The Leazer Group

The Leazer Group Employee Reviews

The company should be more aware of the regulations of the states that the new employee will be working so they are fully prepared and not misled. The new employee should also be made aware of the enormous cost of doing business.
Pros
Opportunity outside of NYS
Cons
Lack of info upfront
Worked as an Mortgage Protection Agent for TLG for about a year. With their high cost of leads and constant pressure to buy more leads, along with the cost of Business Insurance, cost of attending their “sales conference” I basically broke even during this time (spent $5400, made $5600). After 100’s of hours of time. While I would say this is not an MLM because you can make money without having recruited people under you, it ABSOLUTELY feels like an MLM. There is always a push to recruit, buy more leads, listen to cheerleading phone calls (hey if they can do it, so can you! Just try harder.) The turnover is enormous, they don’t care because they make money off each person that fails and they end up finding the 1 in 1,000 who really excels in this business, and then use that person as a way to show success. Culture is definitely money-driven, and most of the top officers in the company are hard-core Trumpers and conspiracy theorists. Fair warning, you will be expected to make insurance appointments when you have little to no understanding of the products, trick people on the phone, drive all over, leave misleading notes (You missed a delivery, call us for info!), put up with endless no-shows, and ultimately convince yourself that you are helping people by selling life insurance. I believe life insurance is a good thing, but TLG gets in the door in deceiving ways and at the end of the week you don’t feel good about it, but get pressured to work harder next month.
The Leazer Group is a great company to work for. They are supportive in every way possible. There has never been a time when I needed help and didn’t get it.
Pros
Time used the way that’s comfortable for me
yes the training is helpful when it comes to actual selling. However my experience had me driving 200 miles per day to get to a territory that I controlled with the promise as areas closer to home became available they would be mine. Internal politics prevented this, it was a bunch of outright lies. I did everything asked of me, spent $30,000 on leads, drove 50,000 miles, worked 6 days a week, followed all instructions and made nothing after expenses. They don't teach you how to preserve sales, it's constant pressure to get out there. There is a sense of desperation that you can clearly tell from all the meetings and conference calls. You are prevented from qualifying for Carrier incentives and they take your residuals. They promise to release you and THEY DONT. That's my biggest complaint, it's the outright lie that if you want to leave they release you. They force you to buy leads, they changed the comp plan based on New, Incredible, Proven lead source that will increase your compensation by 75%. PS they dropped in in less than a month, but not the comp plan.
Pros
training
Cons
Everything else
Best IMO group who cares about their partners. They structure the system to be successful perfectly. You are in business for yourself, but never by yourself.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Completely genuine,honest and trust worthy! Out for the better of their partners. A career as a sales agent or a management training opportunity with a excellent compensation rate!
As an agent everything I do according to their system works out. When i don't listen it doesn't ha. Just do it. Constantly adding new tech innovations to move the company forward!
They Try to make you feel like everybody should be successful but they give you absolutely no help. Especially if you’re in New York. If you’re in New York do not do it you will not make money and you will end up owing the company
Working for TLG has been life-changing for my family. Is this job for everyone? No. But if you are someone who is willing to LEARN by asking questions, WORK HARD, and take responsibility for yourself, you can definitely make a 6-figure income in year one. Compensation is fair and rewards folks who work. I received 30% in raises in my first 18 months based on my performance. I regularly make 8-12k per month after 18 months with the company. I do have a work/life balance because I have earned it. It's easy to take time off whenever I want/need to, because I have the income to support that. When you first start, expect to be out of balance for a little while. You are learning a completely new career and the pay is commission-based. Plan to get out of balance for a few months and figure it out so that you don't have to work as hard in the future. Like any situation, this job is what you make it. If you're looking for a place that rewards growth, does not cap your earning potential, gives you a chance to truly work for yourself, set your own schedule, and has mentors and managers willing to answer questions night/day to help YOU make money, jump in with BOTH feet.
