The Little Clinic Employee Reviews

great place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 12, 2018
Always room for advancement. Everyone is treated fairly. Always room for growth and new learning experiences. Some clinics are a little more fast paced than others but the Little clinic team members are good about helping each other.
Pros
hours lunhes during the week, kroger discount
Love It
Advance Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 9, 2018
I absolutely love working here. The work environment is very laid back and hours are very flexible. The NPs are wonderful and very helpful. I can say this is the first job that I’ve had where I’m actually happy and not stressed. Benefits are good too. Overall great place to work.
Awful
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2018
The Memphis region is horrible to work for! Working here is only an “until I find another job” situation. During flu season it’s extremely busy and the patients are ridiculously rude!! Management doesn’t care how their PCT’s are treated as long as the patients flow in. PCT’s literally do EVERYTHING except assess patient and prescribe medications and the pay does not equate to the workload!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything and anything one could think of
Nurse Practitioner
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85029June 29, 2018
As an NP I really enjoyed at the little clinic. It works very well with family and work schedule. In my typical day , I may see patients above 12 months plus and the census may vary between 20 to 35 per 11 hrs day. This job give me an opportunity to work as an NP and also management skills, independent decision making opportunities for the clinic in the absence of the manager.
Awful place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 23, 2018
The management are bullies. You would think the high turnover would alert the NCDs. They play favorites, belittle employees. Don’t call in sick or they will threaten you. You must work with the flu, stomach viruses etc. The management is petty. They micromanage everyone. They gossip about NP’s. It is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. So glad I left! Good luck to anyone who becomes and NP here. Watch your back. The best advice I can give is run!
Benefits
Cons
MANAGEMENT is so unprofessional. Bullied if you call in sick.
A horrible place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 13, 2018
They lie to you about getting 40 hours a week. The pay is not enough in todays society. The NP's/Providers are not professional at all. Your working in a little section almost the size of a cubical.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 10, 2018
Everyone I worked with was extremely friendly and were happy to help me with any questions I had. When I first got hired, they had training courses I had to pass before I was able to work the front desk on my own. Not only were they very helpful, but if I had questions about the training, my coworkers were happy to answer them.
Patient care Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2018
your always busy patients waiting on you before you even set up there is a 2 person crew with long hours and every other weekend most patients are rude because there is always a wait time and they don't have time to wait around and for the pay and long hours and attitudes just not worth it to me
Medical Clinic
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 3, 2018
Going into this position I thought would be a good idea due to the small work setting. However I like to learn as I grow within a company and there was not any advancement for me to grow within my scope of practice.
Decent
FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 30, 2018
Ok NP position. Hours can be long and the clinic can be fast paced. More about retail than healthcare. If a milder form of urgent care is your thing, then Kroger Little Clinic can be a great place for you.
Pros
Great Benefits, No Call
Cons
Long shifts and every other weekend shifts

Want to know more about The Little Clinic?

Ask a question
The worse job I Have ever had ....
Nurse Practitioner Ohio (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH KentuckyApril 25, 2018
This job is very demanding and no matter what you do there is no appreciation. The RCDs are very sneaky and very unprofessional... they will make fake calls to try to catch you in anything they can ... they don’t care about your life outside of work ... it is a company that cares only about the money .. you are there to make them money and that is all you are worth to them. Taking time off is almost impossible. You might ask a year out but will only know the month of ur request if it is approved or not. They will have people come in and literally spy on you while you work. The turnover is crazy and don’t be surprised if you are left to run the front back and the entire clinic all alone ... u are actually expected to when the front desk don’t show up ... I have worked so many jobs .... this job is the only one that made me regret nursing in all !!! This company needs to reevaluate its self and hire people in upper management that can actually be there to support the staff rather than always threatning them to be fired. It’s TERRIBLE AND DISGUSTING to say the least ... !!
Benefits
Cons
Awful work life balance .. adds stress to stress changes constantly for the worse
Productive place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHApril 21, 2018
Positive atmosphere for clients needs to medical care at last minute

