The Maids

The Maids Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Cleaner28 reviews
United States28 reviews

Typical

Its your typical cleaning job. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. You work in teams of 3 or 4, and you will get either 4 or 5 houses a day. You'll never get a raise unless you go up and ask for one, then you still might not get it.

Pros

Nice co-workers, nice customers

Cons

20 minute lunch break, sneaky managment, low pay.

Fun workplace, free breakfast every morning. Company vehicle. Paid training

I like working for The Maids. We have free breakfast every morning. Amazing co workers, customers and Management. You get paid for training. We have company vehicles that the Team leader or Assistant will drive. Management is always giving gifts for Holidays, Valentines Day, Christmas, New Years. We have a safety meeting and or cleaning tip once a week.

Pros

Free breakfast, insurance, 401k, nights and weekends off

Cons

Not knowing what time we will get off

The Maids insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Not a good experience for me.

1- favoritism with hand picked teams2- hours isn’t guaranteed meaning (400-500) a week isn’t guaranteed (I worked a full 2 weeks & received a 500 check)3- the work in the homes isn’t hard it’s mainly management that pick & chooses when to put you on the clock and pick & chooses who opinion matters. Very unfair treatment!

Pros

You may receive a tip here & there from the customers

Cons

Management very unreasonable and unprofessional.

Its a great family owned company w a small work force that is like family.

I loved it because I like to clean somedays are hard somedays weren't. I loved it but had to leave it due to moving and no vehicle. I strongly recommend this job to anyone looking for weekday shifts. And that can work hard all day.

Pros

Days only and no weekend

Cons

The dirty dirty houses

Not the best

Have to be there 3 years to be paid for holidays and 5 years for sick leave. You get a weeks vacation after a year but it’s only for 35 hours. The coworkers were nice. The hours are always random one week you can work overtime but the next week only 20 hours. The insurance is kinda expensive.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits, hours inconsistent

Good place to work.

Good place to work if you looking for something small. One of the reasons why I left was because I was told that I was getting paid $10/hr when on my pay stubs I was getting $9/hr.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Manager lies.

Worst place I've worked in my life!

Everyone is so worried about how your cleaning.It was impossible to just go in and do your job without someone on your back constantly.Since COVID-19 the team is suppose to disinfect the cleaning buckets in between houses.Not once did they do it cus it takes to much time.They use the same color towels to clean kitchen&bathroom w out using bleach to wash them.the towels sink like urine.

Pay and staff

Too much work for too little pay. Schedule gets changed at the last minute everyday. They play favoritism with employees. Too much time wasted when managmentshows up on job site

The maid

Work at maid is kind of hard cause we gotta clean properly and make sure we don’t damage anything inside the house. Sometimes We have long drive to get the houses

Great experience

While working at the maids I learned a lot from every worker learned new techniques of cleaning and making a messy house ending up looking like a new home and customers will always be satisfied by the cleaning company.

Decent work but very bad manager.

The company showed great promise, but the management tainted everything. Management manipulated workers, asserted her authority in the smallest most controlling way possible, and put way too much pressure on good workers. She lied to workers to get them to do what she wanted. She talked behind workers backs to other staff. She lied to customers to please or impress them. She lied to potential hires to get them to accept the job, and when they realized it's not what they thought they just stopped showing up. Many workers started the job without being told they are not going to be paid for their travel time, IN A COMPANY VEHICLE, to the first clean AND from the last clean. Many days some workers ended up not getting paid for an entire hour or two, because the first and/or last clean were so far away. Workers are never guaranteed to be off on time, because she can and would add more cleans onto the schedule at any point. Several times workers got out of their last clean and she called to say one or two more cleans have been added. She made teams do things against company procedures to please customers. She made workers do dishes, even though training videos said no dishes. She let customers make workers clean outside porches, entryways, and furniture from leaves and other outside debri. She would make workers move dressers, beds, and recliners at customers request, even though training says not to. Company says no handling of bodily fluids, but she would make workers clean up dog urine and feces, cat vomit, she even made a worker remove feces from a toilet when it wouldn't -

Cleaner

It was alright but didnt have the pay nor time off. If you called in and asked for a sick day the immediate response is no. The manager didnt care about his employees well being.

Lack of hours

You have no clue what you will be working every week. You get a call thw day before for if you are working or not. Then you could only work 2 or 3 days aweek. Vary hard work and your body hurts every day. You dont get paid well for the kind of work you have to do. Plus you have to clean the kitchen and bathrooms on your hands and knees

Typical work day you go in get your job duties go out and clean ounces

You get when you sign in sometimes you have a little meeting did you get your paperwork go out getting your work hard you go clean houses and if anything happens while you're out in the field you can call the boss he'll come and help you or bring you whatever it is that you need

Long hours and low pay

Low pay, not much opportunity for advancement. Long hours. No pay raises or benefits. Good place to work if you like to clean all day and evening. Need more incentives to stay on job there is a high turn over in employees.

Not happy nor recommended

Not good I did like the way the is managed this plaaced is very bad to work every person thast what they want to much work for only one person to many conflicts always I complain

Pros

There Are not professional

Cons

Not good management

horrible management and stuck up co-workers

I got hired back in October and I was suppose to be trained for two weeks, didn't even get there and they put me on a list that wasn't even a list I was going to work or not and than I got called into the office and they just let me go right there. I wasted my time and gas for nothing and the girls were all stuck up and thought they were better than you at what they did and how they cleaned. You would have 60 minutes in large mansions or houses that were really dirty and if you didn't do it to there standard they would come back and say, ''No'', your doing it wrong. Even when you thought you were doing well. The girls that spoke little English thought they were better than you and always trying to correct you, same as management! I even left my other job for this for the hours and a dollar less. totally waste of my two weeks!!! If I could grade this place to ''0'' I WOULD! The worst experience ever!! some of the team members complain when you want them to stop for lunch and or break! They also wanted you to get on your hands and knees and clean the floors with cloths, even in larger houses. They had mops but we couldn't use them! I'm actually happy I'm not their anymore!

Cons

No breaks

fast pace

clean 6 to 8 homes a day, hard work detailed. Paid drive time. sometimes tips received, bonuses. Friendly customers. Great employes to work with. Friendly staff

Pros

paid drive time

Cons

drama

hours vary

If it wasn't for the hours not being reliable, this would be a perfect job. The staff is awesome, boss' are awesome, and the pay is decent for starting pay.

maids

Very beautiful houses to clean. Throughly deep cleaning these homes gives off a sensual spirit throughout yourself. about 4 to 5 houses a day to clean top to bottom.

Fun and Safe workplace

Everyday day I wake up and getting ready to go to work with great smiles on my face , becouse I know that right attitude will lead to a Awesome job performance each day at workplace. My work environment is so family oriented, fun and very safe place to work. Learned to be a team player, dedicated management team, Everybody is helpful to each others, what make my day went well, is when customers are happy.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

pay rates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare The Maids with

Career recommendations for Cleaner

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • The Maids