The Madison Square Garden Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun work place
Restroom Attendant/custodian (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
I enjoy working there because there is no pressure You go to do a job.I have met alot of nice people I have also learned alot there Working at MSG has been good
Poor Management - No Perks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2018
Unfortunately, this is a cut throat organization. They only look out for the high-level executives....and even they have to watch their backs.

Their promise of openness, respect and trust isn't true. That's just to make you THINK it's what they promote. Work here to gather some experience on your resume, but do not expect to stay.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Poor upper level management
Easy job to keep
Food Cashier and Prep (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
MSG is a job that you have to intentionally get fired for. For the most part, one can keep the job for as long as they like. Staff is always short because people are always quitting. Managers are hypocrites and enforce rules when they want, but doesn't apply for themselves. Co-workers and other employees are friendly, but lot's of gossip.
Runner
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
The hourly rate is 9ish, which not really good and it as a runner you will be working during events only must of what you make is by tip which must likely will earn 20 like dallars as the top tier but I would say is a good side job but to be your only job. Hmm not a good idea
Pros
In the long run there is good benefits
Cons
Not sustantial pay for living
Great
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
Loved working there and I miss working there. I wish the location I had worked was year around though. The Madison Club, the Delta Club or the suite's were the place to be.
Made a lot of good friends Throughout the years
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
I learned a lot and Showed lot of people how to do things and maintain my job throughout the years
I got to meet a lot of celebrities And basketball player
I’m glad I had that experience in my life
Pros
Get to meet all types of people
Cons
Work is very hard
Excellent Company
2nd Assistant Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 8, 2018
Excellent Company to work for. I have worked there for 5 years and never liked a job more. The work place was clean and the staff is friendly and efficient. The customers are generally very nice and easy to work with. My duties include selling tickets, dealing with will call, balancing all monies collected and interacting with management.
Ok
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
Okay job just some horrible managers. Typical 6 plus hour shifts. Your call time is way ahead of opening hours so you cant be late. Well organized just some people in charge don't always make the right decisions.
Fun Environment
Staff Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  NYJune 20, 2018
Fun Environment to work at. A lot of work but it can be rewarding at times. You need to be able to think quick on your feet and be able to roll with the punches
Very fast paced
FOOD SERVER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 14, 2018
The days were really short, on average 5-6 hours. We didn't really have much work in the Summer time due to the knicks and rangers season being over. There wasn't really a hard part of the job, most customers were really happy to see there favorite team play. Management was awesome, they were easy to get along with and helped me learn a lot of extra management work.
Pros
Summer time off to spend time with family.
Cons
Less pay from unemployment.
Productive, fast paced, great atmosphere, competitive, sports based
Merchandise/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time at the garden. Good place to work in. It has its high moments and low moments but its an good job definitely for young adults starting off in the work field and trying to figure out their careers.
It was an interesting job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2018
It was nice. They are very strict. If you are paying to be apart of the Union make sure they help you because they didn’t help me .. But overall a good job.
Great experience and Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2018
Working at Madison Square Garden is the best job I’ve ever had. Don’t plan on leaving any time soon. I’ll recommend anyone to apply if you love sports and concerts MSG is the way to go.
Overnight very laid back but can be intense
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2018
Overall job was good, pay was good, hours was a problem. It was an event base job. No raises it was overnight 11-7 summer no heat or water, very disappointed at how the company of so much history and how they treated employees and the amount of days we would receive.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Days, discount, summertime, water, Ac
Stagehand Review
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
I currently work in theaters related to this company. Long hours but a lot of pay. Job placement is usually reflected on what you know and who you know. Specializations such as rigger, electrician, welder, carpenter, etc. help you find a job in this business, but nothing is guaranteed. one month, you can make 5k and the next 2-3 months, you can make only 1k so be prepared to know how to manage money. If you're in a theater, be expected to work from 8am-midnight and beyond.
Short Spurts
Cashier and Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
If your commute to this job is more than one hour than it's not worth it. You work 3-4 hours a day unless you work theater shows as well. If you can physically see the event while working it's a plus.
Pros
Free tickets and merchandise
Cons
Short work hours
Working abilities
Assist Supervisor Stock Inventory (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 21, 2018
Excellent staff and wonderful managers great job. Will try to work there again. Being in the stock room and helping out tony was great. We have great conversations and good connections.
Great Experience
Marketing Partnerships Student Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2018
I interned with MSG in the Fall of 2017. The Marketing Partnerships department was very collaborative and inclusive of every team. There was always work to be done and the culture was amazing.
Points, favortism,
Merchandise Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Good place to work, and network and make connections. 12 points system, dont be tardy. just come on time, do your job, be courteous to guest, you'll be just fine.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
No comment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 16, 2018
It's a fun job . The guest are great I like meeting new people. You just can't make it a career there's no benefits . Not enough hours or days to get a stable check .
Pros
They do provide u with lunch at the cafeteria. Meeting new people and celebrities
Cons
No sick pay no vacation pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Madison Square Garden Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight