The LiRo Group Employee Reviews

Highly productive, learning environment
Chief Coatings Inspector (Current Employee) –  Marine Parkway BridgeJanuary 8, 2019
On a daily basis, cover our usual areas of work, and as needed cover other areas as required by the project and clients request.

Exposed to mechanical engineering , electrical work, steel repairs, concrete, asphalt, fire stand pipe and civil work.
Pros
Perks
No stress.
Senior Inspector Engineer in the CM Group (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYDecember 9, 2018
The whole group was like one family, very friendly environment. No harassment, we were always informed in advance when there is a critical decisions to take.
Great office environment
Sr. Residential Inspector - Utilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 7, 2018
Great office environment. Laid back atmosphere where workers are dedicate to getting the job done. Team spirit at its finest. Would definately recommend.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Great place to work.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time at LiRo. Professional people, great pay and benefits. Convenient office location. I only left because my life took a different direction.
Pros
People
Great Place to Land and Branch
OFFICE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 10, 2018
I was hired to become part of an office team that would manage the construction for a client. I was scheduled to work regular office hours and handled any and all paperwork that was needed. Opportunity for overtime as an inspector was very common.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Not too much growth
Not much room for growth
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Liro, but they advertise themselves as being very good at keeping people on staff between contracts. I did not find this to be the case.
No communication company runs in silos
Learning and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYApril 20, 2018
The company has little to no focus when it comes to employee development. Their senior management team is non visible. I worked there a year and never met one of them and they worked 30 feet from office. My VP offered no direction, support or involvement when it came to employee development and I worked in that department. Every initiative I presented (7 of them) was ignored and never brought to life. Glad it came to an end.
benefits
Cons
no communication, senior management non visible - clicks in depts -
Busy but good overall experience
Inspector / FEMA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Was a great company to work for. Lots of OJT. Was a pleasure working for them and advancing quickly if you take on the leadership role. Would recommend this company for any position
Pros
Able to work independently
Cons
Lay offs quick to happen
great company to work for
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYFebruary 24, 2018
the work-life balance can be better
work culture is great
no opportunity for advancement
2 weeks paid time off
401k is ok
good benifits
change is manager caused a lot of stress, still trying to impress him
work can be stressful at times
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  NYFebruary 23, 2018
I would recommend this company. There is room to grow. Networking is huge in this position. Once a part of Liro the do try to place you once a project ends.

Want to know more about The LiRo Group?

Ask a question
The work place is productive and many opportunities depending on the set of skills the project requires
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harbor, NYDecember 15, 2017
Depending on the department it is an easy commute and everything you need with get through the day and get the job done is provided. Management is fair and balanced. I learned working her that there are still so many opportunities for employment even in a down economy. After being returned from the field my job duties do not match the level of skills and education. The hardest part of the job is since returning from a field position as a Call Center Technical Advisor on the Super Storm Sandy project my salary reduced tremendously. It has taken 8 months to be placed on another project and returned to a salary to match my education, skillset and experience. The most enjoyable part is that LiRo is a good company to work for, not stressful.
LiRo
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYSeptember 26, 2017
The people at LiRo are knowledgeable and work hard. My current manager is on the verge of retirement and has not worked in construction management before and is struggling. I have learned a lot on how to manage a project and look forward to using this knowledge in my future. Overall a very good company but the pay is less than I feel I deserve based on the work I am currently doing.
Really Great Company
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2017
You'll fill like you're with family when you work with your coworkers in this company, work is not as stress full and people are always willing to help.
Pros
Lots of advantages
mangment
site safty manager (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYApril 19, 2017
Need to be more personable and responsive. HR fails to answer email/phone calls. There are a lot of VP's and not to many like to reach out and answer questions
Productive and fun place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day working for LiRo Group was morning meetings to discuss requirements for the day-
As a case manager I learned to monitor all applicant files assigned to me and to aid applicant's with issue they may encounter while repairing their homes.
Overall, the management was well informed to guide us to accomplish the task at hand for the day
The work environment was pleasant, encouraging and cheerful to help accomplish daily task.
The hardest part of the work day was waiting on the necessary assignments to help applicant's assigned to me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping those applicant's who were in need of help getting their home complete.
fun work place with hectic schedule.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  new york,nySeptember 20, 2015
good opportunity for growing up. hectic work schedule and good supporting staff. decent amount of red tape and politics but this is expected of a big company. the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Good people
Program Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
Good people to work with, interesting contract work. The employees are the best part of the job, hours tend to be long but thats the industry.
Better Consulting Engineering Firm
Resident Engineer (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYDecember 28, 2014
After 44 years of being an engineer, this is the second best consulting firm in my career. Their benefit package and attitude to employees is exceptional. Since I work in the field I don't have knowledge of their office procedures. I have very little interaction with management.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Haven't found one yet
Great employer, employee interaction.
Emergency Operations & Case Coordination Manager (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYOctober 21, 2014
Great atmosphere. Enjoyable work environment. Peer to peer interaction is stimulating and educational. Hands on training and guidance on all levels.
Great Company
Assistant Inspector/IT Tech (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2014
• Administrative Assistant tasks including front line communications; completing daily reports, files, logs; and assisting supervisors with daily tasks
• Inspecting physical site locations via photograph loggings and editing of works in progress
• Participate in maintaining fire safety and worker safety inspections as well as reporting unsafe conditions
• Installed software/hardware and troubleshoot user-based computer issues
• Overall responsibility for short/medium term planning and organization of all resources.
• Developing and managing interdisciplinary teams for multi-party projects.
• Participating in the sales process by identifying business development potential.
• Writing up reports on business operations for the executive staff.
• Attending regular progress meetings with Senior Managers and Directors.
• Creating a positive culture where the work can get done.
• Identifying and managing risks, issues and dependencies.
• When appropriate, provide operational cover for absent Senior Managers.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
short contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The LiRo Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5