The MacIntosh Company Employee Reviews

Never forget this is the company that let a patient rott to death.
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHApril 17, 2019
This company told me from day one , I need to be strong because staff have been here for years are, hard to work with, if your not liked you will be fired ,doesn't matter if you work hard and help. The management here carry there selves like a gang, you'll come to work so afraid if you will be on one of there hit list and they will take you down trust me. Your sign on bonus will not be paid out on time but when they can give it to you. The grovecity building ( patients rooms are so nasty and left that way). The wounds are out of control it's 15 or more in house open areas,none of the Macintosh company should ever past state survey. They are the biggest cover up nursing home company in all of the Columbus area.
Pros
Free ice
Cons
Manage are like a gang, over worked, poor patient care. Honestly everything is bad
Caring atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Park Care CenterFebruary 25, 2019
The residents come first in the MacIntosh company with the employees a close second. Management has both of these groups in mind when they make any decision. They know that both hiring and retaining the right people make better outcomes for the lives and families of the residents at the MacIntosh company.

Building relationships between everyone under our roof is critical to our success.
one of the worst places to work!
STNA (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 28, 2019
Where to begin... When I first started it was good. There were several really good STNA's. After a few months things went south. I was there a few years and our company went through multiple DON's. The residents were great. The company runs you off. They use you until they no longer need you. The pay sucks. Takes almost a year to get a raise you were due the year before. You are made to work with two STNA's for 100 residents. State has been in the building so many times and nothing ever improves. I didn't want to leave the company because I loved my residents dearly.

This company could have been a great place to work had they cared. They don't. Corporate definitely does not care. Instead of investing money into their current buildings or residents or employees they just build new buildings and the current buildings are left to fall apart.
Pros
Bonds you form with the residents and their families
Cons
Everything else about the company!
Short staffed constantly
Something health related (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 13, 2019
I enjoyed this place at first. Then as time progressed I grew to hate it. STNAs are constantly short staffed, sometimes they were even scheduled short. But when state is there, all of a sudden there’s tons of staff everywhere and even people who no longer work the floor are on the floor. Kitchen is a lot of the time short, and sometimes housekeeping too. A lot of the people who work there are nice. Takes forever to get a raise, even if you bring up your review to HR. I quit, and hadn’t received my paycheck in my account. So I called corporate twice and to my surprise they had mailed a physical check to me the day before payday. A day after payday comes around and guess what? Still no paycheck. It got bad enough to where I wanted to cry going there. Wouldn’t recommend. State gets called by residents and families all the time.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Poor management, short staffed
LPN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2018
I enjoy working here. No job is perfect but I have worked in a few nursing homes and this one has been the best. The people are nice and willing to help, the facility is clean and they pay well.
MacIntosh
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2018
Its a great company to work for if you are looking to work in a nursing home or assisted living or skilled nursing. They are great promoters to help staff advance within the company.
ok
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHApril 18, 2018
not the best not the worst could have been better staffed, overworked didnt know who was in charge half the time, if you did know who was in charge, very snobbish like they were better
Good people poorly managed
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2018
A very strictly professional company. Very strict rules without clear guidance on what the rules are. If you don't get enough hours, you're blamed for it. If you have too much to do, you're blamed for it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Professional environment pucker factor
great job until you decide to leave
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHNovember 19, 2017
I loved working for this company while I was here. I was offered a better job doing something I would enjoy more. when I left HR was absolutely horrible to me. I was actually disgusted at how I was treated when I left this company. no employer has never not wished me luck on my new journey & this place actually did the opposite for me. I always tell any person that asks me about working here the following: “I liked my job while i was there but don’t ever try to quit”
Great place
STNA (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 18, 2017
They recently have made changes with employees and management thing seem to being going in a great direction, plan to be with the company for awhile..
Pros
Hours are great, and residents are awesome.
Cons
Can be very busy but what job can't be.
About the same as other places
Not saying (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 24, 2014
Good for RN not LPN switch you around too much no consistent unit unless your a RN STNA issues constantly , no perks or bonus
Pros
I don't think there are any
Cons
stnas are bullies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The MacIntosh Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7