Too many expenses versus payments. Travel is 90% leaving no work/life balance. I got to meet great people and help them with their problems, but was hardly ever home
No matter how many times they deny it on conference calls, this is an MLM scam. Expect to badger people and con them into speaking with a "hiring manager" who is just an insurance agent who's been with the company for a minimum of 6 months. The systems are outdated and you are essentially just cold calling people, no matter what.
This is a place where you can truly make what you're worth. It requires work to be successful but those that work are rewarded with very high incomes.
Pros
Managers that care and help, flexible schedule, uncapped potential.
Cons
No coasting for a paycheck
It is presented as a massive earning opportunity, but they just want to sell old leads and generate attendance for their 2 yearly conferences. Managers manage from anywhere in the U.S. so you don't ever get one on one training. All of their training calls are the same, every day, several times a day. It's not a great fit for most people. When you quit, it's taken personally by the staff so expect immature behavior.
If you gross 100k a year as a top producer (working your butt off and being among their "best") Plan to line Leazers pockets with 25-35,000 of that. Started out as a great company with integrity. As it grew the CEO cared less and less about each worker until it became another sham
Pros
You do everything yourself and you make money for other people.
Cons
Scam
Pay is exceptionally low for recruiting (yes, even "junior recruiting"). Both the president and the vice president are former diamond level Amway presenters, if that tells you anything. Reviews are flooded by five stars from top producers (the only people in this company making any actual money). Job description for recruiters is calling random folks from career builder and talking them into sinking all their cash on overpriced and useless leads. Micromanagement is rampant and managers are fierce (and not in the fabulous way they'd like you to believe). Expect to be belittled and passive aggressively messaged daily. Pay isn't enough to get by in this city.
Pros
its easy and they do mostly pay you what they said they would
Cons
insulting business practices
I enjoyed my time at the Leazer Group. Nice North Raleigh office. Can be a grind some days calling resumes, trying to recruit people, but you know what to expect coming in for the day. Relaxed management. Good place to get recruiting experience.
Pretty easy day to day. Call resumes to find potential candidates for a position. Management is fair, as long as you get your job done during the day, they won't micromanage you.
Pros
pto, no nights or weekends
High turnover rate. Will discuss former employees termination with other employees. CEO even announced the firing of a recent employee across the office in what one could only assume was some sort of threat. They also expect you to occasionally work saturdays without pay, non negotiable if you want to keep your job. High degrees of micro managing. Constant messages throughout the day demanding to know why you aren’t working harder. Don’t ever count on receiving time off. They demand over a month’s notice in advance yet will wait until last second to either approve or deny the requested PTO.
Pros
Pto
Cons
“Pto”, micromanaging, unpaid overtime
This is a company with integrity and continually builds up their sales team. The training support is phenomenal. They enable you to scale up your skills and encourage you to improve yourself at all levels. They enable you to set your own goals and provide you with the counsel, support and motivation to reach them. One of the best jobs available.
Pros
Set your own income level, excellent support team and coaches
Cons
A typical day is easy enough. Clock in at 8:30, start pulling up resumes, start calling resumes by 9:00. And that's it. Just call resumes all day and talk people into talking to an agency manager. The unsavory part of course stems from either of the two department managers micromanaging numbers, and sending group chats intermittently throughout the day about how no one is doing enough work, or the less subtle walking by and making passive aggressive comments about phones, or the even less subtle than that full blown temper tantrums about how nobody is jumping straight on the phone at the crack of 8:30. I learned a good deal about reading resumes, interviewing people, and office culture. Most enjoyable part is occasionally you'll call someone who is a genuine treat to speak with, and with the exception of management everyone there is nice enough.
Pros
hour long lunches, occasionally they'll feed you
Cons
Nearly impossible to get time off, micromanaging, ~24hours of unpaid overtime working saturdays for the conferences
The Leader Group is nothing more than a MLM. Recruitment is shoved down everyone's throat. Commission splits are terrible (55%). Be prepared to spend some serious cash on a ton of leads. Management parades the few who are at the top, while everyone else is just a number. They are in the business of getting new agent, selling their fake and phony culture, and selling them as many leads as possible. Run away.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
It's a MLM scam
  1. Employee Reviews