the LEGO Group

the LEGO Group Employee Reviews

United States265 reviews

retailstorefundiscountbrandproductsetplay

If only they paid more

I like this position. But its retail and therefore you do not own your weekends.

Good

Great management and coworkers. Friendly, inclusive, positive work environment. Ok pay. Good perks, employee discount, part time and work about 20 hours/week

the LEGO Group insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Great company to work for, customers are tough

I absolutely loved the company as a whole, they were super great with personal time and checking in on their employees to make sure everything was going ok, there was a lot to learn in training and most things weren’t fully learned until you worked on your own, the customers can either be super great or super awful, lots of people calling and emailing about the same things and they could be really angry (some made me cry), hours weren’t great since i had to work every other weekend, it made it hard to plan things out

Pros

great company and management, lots of benefits

Cons

customers can be very rude, hours were odd

Great People even greater job

My coworkers were easily some of the best people i’ve met, never had a bad shift, the benefits and employee discount was phenomenal. favoritism from surveys

A company that truly cares

This company means everything they say about their product, and everyone who works here is so passionate. They stand by their employees and put their needs on the same level as the customer.

Work here if you enjoy being fake and stuck in the same role for years

Management is overbearing and often pick favorites. If you're not in the right friend groups, good luck getting anywhere in this company. Very clique like relationships. Pretty high turnover rate, always new people coming and going.High focus on numbers to the point where it's very stressful. Ridiculous 0 tolerance policies so if you make a small mistake here or there, you'll hear about it or get fired. Company acts like it cares about you but they don't.

Pros

Discount on lego is great

Cons

Bad supervisors and clique like friends groups. May get fired for no reason

Wonderful Working Environment

Great place to workFlexibleAbove average inclusivitySupervisors and Managers are personablePay is average. Some will stay regardless because the company is simply amazing while others will leave due to this with no room for growth.

Great experience for first job

Honestly, there's little to complain about at my time with Lego. The people there are awesome and the management team is always willing to hear you out. You do only get a 30 minute lunch, and sometimes it can be spent doing returns since the Brick Specialists (associates) cannot do returns. I'd definitely work here again. It's a great fit for a first job.

Pros

Great Management, Paid Sick Days, Yearly increase in pay

Cons

No PTO/Vacation days, Small increase in pay

Great people, great company!

This company really values their employees and offers a fun place to work! All employees are eligible for yearly bonuses based on overall company performance and free LEGO sets for special occasions!

Pros

Excellent culture and fun!

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities in the area, not really room for growth.

Don't EVER work here!

Typical day:-log into your phone prior to your shift-go live at the time of your shift-work your tail off until your break - phones don't stop - ever-take your break-log back on-work your tail off again until your next break-log back on-work your tail off until your shift is over-get paid less than new hires for all of the above

Pros

There used to be great perks... not anymore.

Cons

Stressful work with little to no reward or prospects for 110% effort all the time!

Great fun place to work

Started job and new not one thing about company.The owner was a great hard worker who had a vision no one could see see or understand. He started this company from the bottom up. The perks are the best things and pay and benefits.

Pros

pay

Cons

Not a thing.

Great Company. Don't get suckered into CSE

I guess you know what you're signing up for when you apply for a Consumer Service Engagement job, however don't think this is an Entry into a better position, chances of you moving up even with a degree are not in your favor. This department isn't even considered part of the LEGO Group to others within the company.

Pros

Company overall is great

Cons

CSE Department is TERRIBLE

Fun place for a retail job

Typical retail job duties, but with the added bonus of actually enjoying and getting to build the products, if you enjoy Lego. I was only there for the holiday season, but still felt like a valued part of the team and got to enjoy the employee benefits.

High turnover rate. Employees are not valued.

Terrible culture. No work-life balance. Terrible pay. Strongly encouraged to sleep in the building when it snows so you don't miss your next shift. Not a lot of advancement.

Productive, supportive, fun team based environment with autonomy and lots of perks

Playful, team environment, with lots of support. LEGO trusts its employees to do their job. They provide the needed support to be successful. They encourage feedback and then value and implement it. Benefits are generous. A really fun place to work. The best company I have ever worked for.

Pros

Great teamwork and people, support for continuous improvement, transparency and growth, generous opportunities to win LEGO sets, playful and fun. Remote opportunies available too

Cons

The heathcare program does not offer all medications in their formulary, Dont offer many permanent positions for remote workers.

Busy but enjoyable

Working at the Lego Store was an experience. The store I was at was constantly packed, but made time fly by. Managers and other staff were great as well.

Fun Job Horrible Staff

I wish I had an enjoyable experience at this job like the others, Lego itself was a very fun environment, and being able to build during shifts helps the time go faster. I worked at The Westchester location and was hired for the retail supervisor position, training was very thorough and management is always ready to help. At first, everything was perfectly fine until I was informed that most of the staff didn't like me, and rumors began to spread among the staff and even management. I didn't understand why, mainly because I was a new hire, but the staff ruined my experience and management didn't do anything even after we discussed the issue. Customers are super nice at times, but you MUST have tough skin to deal with entitlement. Pay is decent for a supervisor, which is $16.80 the hour, BUT working at The Westchester be prepared to pay a $9 fee after EVERY shift due to parking. Again, this job was amazing but the staff and location were horrible.

Pros

Flexible schedule, employee discount, decent pay

Cons

Location, staff

Unfortunately they shut the doors.

Everyone I know that worked at LEGO DC enjoyed being there. It was fun, well maintained, and we're all bummed that it was sold and left us on the curb. I haven't found another job like it. Sure, I've been (and am) at a better paying job but sometimes it's not about money.

The people are nice and respectful but never be fooled by the nicenest

The pay is not much just decent, there is information overload during training which is 3weeks if you don’t pass final assessment you’re out. The culture is very supportive and L2 is always ready to help.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

The CRM system is very technical, there is little room for error

work life balance as well as all the great people who care and work along side of you.

take on work orders to deal with any issues that have not been dealt with previously. team meeting to give any updates or issues any one is having.. being able to resolve issues in a timely matter and allowing the other employees to keep doing their jobs as best as they can.

Pros

benefits people. pay

Cons

long drive to work

Great company to work with

I have been an employee for 3 years. I love it. Work is combined with play. When giving a suggestion to supervisors I feel like I am heard and not given excuses for why things can't change.

Pros

Love my job

Cons

Customers can be rude at times and that makes your day not as fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at the LEGO Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare the LEGO Group with

• the LEGO Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?