The Lincoln Group of Schools Employee Reviews

Satisfying place to work
IT DEPARTMENT CHAIR (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJJune 19, 2018
Lincoln does important work of changing students' lives. The environment can be fast-paced at time but fulfilling nonetheless. As a for-profit higher education company, Lincoln is a good place to work.
stressful
Admin Rep (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 30, 2018
This is my first time working @ a technical school I enjoy helping others get there careers started which is what I like most is helping people. The hours not my favorite.
The for-profit colleges are usually a scam
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 24, 2018
Be on the look out for schools like this. They overcharge the students, which is made up of things like board and room, yet it was a commuter college. They really charge the students high prices for books, higher than a not-for profit college. They are deceptive about accreditation, the type, and never fully inform the students about a.) their credits will not transfer, b.) they are paying an arm and a leg for a job that pays less than $30,000 a year. Crazy. They also prey on African American people who are trying to get out of their neighborhoods, get a GED, and a good job.
Pros
Pay is good.
Cons
Prey on African American and low income people.
Working at Lincoln Technical Institute
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 15, 2018
Working at Lincoln could be rewarding when you saw the students advance as they passed their certification exams, but could also be
stressful when you had a student(s) that did not succeed due to life choices or life circumstances. I enjoyed being able to build my knowledge and then being able to pass it on.
Pros
The reward of seeing someone finally reaching their goals & dreams
Cons
long hours to prepare for classes.
Lincoln College of Technology
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 7, 2018
I loved working for Lincoln, however they closed the Ohio Campus. I was an employee for almost 3 years and had many people that I still call my friend. It was a wonderful place to work.
Not good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2018
Just go else ware till things change. I have been with this company long enough to know that upper management changes like shoes, about every two years. This can be a great place to work, just not at this time.
school intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIApril 21, 2018
school was fun got to meet new people and make good tips. we will set up massage room and start taking clients for about 8 hours. it was fun and relaxing. I would suggest to anyone looking for a great massage school.
Pros
long lunches lots to learn
Cons
it was just school
Dead End Career Field
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 11, 2018
Proprietary Education is a dying market. With increased regulations, decreased staff and increased duties, it was almost impossible to get anything done on time.
Benefits
Cons
Lifespan of this industry being viable in the future
Free Services
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2018
The institute itself was good to work at, The Corporate office was Terrible. The corporate office was very cut throat and uncaring. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Very poor place to work
HVAC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 26, 2018
This place has the potential to be a good place to work. I returned after working 10 years in the field only to find that the starting pay was $1 less per hour than I previously made. No matter, I'm looking to relocate.
It was a great experience and I enjoyed my job.
Admissions Advisor / Career Services (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 25, 2018
It was a great experience and I enjoyed my job. Was very stressful at times. The best part of the job was meeting with new students and their families.
fun job - call center
call center agent (Current Employee) –  denver, coMarch 19, 2018
the call center runs 7 days a week and is customer service for 22 schools. It is very rewarding and Wendy/managers are fun to work for. Definitely recommend working for lincoln
Pros
team
Cons
shifts
Staff Accountant for four years unti promotion to Account Payable Supervisor
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for Lincoln Tech, the people and the work and learned a great deal. Was promoted to A/P Supervisor at the same time the Company went public and sold but not enough fund to pay the vendors which made it very stressful.
Rewarding and a great work culture.
FINANCIAL AID ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for Lincoln College of Technology in the Financial Aid department. Our team in financial aid was supportive of each other, and assisted with students or packaging if the assigned FA advisor was occupied. It was a nice place to work.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Financial Hardship of the college, which resulted in lay-offs.
Lincoln College of Technology
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaMarch 12, 2018
This was my first Admissions job straight out of college. I LOVED my first adult job. I was recruiter of the year my first 2 years at Lincoln Tech. The people I worked with were great. I was young and they helped me. I wouldn't be where I am today If it were not for Lincoln Tech.
Pros
hours, money at the time, location
benefits
unprofessional
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2018
This was a very hard place to work. Felt like I was being micromanaged all the time. The location was in a bad area and the students had a hard time getting there. The Rep would get blamed for everything.
Co Worker made it fun
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Working at Lincoln Tech was good helped students get enrollment into Medical Programs. Did report for Director Admissions and Campus President for enrollment of the schools monthly.
solid job, but just that, a job no advancement ever
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Worked 35 hours a week, off at 2;30 daily plenty of time off, union benefits laid back atmosphere. not a good future if you are interested in advancement, way behind on technical information
Pros
short hours
Cons
management has no experience in the fields that they are responsible for
Rewarding, friendly, work environment.
FACILITIES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Working for Lincoln has been a rewarding career. I have seen that teaching a trade to someone can enrich there life and put them on a path to be able to find work even during the down times.
It was fun we all enjoy helping student.
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Lincoln Tech was a great place to work for me because I really like to help out people.I was the first face you see when you walk in.I enjoy give people the information they was looking for.I always try to make some smile.
Pros
Free lunch.Love to meet new people.
Cons
I really enjoyed work with the people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Lincoln Group of Schools. Our community is ready to answer.