Good training for new staff

Needs to improve cultural diversity in staff training
Great place to work till
Information Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2018
Was a great place to work till Kroger purchased. Then all TLC employees rapidly swapped for Kroger. Horrible boss that listened to others not actual employee.
Thanks for calling The Little Clinic...
Advanced Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 19, 2018
For the most part, I enjoy my job. I enjoy it because of those I work with and those patients that are nice, understanding and/or friendly, even when they may feel terrible. If you're looking to move higher up in the company, stop, it rarely happens in the clinic. You can reach Advanced level in just a couple of months, then you get a small raise and that's it. Oh, don't expect to make a lot either, it won't happen unless you're here for years...and not even then for the experience you have.

In response to comments about RNs....Perhaps I've just had a great run with RNs, but I've worked with quite a few and have only ever had one rotten egg. The others have been very nice and helpful!

Management...Ok, so instead of getting someone who has a healthcare background to oversee the clinics, they got Kroger MGMT to do it, not a smart move. Healthcare is a totally different than retail!

The Little Clinic is only a "Career" for nurses, for PCTs it's only a job You can't really make a living doing. The rules change constantly, the hours you're allowed to do change constantly, customers can talk to you as they choose and you just have to take it, oh, and the Management changes constantly. If you can handle all that, you'll love it!
Pros
Three day weekends twice a month!!
Cons
Pay, upper MGMT, working any/all holidays except Xmas.
Don’t do it!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2018
Not the best place to work! My clinic manager is great but the RCD’s and upper management are terrible. This is one company that could care less about its employees and have no intentions on keeping employees long term. They honestly don’t want you to stay long term. They are all about numbers. They don’t care about employee safety or patient safety. Very poor management. Save yourself the headache and stress and go else where.
Pros
Cons
No sick days, no proper training, pay sucks!
Great atmosphere
Primary Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 5, 2018
Great health care in a quick paced environment. The clinic manager is amazing and one of the best Nurse Practitioners they have. I would definitely recommend this job to some one that wants to work long hours and have more days off a week.
Good starting point.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 4, 2018
This is a great company to help get your foot in the door when starting in the medical field (which is why I started here.) Not such a great company in regards to caring for employees and working us long nights. During flu seasons you may not go home till 9:30,10 o'clock. And then you have to get up the very next day at 8 am. It doesn't give you very much work life balance due to the flip flop schedule either.
Don't get me wrong, this can be a great company and I hope it does succeed cause there are a lot of great people here as well as most of my patients but it definitely needs a lot of TLC, no pun intended.
For me I sadly can't go anywhere else in this company and feel that a lot and I do mean A LOT of us deserve better then what we've been given.
They are always looking more towards filling their own pockets instead of looking out for us middle men. We are always the ones walked on and run over cause we're the ones that have to deal with the after effects of why this doesn't work, why they received a bill for this, why we don't accept that and on and on and on.........
Again this has the potential to be a great company, but it's gonna be years until they find their issues and find common ground between management and employees. I however will not be sticking around through that proccess.
Pros
Health Benefits, Pto
Cons
Long hours, Rude people, Management issues, Communitation
Good learning environment for new graduates
Regional Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2018
Busy at times but a overall a good learning environment for new graduates. Good work-life balance with having days off during the week to make appointments.
Pros
able to make appointments during the weeks
Cons
Late shifts during the weeks, weekend shifts
Poor Management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 5, 2018
They cheated me out of my job. They accused me of doing something I didn't do then fired me for it before I had a chance to explain. Over-worked, Under-paid Don't work there!!!!!
Pros
Good benefits!
Cons
Bad management!
Run far far away
Family Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked. No support. No leadership. All TLC cares about is money making and shows by high staff turnover. They hire new grads to be able to control them.
Pros
I don’t have anything positive
Cons
Everything about the place