The Lincoln Group of Schools Employee Reviews

management
Program Director/ Clinical Externship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 11, 2018
toxic environment due to several management changes , school closed down here in Pinellas County. great coworkers, great culture, no weekends required
Pros
hours
Cons
management
work lots of hours . but give us ability to make decisions
National Director (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 8, 2018
long hours / lots of travel. compensation was good . not a lot of job security . management has been turned over people in charge not from school business.
Pros
expense accounts
Cons
healthcare, work/life balance
great learning environment full of working people
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
cool place to build and start a career great promotions pays was nice hours were available very clear directions on what you shouls teach your students
Pros
near center city
Cons
short breaks
Attends to Needs of student
Instructor of EEST (Current Employee) –  Union CampusSeptember 3, 2018
Lincoln attends to the need to keep the class room in cutting technology. Lincoln pays attention to student issues and are very proactive in bring the class room eduction content relevent to new technology.Striving to keep past to the needs of industry.
Pros
New Ideas
Cons
Building upgrades parking
Productive..
High School Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 30, 2018
micro managed, must meet budgets. constant pressure on activities. I have learned how to work under pressure and manage my time wisely. work place was a little intense but was able to speak freely with management
Pros
meet budgets job security
Cons
don't meet budgets no security
Fair company
Welding Instructor/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 25, 2018
Was here as a instructor and supervisor for five years. It is a private education company. So enrollment and retention are key. They did a good job at providing training for their instructors. However, I think an undue amount of pressure was put on instructors to retain students. Instructors are trying to do in nine months what the public school system failed to do in twelve years.
Pros
good work life ballance
Cons
To much focus on bottom line and not enough on students.
Great
Admittance Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 14, 2018
I have learned a great deal in customer service with this company . I have made a lot of great friends for life. The training is great and very smooth .
Pros
People
Cons
not enough hours
The student poplation made working at lincoln college in Melrose park, Il worth every penny. They kept me coming daily
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Melrose, ILAugust 13, 2018
I would work here again. Even though the commute was stressful living in this area. The student poplation made working at Lincoln college in Melrose park, Il worth every penny. They kept me coming daily.
Pros
Prep time and 7 hour days
Cons
Mandatory double shifts
animal trainers wanted, no real experience needed
Low Voltage Systems Instructor (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 1, 2018
Good morning/ evening, gentlemen. Please find your seats, and we can start today's/ this evening's class. Seriously, now, let's get started. Put your phones away, please. Do I have to bring in the Director? How many people here are even interested in the course?
(ad nauseum)
Pros
it's a decent paycheck
Cons
WAy more stress than one could ever imagine
Very busy but pleasant phone environment
Inbound Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2018
A typical day started with me talking to my representative on the hot leads that he generated for me from high school students. I would call the student, verify their interest and speak to the parent to schedule an appointment to speak with my representative about Lincoln Tech compared to a four year college.
I learned that some parents do not believe in vocational training.
Management was professional.
The workplace culture was somewhat diverse. The hardest part of the job was keeping the appointments that were scheduled past a week.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition you received for a job well done.
Pros
Perks for achievements.
Cons
N/a
blind eye to skill
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJuly 27, 2018
The mangers were more incline to do favors for employees they liked than actually supporting employees that had skills. A non existent merit based system
It is a job
Instructor (Current Employee) –  CTJuly 26, 2018
It is a job just don't expect to get a raise ever, probably going to close in the near future. Now i am going to ramble for 20 more characters so this will close
Pros
got paid
Cons
didn't get paid enough
Would Return
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2018
Possibly one of my career regrets would be leaving Lincoln. I would definitely recommend Lincoln to friends and family. Would return if an opportunity would present itself.
Pros
Pay, Training, Team Building
Cons
Na
Great work experience
Assistant Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 19, 2018
Working for Lincoln Technical Institute was a great. I gained valuable experience and had wonderful mentors in management. However, when we switched to the regional management model some issues that arose that could have been prevented. We had consistent training, corporate support and meetings. Human Resources was available for any questions we had.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Regional Management Model
Lincoln College of Technology
Automotive Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work. Would go back in a heartbeat id asked. If you like to pass on knowledge this is the job to have. Very satisfying when you hear of former atudents doing great in the field
Pros
Seeing students doing great
Cons
Dealing with the politics of corperate schools9
Senior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2018
Lincoln Technical Institute was a good place to work. The hours were conducive to a family-work balance. The administration would listen to suggestions as well as complaints and would always keep you in the loop.
Pros
pay, hours
benefits
school is different
CNC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75052July 9, 2018
school is structured differently than industry. could use improvement on hiring process and employee training. not the best setup for data flow from one department to another. little oversight on training being received.
Pros
great perks
Cons
little guideance
its meh
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2018
good potential but the people running it are holding it back, most of the instructors are good but they are all leaving. work study jobs are convenient and easy but don't think about doing it for long
Great place to start entry level
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 26, 2018
Got my feet wet here. Basic training and learned what I needed and got my foot in the door elsewhere. I learned a lot from the staff here and would recommend it to anyone.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 20, 2018
NO thanks. I learned a lot working here but had to leave due to lack of promised pay increase. Management ran multiple offices and did not see the work that went in to the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Lincoln Group of Schools. Our community is ready to answer.