The Light Connection Employee Reviews

work schedule was sporadic
FIBER OPTIC CABLE EXTRUSION OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYMay 31, 2017
overall a steady job that was full time and weekly pay.
however there were many times the line (cable extruding machine) was down for maintainance or some other mechanical/software issue. and in those cases finding something to do to occupy the down time was a constant struggle.Especially for someone who likes to be busy. I took pride in my work and the product I produced. The initial pay is great to start.
Pros
monthly free lunch
Cons
coming in at 2am, 3am and sometimes 5am take a toll on you
Learned how to work under pressure.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Fiber optic is new to me and with the position I was able to see how this works. People worked well together from the office staff to the warehouse employees.
Pros
alot of education
Gave opportunities to learn about industry (i.e classes on fiber)
Set-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYOctober 20, 2016
Every day was a day in which I learned more about fiber. I had no conflicts with management/co-workers, in fact, I was seen as an asset to the company due to the fact I made sure to learn all I could. I could operate all but one of the machines in the entire facility, therefore when someone could not make it to work, I was there to cover. The toughest part of the job was running new products, but with repetition got easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the capabilities of fiber optics.
Pros
Available classes on fiber, Incentive program
Cons
Low pay
good place to work, fairly new company, still working out some problems
Shipping Supervisor, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJune 3, 2016
People are very family friendly, very safe, fairly good training, some very good equipment. very fast paced for most of the time which I enjoy. The President, and Accounting Manager are both excellent people.
Pros
free lunches once a month, fast paced, very safe place to work.
Cons
Very hard to get promoted, or raises.
a bad place to work
na (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYAugust 13, 2013
the job is actually not difficult yet you are expected to do things outside of job description. Management is self involved and uninformed looking to exploit its workers with raises being rare, and giving little room for any advancement. Morale is extremely low with people constantly insulting each other.
Pros
people quit so often its hard to get fired
Cons
politics are awful
nice place to work
sales (Former Employee) –  stocktonAugust 21, 2012
never knew where or what youd be working on any givin day, good management
Fast growing production company
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 23, 2012
A typical day at work starts at 8:00 AM.
As a product engineer I check the schedule on a daily basis and review production orders for any inconsistencies.
Keep updated safety certifications for all cables types.
Support sales on a daily basis.
Maintain engineering library of engineering drawings, ECN/ ECR, product specification sheets.
The hardest part of my job is to keep up to date with the latest in the industry and provide management with reports on my findings.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with the ERP system and better understand production business and lean manufacturing.
Pros
vacations, free lunch
Cons
employee growth, healthcare, compensation
An ok place to work
Extrudor Operator (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYMay 16, 2012
Ok for a start but not for career advancements. Great overall environment, but poor position rates. Employees are respectful. Just to much responsibility for the position rates.
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
career advancements