the LEGO Group

• Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

If only they paid more

I like this position. But its retail and therefore you do not own your weekends.

Unfortunately they shut the doors.

Everyone I know that worked at LEGO DC enjoyed being there. It was fun, well maintained, and we're all bummed that it was sold and left us on the curb. I haven't found another job like it. Sure, I've been (and am) at a better paying job but sometimes it's not about money.

The people are nice and respectful but never be fooled by the nicenest

The pay is not much just decent, there is information overload during training which is 3weeks if you don’t pass final assessment you’re out. The culture is very supportive and L2 is always ready to help.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

The CRM system is very technical, there is little room for error

work life balance as well as all the great people who care and work along side of you.

take on work orders to deal with any issues that have not been dealt with previously. team meeting to give any updates or issues any one is having.. being able to resolve issues in a timely matter and allowing the other employees to keep doing their jobs as best as they can.

Pros

benefits people. pay

Cons

long drive to work

Great company to work with

I have been an employee for 3 years. I love it. Work is combined with play. When giving a suggestion to supervisors I feel like I am heard and not given excuses for why things can't change.

Pros

Love my job

Cons

Customers can be rude at times and that makes your day not as fun.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Work life balance pros

The LEGO group are Work life balance pros!!!!!! Great, low cost benefits!!!! I have nothing but good things for to say about The LEGO Group. Great place to work!

Pros

Wellness hour

It’s okay but pay sucks

I still work here full time. It’s alright people are generally nice but it’s close to impossible to move up even with a degree and experience. They lose a lot of qualified people because they only move you up if you have connections in the company. Remco is terrible and doesn’t know what’s going on, ever. You only make $14/hr

Fun place to work

It is a very fun place to work, you get to play with and show off Lego sets to customers all day. I enjoy working with my team and meeting all the wonderful tourist that come to the store.

Pros

Nice discount, Sick time, and 401k

Cons

Low pay and no health/dental/vision insurance. No full time employment.

The kid-friendly atmosphere and the friendly staff members

Working at the LEGO Store or any other toy store can be a lot of fun. I never got bored there. I got to be around children in a friendly atmosphere. I also had co workers who accepted everybody for who they were.

Fun Workplace Environment with Opportunities for Personal Growth

The LEGO Group provides employees with a great environment, great camaraderie with coworkers, fun office environment that simultaneously promotes personal growth.

Pros

Awesome Personal/Vacation Time Policy

Cons

N/a

The culture and care for the employees

Loved working for Lego. My position was faded out due to Covid. We could not visit stores. They provided equipment and the training was very thorough. The management was available for all questions and issues that might arise. Although we all worked in the field and in different cities, they always brought us together in meetings.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Traffic

Just don’t do it

The new people don’t know, but the call center environment has gone down the hill. There aren’t anymore fun activities and you can’t personalize your own space as before. Leaders aren’t interested in speaking to their staff. I worked for there for a year and had 3 meetings with my leader. I was eventually bullied to leave. The leaders are bullies and they only like the staff that will mindlessly follow their views.

Fun first job but not a place to start a career

This was my first real job and it was a lot of fun. The job is great, the staff was nice, and the product is the best. There is room to grown inside the store and possibly to other stores years down the road but anything outside of retail growth is almost impossible to achieve from starting at a store.

Pros

Great employee discount and benefits

The most fun place I've ever worked!

LEGO Brand Retail is such a fun place to work, sometimes it hardly felt like work at all! The team is very serious about work-life balance, and very supportive of everyone's continued success both within the company, and without. Within the store itself, there isn't much wiggle room besides the usual sales associate > shift leader > management roles, but the company does their best to retain employees and show their appreciation for the staff that you don't really worry about the upwards mobility much. The clients are great, and really appreciate you being there to help them. It can get a little stressful around the winter holidays, but the good customers always outweigh the bad and keep that smile on your face!

Pros

Supportive management, company appreciation, store discounts, clientele

Cons

Not much upwards mobility, stressful at end-of-year holiday time

Great place to work part time while attending college.

The retail side of the company is your standard retail job but with the perks of being a LEGO store. The duties of the job and hours are easy to balance while attending school.

Good Company

Overall the company is good, but the flaws are not having very well communication when it comes to customers or employees. They do have different team leaders, but hopefully you can get someone that helps build you up than down. I got better support from my team and level 2 support than my team lead. The pay and discounts are amazing and they give you a day every week called wellness hour that is combined with your lunch break. So instead of your regular 30 mins, you will have 1 hour and 30 mins.

Pros

Discount, can request off same day if available, flexibility

Cons

Short breaks, lack of communication from company to employees and customers

Great for part time

I loved working at the LEGO store. It was very fun, which is why I stayed as long as I did. I had it as a part time job alongside a full time job for about 7 years. It's retail, so the schedule can get hectic, and exhausting, but the repeat customers are so great. It's fun to work somewhere that you can get excited about the product. As far as management, the store manager was not great, but everyone else was fine.

Pros

Fun atmosphere, getting paid to build LEGO, flexible schedule if you are looking for part time

Cons

Difficult to get full time, locations are far apart so opportunities are limited, retail schedule

Part time seasonal

It was ok for a part time seasonal job. It was hard to work in some stores because you had to track down the department manager and sometimes that could take long and cut into your merchandising.

Great coworkers, corporate is meh

The atmosphere here is great mainly because of the coworkers. Corporate (upper management) makes it hard by always changing rules and sometimes being unreasonable. They really do care more about their business than employees at some points and with them (corporate) usually the customer is always right which leaves room for a lot of cranky and entitled people to come in and complain. Yearly raises although the way raises are given is unclear. Discounts are good but the rules on how you can use your discount are constantly changing as well. Besides this working as sales is fun and worth making peoples day if you can get past the bull.

Pros

coworkers, yearly bonuses, transitchek is worth it IF you make enough, flexible with school and work

Cons

pay, unwilling to give full time roles, different rules for in-store employees and employees in corporate

Values based company

Overall a very good company to work for with sane goals, very reasonable hours and a true emphasis on customer service. Some district managers are very good.

Pros

Amazing discount

Cons

Little room for growth after reaching store manager

Great place to work!

Always had something to learn whenever I went in to work and had fun even when things were crazy. Only complaint is that there weren't too many promotional opportunities in my area

Pros

Excellent work environment

Cons

Depending on location, not many chances to move up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at the LEGO Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss