The LEGO Group Employee Reviews

Outstanding Brand to Represent!
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTFebruary 12, 2019
A typical day at work consists of several different collaborative meetings. My role is highly interdependent with departments, so I find that I am often working closely with Merchandising, Supply Planning, Global Marketing and Planning, my counterparts in EMEA and APAC, and our Business Intelligence colleagues.

I have learned so much at my nearly 10 years at LEGO! I am, however, actively pursuing other career opportunities, ideally for another world class brand or a more mission based role. I would ideally also like to work for a smaller company.

The workplace culture is fun and dynamic. Hard not to be when you're surrounded by LEGO bricks! The hardest part of my role is the amount of change there has been in senior leadership. The most enjoyable part is absolutely being in our Retail stores and seeing the brand come to life. It never, ever gets old when a child realizes I work for LEGO and their eyes widen with amazement!
Pros
Flexible work time and location
Cons
High degree of change in Senior Leadership
Great people to work with and fun workplace
BRICK SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 4, 2019
The people here are great to work with, has a comfortable environment, and has great benefits. The managers and supervisors are awesome to work with as well as they are very relaxed, help you work on anything you don't feel comfortable with, and encourage you with anything you do.
Pros
Emergency plans, comfortable environment, and great employees
I love legos
Brick Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2019
I really love Lego. They are amazing to play with and a fantastic product. I wish that from my position i had more opportunities to diversify in the company.
Not a career, but a fun part time job
Brick Specialist (Former Employee) –  LynnwoodJanuary 27, 2019
Fun work, but little to no room for advancement. Most higher positions aren't promoted from within. Coworkers are all wonderful, and the discount makes it more palatable.
Fun Job
BRICK SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 27, 2018
Fun job that I liked going to. It was a temporary job during the summer season,but I had a good time at it. Helping kids and families choose LEGO sets was a great part of the job
Pros
fun times
Cons
nothing really
Horrible Management
Brick Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 27, 2018
For the first month or two, I enjoyed working here but it soon became stressful as managers and supervisors began to lose interest in caring about their employees. At closing, we dreaded having our tills counted by a certain supervisor for the fact that he always miscounted them blaming us for them being off, then it was revealed later that he had made a “mistake” and we were once again safe. After coming back to work from having a hospital stay with pneumonia, was forced to work outside in the rain. Such a horrible work location and I would never recommended it to anyone looking for a job. Terrible work experience!
Pros
Got into Disneyland free with pass
Cons
Terrible management, carelessness for employees, always short handed
great company
Temporary placement (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 8, 2018
I worked for as a seasonal position. I enjoyed working there for the few months that my contract was for. great environment and staff, every day was a good day.
Meh
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 7, 2018
Really fun environment but no chance of moving up. The hours were good and the schedule was flexible if you are in school. I had fun working there, but had to move on.
Really Fun & Awesome
Brick Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Love the environment, the coworkers, the bosses, and helping customers find LEGO sets suited for their needs. I miss working there, and I wish I could go back honestly.
Pros
Discounts on LEGO products, worked at the mall
Stay Away
Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 28, 2018
Not a place to work if your looking for a career or need to feel your work is appreciated. Management only cares about themselves and not the employee Stay away.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Very bad managment
Part time....stocking shelves.
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
I worked for The Lego Group as a merchandiser. A typical day consists of going to your assigned stores packing out and straightening Lego products. That is all you do all the time. Job is boring and repetitive. You are basically a stocker for the store.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Boring
Only for favorites
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2018
Manager plays favorites only promoted if your liked, experience and work ethic doesn’t matter if you are a favorite, not for a career .
Manager takes glory for what staff do not very component
Pros
Lego
Cons
Management play favorites, not judged on work but if your liked promotion only fro favorites
It was nice
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 2, 2018
I liked working at the Lego store. Not my overall career to fallow. It was a good way to build costumer services skills. It was also a blast helping and learning from the children about their favorite Legos to build.
It was a wonderful temporary job
Customer Service Representative Lego Group (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 3, 2018
i was hired, part time, for Christmas. They had a thorough 2 week training program, before you ever take a phone call. Even after the training, they pair yo with a seasoned staff that can assist you and there was always a manager on the floor to assist. It was a grat company to work for, however when they offered me a full time position, it meant a further distance to drive at a lower rate of pay. I had to decline the offer.
Pros
Being a part of assist customers with purchases was fun.
Cons
working nights and weekends was not fun
Wonderful company to work for.
Part-Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2018
They truly believe in family. They are a great company to work for. The management cares about you and wants the best for you. It's fun and exciting and you meet lots of great LEGO fans!
reason for leaving
Order Picker, Wrapped & Staged (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJune 7, 2018
i liked working at lego and would probably still be at the job but the company closed. the pay was pretty good and the coworkers were fun to work with.
Pros
good management
Cons
uncertainty of job status
Fun place to work
Americana Roadshow Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 30, 2018
This was a unique opportunity to be apart of! The event itself was amazing and simple to manage. The staff was average at best and difficult to manage, but it was still an amazing experience.
Pros
the events
Cons
the staff
Lego Store Summary
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaApril 29, 2018
I worked for Lego for over 2 years. A typical day at work was always fast paced. I learned how to handle cash and debit card at an accelerating rate.I one time did over 200 cash transactions, each one was perfect from beginning to end. The management was always caring and concerning on how you are feeling because the place can get stressful.The workplace culture was amazing, a bunch of unique individuals that eventually became my second family. The hardest part of the job is handling the lines. My first day was my only hardest day. The amount of cash handling experience you get is crazy high. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and my bosses. They knew how to turn any bad day into a good one.
Great company that has lost it's way
Business Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 24, 2018
LEGO has been a great company to work for. Great people, great benefits, fun environment, but lately they have lost their way. Last year there were 1,400 layoffs worldwide at LEGO. This goes against their people promise and many employees felt the company betrayed them.
Fun gig if you can afford Part-Time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  lynnApril 6, 2018
Everyone I worked with during the grand-opening was friendly and excited for the opportunity. Most customers are already happy when they see the store!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The LEGO Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The LEGO Group.

Powered by Comparably