The Lilly Company

Working at The Lilly Company: 25 Reviews

United States25 reviews

workgreatmanagementlillymanagergoodworkingpay

Commission structure is competative. Poor local Management

Very little training. You need to know the forklift industry or be an excellent tenured salesperson. If you are not either the job is not for you. 100% commission no salary. No cell phone reimbursement. Only $500 car allowance. No additional mileage reimbursement if you exceed the $500.All of that considered, you can make 6 figures if you are excellent at your job. Local Sales Manager is a compulsive liar and has physically and mentally bullied/coerced/intimidated the office staff. Manager will give hot call in leads to his favorite sales person even if its in your territory. Be prepared to generate 100% of your own sales.Once again considering all of that if you are a self starter and independent, you can earn 6 figures.

Pros

Freedom to develop your territory as you want to

Cons

Little to zero training. My sales manager spent a total of 6 hours training me in the field.

Outstanding Equipment Company!

I worked at Lilly for 5 years and enjoyed every minute of it. Great commission structure and product line up. Excellent sales and branch management. Excellent support staff.

The Lilly Company insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Excellent Company

They truly care about each individual. Excellent pay and promotion opportunity. You are never micromanaged. People are respected. It feels like an extended family.

Pros

Great management support

Great place to work with a staff that is always a phone call away

As a former employee of the Lilly company in knoxville , I have zero negativity to say about the company. I had to find something that was more practical for me ( I was driving 2 hours at minimum , one way ) for work. If not for that , I would still be with the company. Both the service manager and sales manager are excellent people and would do anything to help ... YOU JUST HAVE TO ASK! The sales coordinator and office manager are great to work with as well and would do anything to help! The sales manager would help you find leads and shoot them your way when he could to help you succeed... you would just have to make the call to the customer. With his experience in the field (over 25years) he knows what it takes to succeed in this field and has developed a great relationship with the material handling industry in the area. If you are a go getter , and someone that wants to determine your own success , and are located in the knoxville area , I would highly recommend working with the people at the Lilly Company! The sales manager was always willing to show me the ropes and go out on calls with me...all I had to do was ask

Pros

Great atmosphere and willingness to help succeed

Cons

Commission based.... so if you’re not a driven person, this may not be for you ...otherwise, hop on

Excellent Company

The Lilly Company is a fantastic company. They’re great to work for.. If you get a chance to work for them accept immediately. It’s fun to work with wonderful people.

No consistency between branches.

There is no consistency between branches. HR picks and chooses the rules they want to enforce. Very poor leadership from the top down. Think hard about this company, at the right branch you might enjoy working there. Pick the wrong one and you may not enjoy your time with them. Also, company is getting top heavy.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Too many managers

Slave drivers

As a former Long time employee They don’t not care about there employees it’s all about friends of friends And affairs Management is poor Service techs beware false promises upfront I

Pros

Being management is a pro

Cons

Don’t work there

Good hourly employees

My day started with scheduling and getting the technicians out to service calls as fast as possible. I answered the phones for customer support and dispatched the technicians as needed. Scheduling service for future tickets was a daily priority as well as making the daily deposit.

Pros

Forklift company, I love the industry

Cons

Not good direction pertaining to their system

no growth company money hungry

Does not pay well Management always pushing Will not hire experienced tech low pay no help slow to give raises poor leadership no vision for improvement managers and ownership not connected

Worst in industry

No base salary. Spend months training instead of allowing you to develop your territory. Then expect immediate results. The Clark brand is not supported or the focus of company. Can’t handle current customers, so servicing new customers is out of the question.

Pros

Ability to interact with customers

Cons

No feedback or real support from management.

Good product line, stressful work environment.

When I started with The Lilly Co. I was made to believe that everyone was a valued member of "the team". After a few months it became obvious that was not true. The upper management team was the ones that were valued and the common working people were very expendable. It was a good life lesson but I would not work there again.

We say busy working with customers and repairs.

I'm looking for a new career. For a change.I'm a field tech. I go out make repairs on forklift. And i weld repair electrical repairs and hydraulic repairs.

Pros

I have a company van and gas card.

Cons

We have only lunch no breaks.0

Supervision

Supervision under minds all actions of its employees. Sales goals are realistic but with that being said they need to focus on leadership roles. Commission is fair but there are time constraints that caused issues.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Leadership

good place to work

Good place to work! staff was nice. provided us with training as new lifts were put on the market. always gave you information on any area you were not familiar with.

Don’t drink the Kool-aid

Clark is not Toyota. This Company cares 0 about the Clark brand. They will not push it, support it, and on some cases even acknowledge it. They will sell you the position as a vibrant company but will have unrealistic expectations. Managers are not motivated and communication is almost non existent. Corporate never visits, tech support is awful, sales team has 0 push, service struggles. Steer clear of this.

Great place to work!

Company really backs its employees. 100% family ran and owned.will push you to be the best in the business and back you up with skills training. Best material handling company in the area.

Productive and fun environment.

Wonderful work environment. Everyone professional and friendly. Great job for professionals moving up in their career. The Lilly Company is a multi million dollar company. Has many opportunities to grow in your career. They pay well and has wonderful healthcare.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Healthcare

Well balanced and a great place to work.

Love working for the Lilly Company, always being encouraged to grow and learn. Can be fast pace at time, you will stay busy, but it's always a joy to come to work.

great place to work

The Lilly company is a great company to work for. The reason I left the Lilly co was a layoff. I relocated to FL. Service manager was not the greatest at the end of my career as a lack of involvement there was a layoff.

Pros

company service truck

Cons

no work

It was a good place with good pay and bonuses. People were great and easygoing some were difficult to deal with. Co-operate management did not come around much but needed to and unexpected.

The Lilly Company was a great place to work. If it were not for all the branches laying off each Rental manager, I would have retired from the company. I was very happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Lilly Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits