The Maids
Happiness rating is 54 out of 100

The Maids Employee Reviews for House Cleaner

House Cleaner25 reviews
United States25 reviews

Fun place to work, management sucked

It's a fun place to work but management SUCKED. Running a team, training new employees and getting all the houses done was stressful.. Walking into work never knowing if everyone showed up, who called off, how many houses were on the list without the proper team mates. But the best part? The clients!

Isn’t worth the low pay

understaffed, working at a low pay rate compared to other maid gigs. not worth it. 3 people teams cleaning 6-8+ houses some days. managers will always favorite the workers that have been there longer than you, even if those people are rude and start unnecessary drama.

The Maids insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Only good for people with OCD

Hardest part of the job is the 22 step cleaning rules they have. Some make sense but other just make your job harder to do. It's no help if you have a supervisor who is picky either and is always picking at your work.

Pros

weekends off, flexible schedule

Cons

insufficient training, old equipment, no human resources, no way for employees to contact any type of headquarters

Unsatisfactory

Typical house cleaning job. Completed work that was not compatible with hourly pay. No benefits. No set weekly schedule, show up at 7 and worked till last house was complete for the day.

Theres click with management. If your not in it. You dont have a shot.

Management bullies the workers.. and lies to the customers.. customers quit because of the I was a qc.. never missed time. Jessica. Would harass me every morning walked through door.

Cleaning

Typical work day - some days okay but some days stressful . Employees call in a lot . Managers are very nice . Most enjoyable some customers will offer water turn on the AC When it is very hot .

Low pay, no benefits

Low pay, no benefits. Everyday can be a little hectic. Days can be long with too short of breaks. Co-workers are great but management not so much. Overall exhausting, no time do anything. No weekends though!

Ok. Everithing. Is good. Only. Low paid. .and biweekly. ....but. the job. it's in a team. All perfect. every morning they offer us breakfast free...before starting work. Also has the daily pay service that helps us. pay any bill. before the day of payment.

Way too much work and not enough pay

We clean mostly residential homes and some commercial businesses the problem I had with it is you could be there for 10 hours but only get paid for 7 hours because they didn't pay you for travel time from the office to the first location that you clean. So a lot of the time you didn't get paid like if you guys stopped at the gas station to get something to drink in between locations they would take that time off they would have you come in at 6 a.m. and then sometimes because you're waiting on other people who was running late to come in at 8 a.m. you did not get paid for those two hours you had to sit there and wait for others to come in so long story short they took off a lot of time even though you were under their Authority for the whole time I feel like I should have got paid from the time I stepped in that office to the time I left that office in the evening.

Pros

Cons

You don't get paid for half the time you're on the clock

Paid hourly, with provided transportation and supplies. Work in groups of 3-4. Manager made it known who her favorites were

Current manager had her favorites and everyone knew, she’d applause her favorite yet wouldn’t even acknowledge those who were going back and doing those teams RE-CLEAN’S!!! Everyone would have their paychecks messed up and missing hours, come to find out along with not always paying for your drive time regardless if you’re stuck in traffic. Manager would force you to work with those who you’ve had issues with, and I do believe it was to push some of them out the door on purpose, not handled professionally at all. She’d give her favorites the most houses, and let everyone else to find another job due to no hours or appreciation.

Pros

Provided transportation and supplies

Cons

Poor management

Ehhhh.

Very demanding and strenuous job. Manual labor. Great staff but the maids is not an understanding company if you have things going on. They only really care about money. But the field managers and branch managers are awesome and excellent people.

Pros

Free breakfast, PLENTY of hours

Cons

Care too much about making money, not concerned with their employees well being, will work you to death

team leader

this was my first job as an adult and i loved it, just working with the girls and on the move at all times job to job. it was nice seeing all the different places and people, the customers alone were just lovely.

Very fast paced place to work

This job was very fast paced, and the work is not easy. It is not a job that anyone can do. You must be able to clean and move fast seeing how we would clean so many houses day.

Pros

Driving from house to house/ girls i worked with

Cons

So many houses a day

Productive and have fun doing it

Work on your workbook for the day. The hour varies. The managers are doing their jobs by holding down the fort. The hardest part is when others don't follow directions. The most enjoyable part is the smile on the customers face.

Pros

They do offers breakfast and beverages in the mornings

Cons

Lunch only be 30 mintues. Also you might not get off on time at the end of the day

Fast paced and tiring

Too many hours, not enough pay. Training in some areas was very lacking. Consideration did not seem to be made for employees to attend to life outside of work.

Stressfull

The was job was okay at first but they made alot of promise they couldn't keep we work long hours in the rain didn't get off in time to get kids from school it's alot of work for low pay i wouldn't go back if they up the pay.

The madis

The maids is a good place to work at it's a lot of people person and environment the managers are loving and caring it's a job where people like helping others

A place to earn a check.

Some practices were not fair. I was not able to earn sick-time and would have a short check when I had to call off sick. I was sometimes unable to make ends meet when my check was shortened because I had to call off for being sick.

Pros

Earn a check

Cons

No sick-time earned

Time Management

Worked in a team of 4. assigned regularly schedule house cleaning. I learned that communicating with sign language and words combined can be successful. No manager. The culture was highly dysfunctional. Hardest was getting the best time to complete the cleaning with quality. Being recognized by customers on my cleaning skills

Pros

cleaning with great intentions

Cons

language barrier

Again, when I was hired I was told I would have 35-40 hours & that was not the case.

The company expected perfection in every house we cleaned.Equipnent needed to be replaced. A cheap company to work for.I was not impressed. The women I worked with on the cleaning crew swore allot in the car on way to houses. Just not a good job for me.

Job

Work hard cleaning customers homes. Your body feels the work you do. Small group of people. Work not always available daily. I ride a bike, so it is a short distance from my home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare The Maids with

Career recommendations for House Cleaner

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • The Maids
  • House Cleaner
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?