The Loft Outlet Employee Reviews

Great atmophere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 9, 2019
Awesome people to work with. Exciting to help customers look and feel great wearing Loft apparel. Great discounts and monthly planned outings with co workers.
Former Employee
Former Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 2, 2019
Overall it is like high school, including management. Mgmt does not care if something happens to you, you better get someone to cover your shift otherwise you're on their s*** list now. Mostly all of the girls are high school or first year college students, which is all well and good, but the drama and childish things that go on reflect their age. It is actually embarrassing at times. Pay sucks- no raises, you are overworked, and treated however mgmt feels to treat you that day. The clothing I love. The atmosphere- not so much. Just speaking honesty.
College Girl with a Poor Salary
Store Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GAJune 10, 2019
I asked my manager if I could possibly have a raise after countless praises from him and the other girls I work with. I asked because I was working too many hours to really be able to get my college work done, but I needed the money to make my bills. Crying hysterically about how I wish that I didn't have to look for another job because I loved working there, he told me to my face that he just couldn't do it and wouldn't even tell me why. I've tried numerous times for company advancement and still have gotten nowhere. It'll only be a matter of time before I leave for a better salary.
Great for inexperienced girls
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2019
The Loft is part of Ascena which is a failing company. Beware if you have worked retail this place surely does not understand how to treat employees. Yes, we need a 15 minute break within our shift. No I will not wear my walkie when I'm in the bathroom. Strange Stepford Wife culture there. No thanks!!
Pros
New merchandise
Cons
No breaks, Stepford wife mentality. Not healthy for an experienced retail associate.
Great company, awful management
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NHSeptember 1, 2018
Overall Ann inc is a great company to work for. However, when I applied I got hired right away (because of my expirence) and it was a new store opening. I was so excited to work there. I was also promised a lot of things. I worked there for a year exact and every month it just got worse and worse. Some people shouldn’t be store managers especially if they can’t even show up for work. (It was always about her, her outside life, and her boyfriend). I was very disappointed with how everything turned out. Store manager would always hype up the team about things coming up and it would sound awesome but it never happened
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Short breaks. Bad management.
Very unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 20, 2018
They talk about you like a dog and the manager is rude. The environment is very unprofessional and they don’t come to work just to work. They want to gossip all day.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Loft Outlet
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 16, 2018
Overall Loft Outlet is a good place to work.You can pick your own schedule. Pay is decent. Employee discounts are great.
Management is lacking in knowledge and respect. Complaints go unnoticed.
Pros
huge employee discount
Cons
lack of hours
Very high pace job
Co manager (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJuly 20, 2018
A very tough job. I am not able to freely make decisions without being told it's not done correctly. The discounts are not as good as the previous job that I've had. Schedules are not prepared enough in advance to plan for anything else.
Pros
Good clothing
Cons
Tough envieonment to work in
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJuly 19, 2018
Working here was fun. Liked the work space environment. Management was pretty decent, got decent hours too. You get to learn different things about your job.
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 18, 2018
Nice place to work for people looking for an extra job or students in high school. I learned a lot about retail and gained a lot of insight o customer service, sales, and floor work. The hardest part of the job was transportation being that it is located in the river walk, Mardi Gras makes it much harder.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
30 min lunch
Abysmal management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
Perhaps it was just a location issue but the management was awful. Falsifying overtime pay and was hardly ever at the store. In addition, the management hired afterwords (assistant manager) was equally as terrible and possibly the most unqualified for the position as she didn’t seem to know how to lead a team.
Fun Place To Work
Sales Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 6, 2018
Loft Has Taught Me Alot! The management are excellent at showing you how to be on your feet quick at all times This has shown me alot and to grow as a person for my future employment
Pros
Outgoing Store
Productive and Stylish
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJJune 12, 2018
Wonderful store, with great products that make it very easy to sell. Management was great with training and working with schedules. They offer health benefits.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
can get very disorganized quickly
Its the Outlets
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32821June 12, 2018
Management was good to me. I got $9/hr to start. PT hrs. Worked my way up to Key Holder and negotiated $11/hr. PT. No health benefits unless you are a Co-Manager or Store Manager. No paid time off or sick days. Outlets are open 7 days a wk including all holidays with the exception of Christmas. Good job as supplemental income. Easy work.
fast paced
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAJune 11, 2018
Productive very face paced. Pay is poor. Alway a worked holidays and weekend . Management really didn't take time needed to train properly. Costumers were great.
okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 7, 2018
managment tends to leave a mess for sales associates to take care of. Some of the team often does nothing to help when all is busy. overall its an okay job
I felt valued. Loved the merchandise.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAJune 6, 2018
Very fast paced and busy store, especially on the weekends. I learned a lot about looking for strength and weaknesses in employees and where to place them on the sales floor. I liked having competitions with each other to meet and exceed our daily goals. I was able to work at other stores when needed. Great place to learn visual merchandising and marketing. I had a lot of fun.
Pros
Great pay and career advancement.
Cons
Having to leave because I moved to far away.
Productive and fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIJune 1, 2018
Great place to work if you love working in customer service. Management is okay, you do not start out making very much here and the general manager decides your starting salary as well as your raises.
It was very out of order and stressful they needed a lot of new management to come in and take care of the company
Cashier sales associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2018
Needs teamwork a lot of it needs to be fair to the employees more hours would be helpful needed to be a lot more organized staff should be appreciated for how hard they work
Pros
Lunch we're not paid
Cons
Did not get health care
Fun and fast paced
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GAMay 23, 2018
Job loft is super easy but you have to also be willing to learn new things in a new environment. The people who you work with are always nice and the clientele always love when you remember their faces because you do have a lot of repeat customers.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Loft Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.