The Little Clinic Employee Reviews

My experience at The Little Clinic
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 1, 2019
My day would start with opening the clinic. Cleaning all areas. counting the petty cash, counting inventory when it came to medications, Signing patients in and out, taking patients vital signs, assisting the Nurse Practioner when needed, recording medical records, and closing for the day. I learned how to keep up with a fast paced position. I also learned about medications and watched the NP care for the patients. The management was okay, there could have been more training. The atmosphere was friendly and a happy place to work. The hardest part of the job was calming down patients that were mad at the NP for not giving them the meds they thought they needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the patients get well and know that I assisted with their care.
Pros
Seeing patients get well
Cons
Management and leadership
Not much to say
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 31, 2019
Even though I stayed with this company an extended amount of time, I can't say it is the best place to work for. I enjoyed to people that I worked with and the patients that came into the clinic. The leadership within the company was not very caring.
Horrible
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 29, 2019
To many people wanting to be upper management telling each other what to do. Some of the upper management has no medical experience. They lie to employees and don't back up employees at all. To many different nurse practioners coming and going when clinic manager abondons her position. The over all environment is toxic and gossipy. They Definatly play favorites. It feels lije high school. Also they are not very selective with who they hire currently I won't be seen at a clinic because the front staff is lazy and unfriendly.
Cons
Management, and gossip
Decnt place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VA 23116March 22, 2019
It's a nice place to work for as both an NP and a PCT. Get to help take care of people. .Good Benefits Only thing Id mention is lack of seeing coworkers at other clinics if you aren't willing to help at other clinics.
Do not recommend
Nutrition Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 15, 2019
Very confusing job. You are on your feet all day interacting/trying to interact with customers. Most stores only have one tech and I was one of those unlucky ones. You have no manager to report to in the store and have no one to work with unless your store was one of the stores with a dietitian, which mine was not. Work days were very draining and standing all day long makes time pass very slow. The pay is good for what you do, but if you have to get money taken out of each paycheck to pay for training, it cancels it out and makes for a small paycheck. Aside from all the cons, it is cool seeing where Kroger Health is going and knowing I had something to do with it.
Pros
Benefits, high pay, being part of a big company
Cons
Training wasn’t free, long hours, always on feet, no one to work with, slow store
Blah
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYMarch 5, 2019
Will not recommend to anyone. if you dont suck up then you do not get anywhere with this company. They care nothing for their workers. They really need to take care of their PCT's. Thats why no one stays long.
Rotating Schedule
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2019
Rotating schedule is a major drawback. Very little advancement opportunities. Incredibly sales oriented, especially during flu shot season. Healthcare sells itself.. corporate expects you to do marketing for 3+ hours a day on a 12 hour shift. Clinical responsibilities prevent you from maintaining that balance, and management gets frustrated.
AWFUL place to work as a NP in the Nashville TN area
FNP (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2019
I never imagined the job would be so stressful and the high up management would be so unprofessional, ungrateful and unapproachable. i have worked in healthcare for 8 years - 4 years as a NP, and of all the jobs i have had - working as a NP for the little clinic has been hands down the worst. they care about the bottom line - not the patient or the provider or nurse aid.
Little Clinics When They Originally opened in Indianapolis
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46237January 1, 2019
I enjoyed working at 2 different Little Clinics but was informed in April 2010 that Kroger (who recently purchased them) chose to close all locations in the Indianapolis area and I would no longer have a position.
Cons
Closed all Clinics in Indianapolis in 2010
Kroger
Family Nurse Practitioner / Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 30, 2018
Kroger has great Benefits such as retirement, - health care coverage. Great salary. Kroger gives extra deals to associates who work for the company.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 14, 2018
Sitting at the desk waiting to check patients in. Your day can be super slow 10 in a half hour shift depending on if patients come or not. The pay is not good.
very good
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 9, 2018
I am now retired from The Little Clinic. Looking for career change. I am 53 years. Mentored students. Did inventory and chart review. Supervised patient care technician.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
too much call
Marketing
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southport, INNovember 13, 2018
Prepare to market! This is a huge company focus in Indiana. If you are not with a patient then you are suppose to be out on the floor marketing. There is no job advancement opportunities for PCT's.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No breaks, no career advancement for PCTs
I loved working for the Little Clinic
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2018
The Little Clinic was a great place kid friendly and management was willing to help out with any situation that they can. There was nothing hard about the job and I loved working for the Little Clinic
Pros
It was great place to work for
Cons
Didn't like the schedule lunches and breaks
Avoid this company is trash.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 25, 2018
Management is all about bottom lines nothing more. Hours and pay were great but the lack of communication was horrible. Its bad when you're boss tells you it takes a good 2 years to get the software down. Then on you're last day of probationary period tells you we were not getting it in time. Management seems to show no appreciation for doing several tasks at a time. My manager told me that the company doesn't do a great job advertising the job.
Pros
Free candy, Good Hours
Cons
Poor communication from managment.
Good place to start out
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Versailles, KYOctober 9, 2018
I do enjoy working at The Little Clinic. For the most part, it has a very laid back atmosphere and I love the NPs that I work with here. My main complaint is the scheduling. One week I work 4 days and the next week I'll work 3 and every other weekend. I would rather have set hours each day (M-F).
Pros
hour lunches, laid back atmosphere, good benefits
Cons
work hours, not consistent
Great for new grads
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
Overall a great first job as an NP. Pay was above average for new grads. Definitely supported by management. Didn’t like working every other weekend but the differential was decent.
Pros
Hires new grads
Cons
Work every other weekend. Hard with kids
Run the other way
Nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 7, 2018
Horrible and everything that’s been said by providers negative is true. No matter the location. Still the same.
Back biting, nepotism, cut throat, liars, bulliying.
Pros
Cons
Everything that’s been said by others negative.
loved this job
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2018
Like with any job, there are ups and downs, but with this job there were less downs than ups. I loved this job. I just wish they paid a little more for all that a PCT does for them.
Overall Great Place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 13, 2018
Great Staff in Clinics. I really enjoyed our Physicians Assistants. I traveled to many different Clinics and we had GREAT providers in all Clinics

Really enjoy working with the Public
Hardest part of job was each shift was open to close. Late lunch 2:30 each day
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
12 hour days