The Lutheran Home at Topton Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
good place to work at fun
Chef (Former Employee) –  1s home st topton pa 19562February 24, 2018
talking to the residents about their meal they had reporting to the head chef for assignments taking safety tests at the computer about company polices managing the workers
Pros
lunch short breaks
Cons
learning about company policeys
average job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Topton, PA 19562June 20, 2017
It is a beautiful facility located in a gorgeous campus of long-term care, assisted living and personal care, when I worked there they were starting to build smart homes. Management was just not that great. Staffing was good, turn over rate was low.
Pros
staffing levels
Cons
low level management wasnt the greatest
Productive and very on going work place!
personal assistant (Current Employee) –  Topton, PAJanuary 25, 2016
A Typical day at work consists of coming in at 3pm and setting up the dining room and then in between 3pm to 5pm you can get residents ready for bed time, as in give showers that are needed and assist all the residents and accomplish all there needs, once dinner is done you do an activity with them and then you start one by one getting them ready and into bed. I learned that not everyone can help there selves and its an amazing feeling knowing that you have such an impact on someone's life the way I do. Management is very good here, they are all pretty amazing people. Me and my co workers get along pretty well, we all no that team work is the best thing and we all work together and help each other out. I honestly think the hardest part of my job is the fact that you get so close to some of these residents and they do pass away because of old age and illnesses. The most enjoyable part of the job is just seeing the smiles on their faces and knowing that they might not have family that's still around but they consider you family.
Pros
makes you happy
Cons
Short breaks
Working and helping people at the same time is gratifying.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Topton, PAMay 5, 2015
I start by getting residents out of bed, showering and dressing, toileting, feeding, helping them throughout the day. I learned that whether or not residents can thank you, they are grateful for me. Co-workers make work much more enjoyable. hardest part is losing a resident, most enjoyable is creating great bonds with people.
Pros
making friends, creating bonds, helping people
Cons
losing residents, under staffed.
Good start to a nursing career
Nursing Assistant, GN, RN (Former Employee) –  Topton, PASeptember 13, 2013
This was a good place to learn a lot about basic care of patients.
Nursing home