The Maids

The Maids Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Housekeeper146 reviews
United States146 reviews

housecleaningcleanbreakfastcarweekendkneegirl

Somwhat productive was suppose to be team work but wasn't and there was some unprofessionalism there

Being a maid we detail cleaned companies and homes such as kitchens and bathrooms and bedrooms entry ways with cleaning products we dusted for cob webs and dust an we also vacuumed couches chairs and floors.

The customers are lovely. Too much drama and can never put differences aside for the job. Management could be A LOT better. Other than that I enjoyed working there for the most part because I enjoy cleaning and make sure the customers are happy. Overall It just needs more Structure.

The Maids insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Long Hours and low pay

Lied to in the interview , said maids get off work at 5 and we would still be in a costumer home at 6-7. They can't keep employees. Costumers would talk bad to the maids and the office would still make the maids clean the house . no respect.Made to feel like less then others, just because we cleaned. Management would lied saying no teams were back and sent a team to clean a house that wasn't on their schedule. saying there was no one else back to clean it, but we would know because of carpooling. Would make the employees fold the cleaning towels and not pay them for it. once every few months they would give a $25 gift card for folding but we folded towels for hrs.Getting time off was not going to happen. when you were sick the management would say i came to work so can you. but the management stayed in the office and not manual labor. team leaders smoked in the cars short brakes and short lunch if you get a lunchoh and they said you get free breakfast and all you got you a granola bar.

Pros

you have a job

Cons

everything. low pay, long hours, short breaks and they lie.

Don’t work here! It’s not worth it

Do not work here! Please do not waste your time. It’s not worth it. Management is a joke and she is very unprofessional. There is a lot of Favoritism. Company makes you work long hours, Sometimes out until 7 or 8 PM every night. You have no life outside of work and forget about spending time with family. This place is a joke, Save yourself the hassle and don’t work here. If you aren’t in the “Click” with management then honestly you have no chance here. Some employees get treated better then others. A lot of gossip goes on here. Management talks about employees behind their back’s. Spreads other people business to everyone, Not ok!!! They will just hire anyone from off the street, They don’t run background checks on people, nothing! That’s not safe. Somehow they never stay after being hired and quit after a few days. Crazy!!! . Other employees wanna be in your business, Always wanting to listen to stuff you say. I wish i could give this place negative stars. It’s like a high school setting not a professional work place. It’s a terrible place to work. It’s also not a safe workplace. If you do decide to work in this terrible place I wish you the best of luck because honestly you are gonna need it

Pros

There is none!

Cons

Short lunch breaks, No breakfast offers in the morning, Company works you like a dog with extremely long hours

Not a good place. Don’t work here!!!!

Do not work here! Favoritism at it’s finest. Company makes you work long hours, Sometimes out until 7 or 8 PM every night. This place is a joke, Save yourself the hassle and don’t work here. If you aren’t in the “Click” with management then honestly you have no chance here. Some employees get treated better then others. A lot of gossip goes on here. Management talks about employees behind their back’s. Spreads other people business to everyone, Not ok!!! They will just hire anyone from off the street, Somehow they never stay after being hired and quit after a few days. Crazy!!! . Other employees wanna be in your business, Always wanting to listen to stuff you say and people just don’t know how to mind their own business here. I wish i could give this place negative stars. Again do not work here because it’s not worth it , it’s like a high school setting not a professional work place

Pros

There is none!

Horrible place to work

This is a job for some one in school that’s needs a little money. The hours you work are horrible an you have to do to much for little to no money an the co workers are LAZY AF!

Waste of time..

I worked for the maids 5 months ago. They don't train well, they don't treat their employees well they are really high maintenance and they treat their employees horrible

Pros

Tips

Cons

Treated poorly

Official response from The Maids

November 1, 2021
Each The Maids franchise location is independently owned and operated. As an employee of the local franchisee, we’re sorry to hear your experience was not positive. The Maids’ franchisees take great pride in providing welcoming, inclusive work environments where employees have opportunities for advancement.

