The Madison Square Garden Company Employee Reviews

great environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
very competitive place,it was great working for the world greatest arena but some of the other workers made it very hard to stay level headed and there was of fighting for hours. to work
Entertaining place to work.
Production Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
A typical day at the garden is very fast paced and entertaining. You must be fast on your feet and ready to improvise at any give moment. Aside from that it is a fun place to work at.
Pros
entertaining, fun, new experiences
Cons
fast paced, stressful, no room to advance
Great Place To Work
Elevator Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2018
I love it there. Great staff and never the same everyday. You walk in and are welcomed. You always know what your duties are upon entry. It is a safe place to work
operator
Guest Relations Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2018
i answer all guest questions and concerns.
i deal with pleasant and unpleasant guest.
i helped guest purchase tickets to events they want to attend.
i make sure every guest ends the call happy.
Management relied on the name
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
The only things really keeping people there were the teammates you worked alongside and the ability to be at the Garden during Knicks and Rangers games.

Communication between management and those they managed was abysmal. Even communication within management was terrible. They wasted money on trivial things and tried to incentivize employees with giftcards and other knick-knacks.

It was a bro-culture and often left the females in the office feeling left out.
seen a lot of shows
Engineer/Steam fitter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2018
get the building ready for the event i learned all the ins and outs of MSG management was good very nice crew i worked we all got a long well got to see a lot of shows
To enhance my professional skills in a dynamic and stable workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  NY, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Great Management Team! Great Location! Potential for growth! You deal with people from various backgrounds and walks of life. I enjoyed coming to work everyday!
The most enjoyable part of the job
Acting Manager of Event Production (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2018
Hello,

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be part of history in the making, each and every day. Truly a remarkable experience and one that I wouldn't trade for the world.
Loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2018
Seen and met most of the celebrities good pay and benefits and fun people to work with ! Was a busy place all the time only temporary on call whenever they had events !
Working At MSG
Standard Cook/Prep Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2018
The morning would start with prepping the food for the guest before they attend a game or Concert. Serving the guest that attended that evening. I also prepared and cooked for the players, that consisted of the Knicks and Rangers.
Pros
Learned different food techniques. After each venue we were allowed to dine on some excellent food.
Cons
The co-workers did not want people to work at their stations.
Fast paced
Concessions Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2018
The management was inconsistent. They seemed inexperienced, and uninterested in the job which reflected off most workers there. I've witnessed customers curse out management many times over their nasty attitudes.
Pros
The customers, environment
Cons
Staff
entertaining and fun
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
I learned how to multitask and work in a fast pasted environment how to use and account for my register and also to prep the meals and drinks for the food courts
Pros
i learned a lot and saw celeberties
Ive learned so much
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10001February 1, 2018
I love the experince I received in the job and continue to succeed in the workplace. Nothing but good workers and good people. Ive learned so much in the past two years being in that work place. Starting off with my ability to multi-task. Im at a faster pace of doing things with quality and quantity. Ive learn to built relationships with customers along the way of being apart of this job. I enjoy every part of what ive been able to bring to my job.The best most enjoyable part of my job is making sure my customers are safe and enjoying their experience at the garden. As long as they are happy with their experience while that is me taking care of their orders or enjoying the show. I hope to be of assistance in anway i can.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
minimum hours
Keeps you going
Club Seat Runner (Current Employee) –  Concourse Village, NYJanuary 25, 2018
I love working in the sporting environment. To be working at Madison Square Garden is an honor. The only thing that I really hate is the wages and the fact that the people who take orders get 90% of the tips because the guests do not know that tips are not split. It's a cut-throat environment. That is the reason a lot of seat runners do not stay. You have runners who barely scrap $10 - $15. One night I made $4 in tips and I heard one order taker say "I only made $93 tonight". That is not fair. I can't see myself staying there next season. Other than that it's a great atmosphere and any sports fanatic will love and be thrilled to be there.
Pros
Your at Madison Square Garden
Poor management
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Was there for 5 seasons and sous chef are cool but some are liars and dont even help you with work they give you a paper and say get it done the pay is ok depending on your experience MSG is a great place to work except the kitchen department & concessions stay out the culinary area in MSG excutive chef hasn’t help anyone or interact with staff job title doesnt matter if you work in the kitchen or suites kitchen
Pros
Discount on shows and merch 30% off
friendly and helpful coworkers
Cashier/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
you basically train yourself but your team members are very helpful and go step by step with you. The environment is welcoming, some guests are rude but most are pretty friendly tourists.
summer intern
Summer Student Associate - VIP Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2018
I only worked one summer as an intern. The organizational culture seemed quite corporate. For my particular department the work was busy and could get stressful.
Extremely Unprofessional
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
The merchandise management is horrible. They tend to lie a lot, so be careful. Be on time and stay to yourself because they also do talk a lot, so do not get too comfortable with your managers and supervisors.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Short breaks
Fun workplace
Business/Game Day Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
its a fun place to work and overall enjoyable experience. company is currently going through changes with management and opportunity to grow was sufficiently decreased.
Its a nice and fun place to work
Merchandise Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 26, 2017
Its a game its fun to work. Its very quick place cause Knick and Ranger games are played there. Managers are very cool and laid back as long as your on time and working.
Pros
Free lunch and discounts
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Madison Square Garden Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Madison Square Garden Company Reviews by Location