for me. They did not provide reasons or critique.
It's a family here! We work together as a team.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 12, 2018
I've worked at other daycare and this is not your typical daycare. Everyone cares and helps each other through good times and hard times. The management truly break their back for you and assist if you need them. They are there for families and co-workers. Everyone is treated fairly and they listen if you have concerns. Its always up to the individual teacher on how openly do they communicate if they have a difficult time. Management is always supportive and compassionate about their peers.
Pros
Understanding and compassionate
Management is bad
Lead Teacher Toddler Room (Former Employee) –  3225 Hamilton Nj 08691August 9, 2018
The learning experience at TLE management is really bad at Hamilton Nj. They are keep loosing kids due to poor management and learning programs. The corporate is not even doing anything. Both management are friends. You can’t even complain about assistant director to director due to their friendship. Assistant director is really rude and cut throat. She do not know how to talk to parents or employees. That’s why TLE is loosing employees and families too. I think Corporate should take over and hire new management.
Otherwise it’s going to be bad.
Cons
not interested at all, big mass , they need to educate themselves with early childhood field
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 9, 2018
not interested at all, big mass , owners need to educate themselves with early childhood field. i was not treated respectfully and to much lies , not trustworthy
I loved the kids
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIAugust 8, 2018
I loved working there, I loved that the job really made you open up and break out of your shell at times, sometimes it’s stressful but the kids are so fun, and it can be a good environment.
not a good work environment
teacher/parent (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJAugust 6, 2018
The owners know very little about childcare and child development. They make false promises and barely train. They are more worried about how they look than how the kids are actually treated. They do not allow any form of discipline and this goes from removing from the room when the child may need a break, telling a child "no" or "thats not safe", to requesting they follow directions because they assume every thing you tell a child is damaging to their "psyche". They than blame the teachers for having out of control classrooms. There is a huge issue with favoritism and the videos you watch for "training" is not how they run this particular school. They refuse to even follow corporates own rules saying that corporate has no idea about child care and child development yet neither of the owners have any background in it.
Pros
kids are great
Cons
no job safety, no training, unrealistic expectations from owners
Fun working place
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2018
the Learning Experience at brushy creek is a goring place with lots of opportunities. they care for their employees and help you.
I liked working there.
Pros
fun competitions free lunch at meetings
Cons
no benefits
Horrible Job
Preschool Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 30, 2018
At first I loved working here but it went downhill quickly. We worked long hours for little pay. The ownership was horrible but the center director was great.
Uncomfortable, Inconsiderate, Strict on Teacher practices.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 25, 2018
Very strict about following routines, curriculum, and the cooperate book. They do not provide developmentally appropriate, enough or any of the materials a classroom and each learning center should have or allow you to bring any in. You have to clock in ( and out on breaks) right on the dot or you will get written up, but you have to stay as late as they make you. They have tried to write me up for getting sick over having allergic reactions from insects during my shift. You are not allowed to communicate with parents, the children you have each day are not determined by roster but by whoever they give you and move somewhere that day for ratio, so even though you have no say in the lesson plan, whatever activities you had prepared are not able to be done. Horrible place. They talk to you with no respect, belittle you, like you have no idea what you are doing and only at times that they are angry with you.
Also, they are not honest with your money, benefits or your belongings. They serve warm shelf milk which is usually spoiled, and lastly, I lost all of my time and work invested in my CDA coursw because the permission request was neglected by management.
Pros
Security Cameras and Organized Record Keeping
Cons
Everything.
Great!
Head Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJuly 18, 2018
The owner is awesome and most of the staff is great to work with. I advanced after some experience. I developed a great work family. The center is kept very clean and up to date.
Pros
Catered lunches, employment discounts, very friendly people
Cons
Depends who you talk to
A Learning Experience
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
Thinking on your toes is a must need. Along with always being prepared for situations to occur at any given time. Long days for only hourly pay and no benefits.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
Long days for only hourly pay and no benefits.
Great fun place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  MansfieldJuly 13, 2018
I liked my job cause it was different everyday and kids are so happy to have an exciting place to play and Learn. We all worked well together. The resources available to staff and students made it a wonderful way to teach without feeling like a cookie cutter molded program.
Nice Environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJuly 11, 2018
The place us very full of energy and the owner loves to interact with the kids. They all have the intentions of keeping the kids safe and making sure they all have fun while doing it.
Pros
cool staff
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Learning Experience. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight