The LEGO Group Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 28, 2018
Not a place to work if your looking for a career or need to feel your work is appreciated. Management only cares about themselves and not the employee Stay away.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Very bad managment
Part time....stocking shelves.
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
I worked for The Lego Group as a merchandiser. A typical day consists of going to your assigned stores packing out and straightening Lego products. That is all you do all the time. Job is boring and repetitive. You are basically a stocker for the store.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Boring
Only for favorites
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2018
Manager plays favorites only promoted if your liked, experience and work ethic doesn’t matter if you are a favorite, not for a career .
Manager takes glory for what staff do not very component
Pros
Lego
Cons
Management play favorites, not judged on work but if your liked promotion only fro favorites
It was nice
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 2, 2018
I liked working at the Lego store. Not my overall career to fallow. It was a good way to build costumer services skills. It was also a blast helping and learning from the children about their favorite Legos to build.
It was a wonderful temporary job
Customer Service Representative Lego Group (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 3, 2018
i was hired, part time, for Christmas. They had a thorough 2 week training program, before you ever take a phone call. Even after the training, they pair yo with a seasoned staff that can assist you and there was always a manager on the floor to assist. It was a grat company to work for, however when they offered me a full time position, it meant a further distance to drive at a lower rate of pay. I had to decline the offer.
Pros
Being a part of assist customers with purchases was fun.
Cons
working nights and weekends was not fun
Wonderful company to work for.
Part-Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2018
They truly believe in family. They are a great company to work for. The management cares about you and wants the best for you. It's fun and exciting and you meet lots of great LEGO fans!
reason for leaving
Order Picker, Wrapped & Staged (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJune 7, 2018
i liked working at lego and would probably still be at the job but the company closed. the pay was pretty good and the coworkers were fun to work with.
Pros
good management
Cons
uncertainty of job status
Fun place to work
Americana Roadshow Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 30, 2018
This was a unique opportunity to be apart of! The event itself was amazing and simple to manage. The staff was average at best and difficult to manage, but it was still an amazing experience.
Pros
the events
Cons
the staff
Lego Store Summary
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaApril 29, 2018
I worked for Lego for over 2 years. A typical day at work was always fast paced. I learned how to handle cash and debit card at an accelerating rate.I one time did over 200 cash transactions, each one was perfect from beginning to end. The management was always caring and concerning on how you are feeling because the place can get stressful.The workplace culture was amazing, a bunch of unique individuals that eventually became my second family. The hardest part of the job is handling the lines. My first day was my only hardest day. The amount of cash handling experience you get is crazy high. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and my bosses. They knew how to turn any bad day into a good one.
Great company that has lost it's way
Business Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 24, 2018
LEGO has been a great company to work for. Great people, great benefits, fun environment, but lately they have lost their way. Last year there were 1,400 layoffs worldwide at LEGO. This goes against their people promise and many employees felt the company betrayed them.
Fun gig if you can afford Part-Time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  lynnApril 6, 2018
Everyone I worked with during the grand-opening was friendly and excited for the opportunity. Most customers are already happy when they see the store!
WAS a very creative place to work
LEGO Sr. Art Director (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 3, 2018
I worked for LEGO for many years. The first years were amazing! It was the glory days and we helped make it so. In 2017, with a new leadership group, LEGO let 1,400 employees go. Claiming it was a "rightsizing" for the company. LEGO never missed a financial beat so it had nothing to do with money. We were made aware that "soon" some of our colleagues would be let go. Almost six agonizing months later they began letting people go. The LEGO product is one of the best in the world. Lets hope their leadership can follow suit.
Pros
It's LEGO!
Cons
Poor leadership
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 27, 2018
Had fun while working! Very busy around the holiday season but everyone was great to work with. The hardest part of the job was listening to parents yelling when a set wasn't available for Christmas.
Pros
You get to test build sets
Great experience
Head Referee - FIRST Robotics Lego League (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla County, WAMarch 13, 2018
I volunteered as a head-referee, 3 years in a row, for the annual Lego Robotics League for high school robotics groups.
It was a great experience working with highschool students.
We were given free lunch
Pros
Free Lunch
I love the lego store
BRICK SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJanuary 30, 2018
For two years I had worked for the Lego Store and I loved it, it was a great place to work and I if I could I would go back in a heart beat, management was perfect I really like both my Store and Assistant Store Manager. I actually enjoyed going to work at the Lego Store everyday was a new adventure. The only part that was hard about the job was when we would be sold out of stock and telling customers that we were out however I loved it I got to learn so much.
Pros
Management, Workplace Culture
Everybody loves LEGO
Part-time Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 21, 2018
The job is very enjoyable.
There are some young customers and some on the older side everyone is a big fan.
The best part of the job is helping customers find the perfect gift for a child.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
The pay rate.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 18, 2018
This experience was awesome. Never knew how serious Legos was before I worked there...it was fun. I got to meet new family's the children loved me. It was nice.
Great beginner job
Brick Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Quick to pick up routine and protocol. Must be able to work with kids as well as adults. Coworkers are all friendly. Don't have enough hours to give employees.
customer service.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 7, 2018
Everyone is hired as a temporary employee, little to no benefits. Management is okay, not very personal. It is a fast paced and competitive enviroment.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
free snacks
Nice people, but no advancement out of Customer Service
LEGO Consumer Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 2, 2018
The company has wonderful people working there, but if you want to advance out of Customer Service you shouldn't work there. Very rarely do people in Customer Service get out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The LEGO Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Diversity score

81out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The LEGO Group.

Powered by Comparably