Fun coworkers and active workplace

Overall it was a very active job and coworkers made it fun an tolerable. Very low pay for the amount of work!!!! Also management at the time was horrible! She entitled to talk bad about her employees work, like if she could do better!!! I’m not sure if they changed management that was honestly the worst part when I was there

Great place

This is a great place to work. All of my coworkers are friendly and caring and they pay is great. I really love working for this company and look forward to the work I do.

Fun work palce, everyones like family

Everyone is like family it doesn't even feell like a job at times you don't have to drive you're own car which save so much on wear an tear the best

Pros

Free breakfast every Friday, there super nice when it comes to your birthday, there super nice when you hit milestones in work

Cons

No health care

Its okay

Do not waste your time with this company, overall. I went into this job with high hopes, and I was sadly disappointed with the work environment. Short unpaid lunches (30 mins) you drive in a rinky dink maids car to each house, where your coworkers gossip about other workers and even YOU while youre in the same car as them .... like what?! Your coworkers will gossip and complain while you are working in a house, unless you get lucky and work with good people. You start out at 10/h and only get an annual raise of .25 cent.... horrible pay. I make under $1200 a month working my butt off at this job to barely get by. Unless you already have someone supporting you financially, or you are okay working 2 jobs, please apply somewhere else.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Expensive benefits, gossip in work place, horrible pay

fun work place

I enjoyed working for the Maids. We cleaned homes and offices.We start our day as team we go to clients residents and businesses and do a 20 step clean.

Pros

The company provides transportation to jobsites.

Cons

Adding clients at the last minute

Easy fast job

This is a good job to get for something quick but can be tiring and stressful, you will not make it far if you do not speak Spanish , I could not understand any of the women on my team daily as I only speak and understand English

Pros

Full time hours

Cons

Long days

Company makes you Slave!

I was working a week for this company and I want say that I never had such a bad experience with cleaning companies in my life. They treat employees as a slaves. I decided to quit and instead of paying me, they start to put charges on me to avoid paying me. For all my 7 years experience in cleaning services, this company is the worst. They don’t provide car, they don’t provide cleaning supplies, they give you jobs 20 ml away, they don’t care about gas spending every day, they don’t care about you, all what they need just to use you as a “slave” and in the end when you decided to leave they will try not to pay you and charge you. They pay $90 for 5 bedrooms and 4bath, also they don’t give you w-4 form, they give you w-9 form, where in contract it says that you’re getting a license and you responsible for paying taxes, which means you probably earn $50 from this $90, plus you put the gas and you need to buy more cleaning supplies, in the end you just working for gas and cleaning supplies and for them, nothing left for you. Please don’t work for this company, they gonna use you as a slave!

Meh

This job started out great but I’ve watched this company fall apart. We went from four teams to two teams. We are over worked and underpaid, not to mention the company cars are not kept up with and we don’t feel safe in them.

Pros

Co workers are amazing

Cons

To many to list

Poor

Working for this job was the worst year of my life all the girls all they do is gossip and talk bad about other people and then when you confront them they're upset with you your boss will work you hard

Terrible

Drug use in the office. Fighting. Stealing. No conquences. Girls are sent out blind. We are sent into location with blood feces bugs etc. Staff only cares about booking not the girls sent out.

Horrible boss

Let horrible manager bad cleaning products that didn't work so you have to work harder and go over on your time then she get mad at you she stole tips from you and didn't give you your tips she didn't know how to run the business you wasn't paying people fair or the same amount

Bad

The management is all on drugs The boss is touchy and that is not appropriate. Half the people can’t speak English nor have a desire to ever learn it. Illegals.....

Nice first job

My first job as a teenager! M-F daylight hours. Poor pay. But for a young person out of high school it was not bad. The management was awesome! No benefits at all, but steady work to pay small bills.

Good

There a good company all around you can't always take off off you have to call ahead of time so they can plan ahead of time. They dust,vaccum clean living rooms,clean kitchens and they clean bathrooms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare The Maids with

Career recommendations for Housekeeper

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • The Maids