The Lincoln Group of Schools Employee Reviews

Good place to work while in school
Assist HVAC instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 12, 2018
It was very helpful having a job in school. I got to help instructors and practice more within my field of training (hvac). I enjoyed helping students. The staffs was friendly and nice.
Plymouth Meeting Division Ran by Excellent VP
Director, Default Prevention (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 9, 2018
Plymouth meeting was well ran and fairly evaluated. The VP of that division was awesome, professional yet down to earth. Very experienced. The staff and co-workers were professional. The AR Administrator was professional new a lot about the company and HR.
Pros
People, Staff, Job
Cons
Work Hours
Wonderful opportunity for Students
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln Technical AcademyNovember 6, 2018
A typical day of teaching is a joy because sharing knowlegdge with eager students is a fullfillment. Managment is very supportive. The diversity of culture has been very educational. The hardest part is not being able to teach every day.
It was a great Opportunity
Adjunct IT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 6, 2018
It was a great opportunity to teach people with a real desire to continue advancing in their professional careers. Many of the students were former members of the Armed Forces that were pursuing a change in their lives.
Pros
Great working environment.
Cons
Short Breaks between classes.
Great fast learning in the medical field
Student (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CANovember 5, 2018
Going to school and getting my medical assistant certification in a year and being very knowledgeable about medical and insurance policies. Clinical and administrative.
Pros
Great knowledge of medical assisting in a year
Cons
No cons
Good company to work for.
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 29, 2018
Good company to work for. Pay was good compared to the work i was completing. Management was fare and understanding to their employees. Workplace culture was fare.
Great Learning Experience
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 29, 2018
Lincoln Tech was a great place to work, doing my time there I was able to work on my customer service skills and learn a few things about loans and deferments for students. I was able to help students put there loans on hold as they venture out in the work world or continued their education.
Pros
It was a great learning experience
Cons
Temps was not really hired
Good technical school
Student and hand-on training (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 24, 2018
Students are well thought. Assigned projects are very educating. Lecturers are generally very nice and knowledgeable. Good training environment. Cost of training fairly okay.
Corporate office was a disaster.
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2018
I hated working there. The corporate office was very unhelpful. They created a very stressful working environment. Was made to feel very unappreciated.
Pros
the people I worked directly with were very nice.
Cons
The corporate office was out of state and they were a nightmare.
Lincoln Tech was a stressfull place to work.
EST Instructor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 5, 2018
As an instructor at Lincoln Tech, I had the chance to plant a seed that would impact a nation. Every day I had the occasion to set the day in motion from my perspective to provoke thought. I taught EST (Electronic Systems Technician). The curriculum I used was NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research). Most of all teaching and training persons is the way I believe to inspire and impact your community through educating the youth and adults.
Pros
Able to teach day and night classes
Cons
Resources were limited
This place is Horrible
Just another worker bee (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 25, 2018
The Turnover rate at this place is crazy. Every other month someone is quitting.
The HR lady is also over the FA department so when you are having issues with FA Management you cannot speak to HR in an unbiased environment.
The FA Director & HR Director are very messy, they keep up drama going, spread business, and they go to lunch together just about every other day.

Admissions was ok. They harp on you about numbers a lot, they make us enroll anyone with a pulse.

Its a very stressful environment to work in. There is no work life balance.

The best part is working with the students and families who want to really get an education.
Pros
great location
Cons
poor management
Working with a great team of individuals, travel & meeting new people was a positive experience for me.
Partnership Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJ 07052September 25, 2018
Working remotely from home and traveling is a first for me. I find it to be a great experience. Traveling sometimes does involve long hour days, 12hr to 16hr days can be tiring. Although working from home allows extra time when not traveling around the country doing presentations to employees and students, campus visits, career service and admissions training. Helping develop student curriculum, setting up specialty training classrooms.Setting up specialty tools, equipment and vehicles for classes. Engaging with the companies partnerships was always a pleasure. Good environment to work in. Positive atmosphere and learning environment.
Pros
Flexibility of working from home. 50% travel per month.
Cons
After set up & success the position is turned over to the individual campuses.
Helping Students is Rewarding but Nothing Else
Student Advisor/Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
Lack of communication from corporate office down to the janitors. Raises are often frozen, no 401k match, do it our way or else, no room for advancement despite great skills and knowledge, suggestions for improvement are ignored. Technology is in the name, but nowhere in the game. Helping students is the only bright spot in this place and they could probably get the same education much cheaper elsewhere.
Pros
students
Cons
management treats you like a child
management
Program Director/ Clinical Externship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 11, 2018
toxic environment due to several management changes , school closed down here in Pinellas County. great coworkers, great culture, no weekends required
Pros
hours
Cons
management
work lots of hours . but give us ability to make decisions
National Director (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 8, 2018
long hours / lots of travel. compensation was good . not a lot of job security . management has been turned over people in charge not from school business.
Pros
expense accounts
Cons
healthcare, work/life balance
great learning environment full of working people
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
cool place to build and start a career great promotions pays was nice hours were available very clear directions on what you shouls teach your students
Pros
near center city
Cons
short breaks
Attends to Needs of student
Instructor of EEST (Current Employee) –  Union CampusSeptember 3, 2018
Lincoln attends to the need to keep the class room in cutting technology. Lincoln pays attention to student issues and are very proactive in bring the class room eduction content relevent to new technology.Striving to keep past to the needs of industry.
Pros
New Ideas
Cons
Building upgrades parking
Productive..
High School Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 30, 2018
micro managed, must meet budgets. constant pressure on activities. I have learned how to work under pressure and manage my time wisely. work place was a little intense but was able to speak freely with management
Pros
meet budgets job security
Cons
don't meet budgets no security
Fair company
Welding Instructor/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 25, 2018
Was here as a instructor and supervisor for five years. It is a private education company. So enrollment and retention are key. They did a good job at providing training for their instructors. However, I think an undue amount of pressure was put on instructors to retain students. Instructors are trying to do in nine months what the public school system failed to do in twelve years.
Pros
good work life ballance
Cons
To much focus on bottom line and not enough on students.
Great
Admittance Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 14, 2018
I have learned a great deal in customer service with this company . I have made a lot of great friends for life. The training is great and very smooth .
Pros
People
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Lincoln Group of Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about