The Maids
Happiness rating is 54 out of 100

The Maids Employee Reviews

United States391 reviews

Somwhat productive was suppose to be team work but wasn't and there was some unprofessionalism there

Being a maid we detail cleaned companies and homes such as kitchens and bathrooms and bedrooms entry ways with cleaning products we dusted for cob webs and dust an we also vacuumed couches chairs and floors.

Isn’t worth the low pay

understaffed, working at a low pay rate compared to other maid gigs. not worth it. 3 people teams cleaning 6-8+ houses some days. managers will always favorite the workers that have been there longer than you, even if those people are rude and start unnecessary drama.

The Maids insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

I love having my weekends off and if I need a day off during the week. They are really understanding.

The Maids provides breakfast for us every morning. They celebrate Birthdays, anniversaries and special moments but most importantly they listen to you. We are a team and we care about each other. I have learned that we are all different but we have to treat each other with respect. The job is physical but the time goes by fast. My experience with the customers have been positive and at the end of the day you have made someone smile.

Pros

The free breakfast is good I don't have to drive my own car I don't work on weekends

Cons

you don't know the exact time you will finish

Fun workplace with free breakfast

The management and owners are the BEST! I enjoy the different personalities that each person has. There is never a dull moment. Good people to work for.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Short lunch breaks

Caring environment & understanding management

The culture created in the office is second to none! Free breakfast, fun and engaging activities, thorough training. Family owned and operated so they understand the meaning of family and grant time off when necessary. No nights or weekends is a big plus.

No nights no weekends/family atmosphere

Great work environment with a family feel, great hours for a working mom. This company provides breakfast every day which I love because I am always so busy in the mornings! The benefits are great and I love the no nights no weekends so I can spend time with my family.

No Night and No Weekends

I have worked here for over 15 plus years. The job is very physical, but worth it to be home with family and friends nights, weekends, and holidays.It makes me feel good about myself that I am helping people that are in need.

Great place to work with AWESOME coworkers!

The Maids is a great place to work! All equipment and transportation are provided with paid drive time as well. The office culture is great and the managers really care about each employee! Would recommend to someone looking for a job with NO nights or weekends!! Family friendly.

Pros

Good atmosphere, free breakfast, management staff that really cares about their staff!

Long Hours and low pay

Lied to in the interview , said maids get off work at 5 and we would still be in a costumer home at 6-7. They can't keep employees. Costumers would talk bad to the maids and the office would still make the maids clean the house . no respect.Made to feel like less then others, just because we cleaned. Management would lied saying no teams were back and sent a team to clean a house that wasn't on their schedule. saying there was no one else back to clean it, but we would know because of carpooling. Would make the employees fold the cleaning towels and not pay them for it. once every few months they would give a $25 gift card for folding but we folded towels for hrs.Getting time off was not going to happen. when you were sick the management would say i came to work so can you. but the management stayed in the office and not manual labor. team leaders smoked in the cars short brakes and short lunch if you get a lunchoh and they said you get free breakfast and all you got you a granola bar.

Pros

you have a job

Cons

everything. low pay, long hours, short breaks and they lie.

Flexible work hours, great management team.

The work is challenging at times and so are clients. You don't have much in terms of upward mobility. Management stays out of the way once you are up and running.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Upward mobility limited.

Don’t work here! It’s not worth it

Do not work here! Please do not waste your time. It’s not worth it. Management is a joke and she is very unprofessional. There is a lot of Favoritism. Company makes you work long hours, Sometimes out until 7 or 8 PM every night. You have no life outside of work and forget about spending time with family. This place is a joke, Save yourself the hassle and don’t work here. If you aren’t in the “Click” with management then honestly you have no chance here. Some employees get treated better then others. A lot of gossip goes on here. Management talks about employees behind their back’s. Spreads other people business to everyone, Not ok!!! They will just hire anyone from off the street, They don’t run background checks on people, nothing! That’s not safe. Somehow they never stay after being hired and quit after a few days. Crazy!!! . Other employees wanna be in your business, Always wanting to listen to stuff you say. I wish i could give this place negative stars. It’s like a high school setting not a professional work place. It’s a terrible place to work. It’s also not a safe workplace. If you do decide to work in this terrible place I wish you the best of luck because honestly you are gonna need it

Pros

There is none!

