The Madison Square Garden Company
71Above average

The Madison Square Garden Company Employee Reviews

United States516 reviews
Very interesting and wise people to learn from on a daily basis. Some of the best in the sports and entertainment industry work at MSG. If you can get in, I highly suggest working here. Great connections and opportunities for if/when it's time for the next job.
Pros
Connections, learning, around sports and entertainment
Cons
Demands excellence at all times
Well known company well known sports and entertainment coworkers get along with each other managers always look out for their employer sense of fitting in everyone cares about each other
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
it is a fast-paced environment. Very understanding co-worker. Often time slows depending on the event. Get to know regulars guests in various of sports or concerts.
Working the events part-time was a great choice for almost 23 years. It was flexible and fulfilling. I recommend it to everyone as a 2nd job that can put food on your table.
Pros
Great atmosphere and people
Cons
Pay can be higher.
a typical day at work at the garden is smooth its straight, its fun and a high level of respect for there workers in the space that we all work in i would recommend to others.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It is the best place I have worked and easiest security job I ever did in my life.Everyone the supervisors are great nice clean smoke free work environment.
I loved working at MSG. There are rules which is fine for money management but I wasn't represented correctly by my Shop Steward which cost me my job.
Never felt I belonged - like I never existed. People pretty much just clocked in and out everyday - no interaction - no opportunities to get to know people, to keep in touch - no sincerity!
Pros
Job paid well
Cons
Bad corporate culture
If I had the time and chance again I will definitely work there again.Wonderful experience and great people to meet. It was great and it felt as if I was apart of a family everyone was somewhat nice but very very professional and about their business.
As a part-time employee, I got to learn lots of new things in the sports industry. The team in which I was working was wonderful and they supported me and mentored me to develop my skills.
A dynamic wonderful place to be and work. It is the world's most famous arena.
People are happy, helpful, hard working and diligent. I can not wait to be back there.
Everyone is always stressed and it's a really fast-paced environment, but leadership is incredibly helpful to student associates. Lots of cool events to attend and lots of people to meet. There's a huge emphasis on networking, and leadership does everything they can to help you meet people. Great place to learn!
Experiences at the Company vary vastly depending on your segment, department, and position. Overall, employees have the opportunity to connect with great people and create life long relationships.
Long hours with a poor work-life balance
Exciting atmosphere during big events

Compensation is above average

Good benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k plan
Very fun place to work but not really good if you have small children and not much support it’s basically a night job .. very fun though loved the experience.
My job was eliminated after only 9 months as was most of the Sr. Admins but it was really fun working there for the 9 months. I worked for the controller who was a great guy. The assistant controller was not so nice and I would have liked the job much more if she wasn't involved in the day to day activity. It was apparent that she hated her job and voiced that sentiment daily.
Working with Madison Square Garden was my wish come true, I wish I'm able to go back another season. Having communication with customers is an amazing thing in this job like in every other job.
The management does not care about you.

I advise you to make the probation period before feeling comfortable with telling them your problems. The probation period is 90 days.
Hard it there . Everybody sucks
The job was terrible and unorganized

The managers don’t care about school plus the pay was HORRIBLE ! Only thing nice was you can watch the games
MSG is an exciting place to work with all kinds of events to organize at the World's Most Famous Arena. Working hours extend past normal office hours as this is a 24/7 business.
( basketball ) Typically work night work consistent of clocking in at 11pm waiting for the event to be over , for some event bleed over past the initial clock In time. Then you get your assign section and head up to it and start cleaning and doing any other cleaning objectives
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Madison Square Garden Company. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Madison Square Garden Company.