The LEGO Group Employee Reviews

Wonderful company to work for.
Part-Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2018
They truly believe in family. They are a great company to work for. The management cares about you and wants the best for you. It's fun and exciting and you meet lots of great LEGO fans!
reason for leaving
Order Picker, Wrapped & Staged (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJune 7, 2018
i liked working at lego and would probably still be at the job but the company closed. the pay was pretty good and the coworkers were fun to work with.
Pros
good management
Cons
uncertainty of job status
Fun place to work
Americana Roadshow Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 30, 2018
This was a unique opportunity to be apart of! The event itself was amazing and simple to manage. The staff was average at best and difficult to manage, but it was still an amazing experience.
Pros
the events
Cons
the staff
Lego Store Summary
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaApril 29, 2018
I worked for Lego for over 2 years. A typical day at work was always fast paced. I learned how to handle cash and debit card at an accelerating rate.I one time did over 200 cash transactions, each one was perfect from beginning to end. The management was always caring and concerning on how you are feeling because the place can get stressful.The workplace culture was amazing, a bunch of unique individuals that eventually became my second family. The hardest part of the job is handling the lines. My first day was my only hardest day. The amount of cash handling experience you get is crazy high. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and my bosses. They knew how to turn any bad day into a good one.
Great company that has lost it's way
Business Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 24, 2018
LEGO has been a great company to work for. Great people, great benefits, fun environment, but lately they have lost their way. Last year there were 1,400 layoffs worldwide at LEGO. This goes against their people promise and many employees felt the company betrayed them.
Fun gig if you can afford Part-Time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  lynnApril 6, 2018
Everyone I worked with during the grand-opening was friendly and excited for the opportunity. Most customers are already happy when they see the store!
WAS a very creative place to work
LEGO Sr. Art Director (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTApril 3, 2018
I worked for LEGO for many years. The first years were amazing! It was the glory days and we helped make it so. In 2017, with a new leadership group, LEGO let 1,400 employees go. Claiming it was a "rightsizing" for the company. LEGO never missed a financial beat so it had nothing to do with money. We were made aware that "soon" some of our colleagues would be let go. Almost six agonizing months later they began letting people go. The LEGO product is one of the best in the world. Lets hope their leadership can follow suit.
Pros
It's LEGO!
Cons
Poor leadership
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMarch 27, 2018
Had fun while working! Very busy around the holiday season but everyone was great to work with. The hardest part of the job was listening to parents yelling when a set wasn't available for Christmas.
Pros
You get to test build sets
Great experience
Head Referee - FIRST Robotics Lego League (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla County, WAMarch 13, 2018
I volunteered as a head-referee, 3 years in a row, for the annual Lego Robotics League for high school robotics groups.
It was a great experience working with highschool students.
We were given free lunch
Pros
Free Lunch
I love the lego store
BRICK SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJanuary 30, 2018
For two years I had worked for the Lego Store and I loved it, it was a great place to work and I if I could I would go back in a heart beat, management was perfect I really like both my Store and Assistant Store Manager. I actually enjoyed going to work at the Lego Store everyday was a new adventure. The only part that was hard about the job was when we would be sold out of stock and telling customers that we were out however I loved it I got to learn so much.
Pros
Management, Workplace Culture
Everybody loves LEGO
Part-time Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 21, 2018
The job is very enjoyable.
There are some young customers and some on the older side everyone is a big fan.
The best part of the job is helping customers find the perfect gift for a child.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
The pay rate.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 18, 2018
This experience was awesome. Never knew how serious Legos was before I worked there...it was fun. I got to meet new family's the children loved me. It was nice.
Great beginner job
Brick Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Quick to pick up routine and protocol. Must be able to work with kids as well as adults. Coworkers are all friendly. Don't have enough hours to give employees.
customer service.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 7, 2018
Everyone is hired as a temporary employee, little to no benefits. Management is okay, not very personal. It is a fast paced and competitive enviroment.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
free snacks
Nice people, but no advancement out of Customer Service
LEGO Consumer Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJanuary 2, 2018
The company has wonderful people working there, but if you want to advance out of Customer Service you shouldn't work there. Very rarely do people in Customer Service get out.
Great experience for your resume
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTDecember 28, 2017
Great company overall. Contact center isn't the foot in the door for career advancement within the company as you'd originally expect. Our department is very detached from the rest of the company, there are no cross-functional opportunities. There are a variety of targets to meet, and you're strapped to your desk by your headset. Consumer surveys affect bonuses which doesn't always seem fair as a lot of consumer disappointments are out of your control. Often feels like were a set up for failure, and we're the frontline for damage control. Much to be expected though working in a call center, and in customer service. Plus side, you really get to know the consumer, and 98% of calls are favorable. I enjoy dealing with LEGO fans! You handle a lot of different types of calls from orders, missing parts, building instruction help to LEGO Education technical support, fan suggestions, and more. Most calls are really fun! Two weeks vacation time, plus a week of personal time. Fair benefits for part-time employment.
Pros
Free pizza on holidays, raffles, prizes, and great discounts.
Cons
Lack of opportunity/career advancement.
Productive environment that is fun, quick pace, and a place where one can learn and benefit themselves
Brick Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 20, 2017
Upon working immediately at the Lego store, I already felt fully welcomed both by coworkers and uppper staff, it is a place that will keep you busy any time of the day while still enjoying oneself and the work they have
Best place to work!
Brick Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2017
Pay could be better but the company truly cares about it's employees! This is the first time I truly felt loved by my job. It can get quiet busy but it's really relaxing and very fun!
Excellent
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 21, 2017
The people are great, the benefits are outstanding and they try very hard to do the right thing. There are growing pains but overall a wonderful place to work.
Pros
flexible work schedule, free coffee and snacks all day, benfits, great colleagues
Cons
job insecurity, technology and tools lacking, processes bulky
Fun , I love it, its just not enough hours.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2017
Typically for me I am supervising and making sure that my team is doing as they are suppose to. More importantly making sure our customers have been welcomed into the store and helped out by a team member or myself. If there is no manager working I am the one who handles any customer issues, returns, and or exchanges.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The LEGO Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

81out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The LEGO Group.