Cons

Short lunch breaks, No breakfast offers in the morning, Company works you like a dog with extremely long hours

Definitely more laid back job, but not worth the pay.

The only good thing about this job is the fact that you get to drive around all day, going from home to home, basically just cleaning. You get to to see and be inside of some beautiful homes, which can be very inspiring. The cons of this job is your hours fluctuate every week so your paycheck is never the same, $14 is not nearly enough for the back breaking work we had to put in, and it’s almost always mostly women so you have to deal with that all day.

Pros

Get to drive around all day and see beautiful homes, pick up on professional cleaning skills, PTO automatically start accruing and can be used immediately.

Cons

Hours get cut a lot so your paycheck is never the same each week, pay isn’t worth it.

Fun job but could be exhausting

For the most part, my co-workers were great. Of course you had the occasional one who was just so-so.Loved not having a boss looking over my shoulder all day. The time flew by because we were constantly busy.Exhausting work at the end because we were so short handed.

Fun place to work, management sucked

It's a fun place to work but management SUCKED. Running a team, training new employees and getting all the houses done was stressful.. Walking into work never knowing if everyone showed up, who called off, how many houses were on the list without the proper team mates. But the best part? The clients!

Not a good place. Don’t work here!!!!

Do not work here! Favoritism at it’s finest. Company makes you work long hours, Sometimes out until 7 or 8 PM every night. This place is a joke, Save yourself the hassle and don’t work here. If you aren’t in the “Click” with management then honestly you have no chance here. Some employees get treated better then others. A lot of gossip goes on here. Management talks about employees behind their back’s. Spreads other people business to everyone, Not ok!!! They will just hire anyone from off the street, Somehow they never stay after being hired and quit after a few days. Crazy!!! . Other employees wanna be in your business, Always wanting to listen to stuff you say and people just don’t know how to mind their own business here. I wish i could give this place negative stars. Again do not work here because it’s not worth it , it’s like a high school setting not a professional work place

Pros

There is none!

Fun workplace, free breakfast every morning. Company vehicle. Paid training

I like working for The Maids. We have free breakfast every morning. Amazing co workers, customers and Management. You get paid for training. We have company vehicles that the Team leader or Assistant will drive. Management is always giving gifts for Holidays, Valentines Day, Christmas, New Years. We have a safety meeting and or cleaning tip once a week.

Pros

Free breakfast, insurance, 401k, nights and weekends off

Cons

Not knowing what time we will get off

Los dueños no son tan comprensivo como quieren aparentar.

Si tienes algún inconveniente con las compañeras abusivas, ellos se ponen de partes de la empleadas viejas aunque saben que todo el mundo renuncia por culpa de ellas

Pros

Ninguno

Cons

Si te gusta trabajar limpiando está muy bien, pero te explotan y las compañeras son muy abusivas.

Horrible place to work

This is a job for some one in school that’s needs a little money. The hours you work are horrible an you have to do to much for little to no money an the co workers are LAZY AF!

Waste of time..

I worked for the maids 5 months ago. They don't train well, they don't treat their employees well they are really high maintenance and they treat their employees horrible

Pros

Tips

Cons

Treated poorly

Official response from The Maids

November 1, 2021
Each The Maids franchise location is independently owned and operated. As an employee of the local franchisee, we’re sorry to hear your experience was not positive. The Maids’ franchisees take great pride in providing welcoming, inclusive work environments where employees have opportunities for advancement.

Fun coworkers and active workplace

Overall it was a very active job and coworkers made it fun an tolerable. Very low pay for the amount of work!!!! Also management at the time was horrible! She entitled to talk bad about her employees work, like if she could do better!!! I’m not sure if they changed management that was honestly the worst part when I was there

Please do not work here

Work is way to hard that you want to do nothing when you get home. Boss and manager and not really nice either. Lies will be said Cheap supplies Really dirty and disorganized office and bad and not safe cars.Very stressful work Warning will seem good at first

Pros

30 mins lunch if lucky

Cons

Lies

Official response from The Maids

October 11, 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare The Maids with

• The Maids
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?