the LEGO Group

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

retailstorefundiscountbrandproductsetplay

Great People even greater job

My coworkers were easily some of the best people i’ve met, never had a bad shift, the benefits and employee discount was phenomenal. favoritism from surveys

Great company to work for, customers are tough

I absolutely loved the company as a whole, they were super great with personal time and checking in on their employees to make sure everything was going ok, there was a lot to learn in training and most things weren’t fully learned until you worked on your own, the customers can either be super great or super awful, lots of people calling and emailing about the same things and they could be really angry (some made me cry), hours weren’t great since i had to work every other weekend, it made it hard to plan things out

Pros

great company and management, lots of benefits

Cons

customers can be very rude, hours were odd

the LEGO Group insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Great experience for first job

Honestly, there's little to complain about at my time with Lego. The people there are awesome and the management team is always willing to hear you out. You do only get a 30 minute lunch, and sometimes it can be spent doing returns since the Brick Specialists (associates) cannot do returns. I'd definitely work here again. It's a great fit for a first job.

Pros

Great Management, Paid Sick Days, Yearly increase in pay

Cons

No PTO/Vacation days, Small increase in pay

Great fun place to work

Started job and new not one thing about company.The owner was a great hard worker who had a vision no one could see see or understand. He started this company from the bottom up. The perks are the best things and pay and benefits.

Pros

pay

Cons

Not a thing.

Fun place for a retail job

Typical retail job duties, but with the added bonus of actually enjoying and getting to build the products, if you enjoy Lego. I was only there for the holiday season, but still felt like a valued part of the team and got to enjoy the employee benefits.

Productive, supportive, fun team based environment with autonomy and lots of perks

Playful, team environment, with lots of support. LEGO trusts its employees to do their job. They provide the needed support to be successful. They encourage feedback and then value and implement it. Benefits are generous. A really fun place to work. The best company I have ever worked for.

Pros

Great teamwork and people, support for continuous improvement, transparency and growth, generous opportunities to win LEGO sets, playful and fun. Remote opportunies available too

Cons

The heathcare program does not offer all medications in their formulary, Dont offer many permanent positions for remote workers.

work life balance as well as all the great people who care and work along side of you.

take on work orders to deal with any issues that have not been dealt with previously. team meeting to give any updates or issues any one is having.. being able to resolve issues in a timely matter and allowing the other employees to keep doing their jobs as best as they can.

Pros

benefits people. pay

Cons

long drive to work

Work life balance pros

The LEGO group are Work life balance pros!!!!!! Great, low cost benefits!!!! I have nothing but good things for to say about The LEGO Group. Great place to work!

Pros

Wellness hour

Fun place to work

It is a very fun place to work, you get to play with and show off Lego sets to customers all day. I enjoy working with my team and meeting all the wonderful tourist that come to the store.

Pros

Nice discount, Sick time, and 401k

Cons

Low pay and no health/dental/vision insurance. No full time employment.

Fun first job but not a place to start a career

This was my first real job and it was a lot of fun. The job is great, the staff was nice, and the product is the best. There is room to grown inside the store and possibly to other stores years down the road but anything outside of retail growth is almost impossible to achieve from starting at a store.

Pros

Great employee discount and benefits

Great coworkers, corporate is meh

The atmosphere here is great mainly because of the coworkers. Corporate (upper management) makes it hard by always changing rules and sometimes being unreasonable. They really do care more about their business than employees at some points and with them (corporate) usually the customer is always right which leaves room for a lot of cranky and entitled people to come in and complain. Yearly raises although the way raises are given is unclear. Discounts are good but the rules on how you can use your discount are constantly changing as well. Besides this working as sales is fun and worth making peoples day if you can get past the bull.

Pros

coworkers, yearly bonuses, transitchek is worth it IF you make enough, flexible with school and work

Cons

pay, unwilling to give full time roles, different rules for in-store employees and employees in corporate

Fun job, not enough hours

If you are a hardcore Lego fan and you want to get paid to have fun, this is for you. But be warned, this is not a job you can rely on. Get another full-time or part-time job just to make ends meet. Lego cannot provide full-time pay or benefits.

Needs work on mangement

Great company to work for because they are family oriented company, great benefits and pay. Management there needs work because the manager speak down to their associates and doesnt give enough encouragement for the task you complete.

Not the best experience.

I worked for LEGO for 2 years. (1 year - internal, 1 year - external) I accepted job offer on internal position "Accountant", it was maternity leave position. HR and Chief Accountant told me that after working for LEGO I would get annual bonus. After I worked 1 year, the employee who was on maternity leave, returned. And I did not get any bonus while all team did. I think it was not fair. I worked being LEGO employee for one year and I did not get any benefits about which I heared when I was hired. I had a good team and friendly relationships with leader and with colleagues (except only one person with whom everyone in LEGO has a problem). When I came to BSO Russia, atmosphere in deprtment was very toxic. I could change that, I made it more healthy and friendly. But relationship for me first of all like for a specialist was weak, I could not change this, even I have huge experience and good educaction in accounting. I have done for LEGO a lot and always were ready to help in any questions, but I didn't get any value for my work. So when in oct 2018 employee returned on her place I needed to leave the company, but I had offer to become external employee. I was happy to stay and accepted the offer. Because overall LEGO is place of good people! A lot of actitvities. positive life values, a lot of interesting and bright persons around. But it was my mistake to accept the offer of external employee, so after 1 year as external I decided to leave. Because being external employee I have not good conditions: no changes in salary, also every 9 month I should be fired -

Work very hard and play very hard. Everyone is keeping their eyes on you.

This was the best of times and the worse of times. The daily work was very physical... sometimes working until 9 pm. Management always keep a keen eye on everyone. You were expected to party late and night with them and show up the next morning at meetings. They did take up to beautiful places for sales meetings. It gave you the sense of a cult culture. Everyone had cool knicknames and you had to follow guidelines to the tee. The managers spent lots of times holding sales meetings and doing market runs.... meaning your stores had to be in tip top shape all the time. Benefits were good especially company car.

excellent work environment, but hard to move up

Even with years of working in the company it is very difficult to move up in the company. Well managed and well enough paying, though very hard to get more than 24 hours a week.

Love it there

LEGO is a very great company to work for, the Benifits are amazing. LEGO is the best warehouse job that I have ever worked for. Also, they are always doing great things for the associates.

Twist on retail

Yes we get to build Lego sets at work, but at the same time it is a retail job and we are not qualified to babysit children. In all it is a recommend job.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Short hours

The Store

Currently, everything is going well as the store. I do enjoy working there. It is a good company to work for if you are out of high school and looking for a job.

Good Place to Work with Great Coworkers

My manager is super great and reasonable. The hours are flexible and the work is not terribly taxing as long as you are doing what you are supposed to do.

fun but busy

Fun place to work if you enjoy being around kids. Can get super hectic around holidays. Worked at Disney springs which gets you some of the Disney benefits as well

Pros

discounted lego sets

Cons

a lot of kids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at the LEGO Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight