The Maids

The Maids Employee Reviews for Team Member

Team Member36 reviews
United States36 reviews

housecleaningcleanbreakfastcarweekendkneegirl

Fun at first, becomes old fast

It was a pretty easy to understand what all you do. But just becomes very repetitive and there’s no telling in what your day will be like. You walk into every clean expecting the worst. Though there are days where it was worth it and it wasn’t too bad.

Great teamwork and fun

I love how everyone is supportive of each other and helps each other. Management and staff truly care about each and every client and go above and beyond to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction

The Maids insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

I love having my weekends off and if I need a day off during the week. They are really understanding.

The Maids provides breakfast for us every morning. They celebrate Birthdays, anniversaries and special moments but most importantly they listen to you. We are a team and we care about each other. I have learned that we are all different but we have to treat each other with respect. The job is physical but the time goes by fast. My experience with the customers have been positive and at the end of the day you have made someone smile.

Pros

The free breakfast is good I don't have to drive my own car I don't work on weekends

Cons

you don't know the exact time you will finish

Discouraging, poorly appreciated pit

This job was the worst I've had and it had nothing to do with the actual cleaning. The management is extremely disorganized and undertrained. The pay does not fairly compensate the work you are doing and they will have you "promoted" doing twice as much work without any pay raise. They stay understaffed and overworked and you usually don't get off until 6 or later. My work was very poorly acknowledged regardless of how much effort was put in as the only management stays in the office on a regular day. I never met a single employee there that wasn't looking for a different job.

Pros

Lunch break

Cons

Poor compensation, poor management

Good first job

10+ years ago I worked for the company and it was a good job to have. I worked there again last year and it’s under new management and it is just not the same. All co-workers speak a different language so it’s very difficult to work with them. Even customers complain about how they can’t communicate with them. If your just out of high school I recommend working there just to get some work experience on your resume.

Pros

Good exercise

Cons

Pay, all co workers speak Spanish, difficult to get time off

Horrible place to work

They dont care about your safety, and the team lider especially the most older in the company keep the tips for she, and any body wants to go to work in her team for this reason and because she is disrespectful with the team members, the owner knows ,but she dont do nothing. Many girls leave the job for this lady she is the reason . And when a member confront her with the photos the owner punish tje girl that confrobt the team lider tjay keep tips

Good

Great place to work. Great people. The environment is very laid back. The pay wasn't that good at first but advancement is swift and fair. After having to leave when I moved they quickly hired me back.

Horrible pay, manipulative management

You dont get paid from the office to the first clean of the day or from the last clean back to the office at the end of the day. The "field manager" tells you what you want to hear to get you to do what she wants and also tries to pin the cleaning teams against each other. It is hard work for the low pay you receive. Tips are sent in and taxes. It is a very stressful environment. I would not recommend working here.

Bad company

one of the worst companies that I have worked badly to the prisoners throw away the people without reason trample the rights of the worker discriminate against the people and have no interest in treating the enpleado well

Hours are awful as well as pay.

You'll be lucky to get 32 hours each week. Not to mention the pay is extremely too low for the hard labor we do every day. They will change the schedule last minute.

Selfishness

No help if you're behind on your first day, other team members get mad cause you're slow on your first day cause you're not as fast as they are who been working there for years! Too much drama, backstabbing, picky team members. It's all girls workplace,what more do you expect?

Extremely unorganized. Workers are unprofessional and lazy

Alot of the workers are older women and extremely immature, ghetto and ratchet. At first it seemed very well put together but as you go out on cleans with different team leaders you get to see how unprofessional and unorganized things actually was. I was so embarrassed to be out with certain team leaders. Taking belongings outta ppl home, smoking cigarettes out front after a clean, charging phones in customers house which is "stealing electricity" The boss rarely goes on a clean but she chooses team leaders. And the team leaders are lazy want you to do all the work and most of all EMBARRASSING I think she should pay more attention to who she allows to represent her company. Because everything we told not to do soon as we go on the clean its getting done. Ppl arguing on cleans these are all grown women. Its sad ppl dnt respect certain instructions cause the boss isn't around. Makes the company look horrible.

Pros

Boss has littke snacks in kitchen for employeee

Cons

Clean the boss house when its no cleans smh

Lie about pay

Said the pay starts at 10.50 but then tell you after that it’s only if you get there at a certain time, they fixed everyone’s t show less then what they really worked , “managers” never went to houses . Gave customers bad estimates on time when it was only three people working . Not understanding for when you ask for a day off or to get here later when you have to take care of your kids

Cons

Lie about pay, unpredictable hours, bad management

A wonderful job

I work with the maids and I like it. Apparently there is gossip and girls acting like high school girls. I haven't seen this with the teams I have worked with. Everyone is nice and is only there to do their job. If the girl's have issues with each other then they should tell management. There is no excuse to just up and quit a job because you don't like the other girls or quit because the work is too hard. You know what you are signing up for before you apply and in the real world, you won't always like some people...but you should get over whatever issue you have and finish the job that you are being paid for. Look it's easy to know of this job is for you. Here are some helpful tips: If you enjoy or have some sort of background with cleaning, then this job might be for you. If you think cleaning is easy and you can get a high pay with little to no work, then this job is not for you. If you want a full time job with no weekends and don't mind sometimes long hours, then this job might be for you. If you want to complain about cleaning houses, then this job is not for you. If you like to learn and want to be with a company that can help you grow, then this might be the job for you. If you don't want to clean the way you are PAID to clean, then this job is not for you. The maids is a small company that actually cares about the employees. When it snows, I don't have to worry about driving in that because the maids will call you and tell you not to come in. Why? Because they care about your safety. Maybe because I don't see my coworkers as friends and I am kind and professional -

Pros

No weekends, carpool to houses, great managers, small company, caring people

Cons

The people who quit like to post bad reviews and lie

Great Place to Work!

Very friendly and upbeat staff! If you want to be surrounded by positive energy and great team work this is the place to be! They treat their customers and staff like family.

good work enviroment

overall the Company helped me to learn and advance in my career. Not having security of whether I will have a job or not has caused me to leave. Overall a favorable experience.

Pros

advancement

Cons

insecurity with job

Not family oriented

Not family oriented at all, it doesn't matter if your child is sick or if you don't have a babysitter. Call in, they question you. Kids get sick they don't take doctor excuses. And they hire people who steal.

Pros

Yeah right

very nice office

wonderful employees and office staff. very hard working people and friendly staff. always very happy to help you if they can. always understanding and committed to their jobs.

Pros

the office staff and the employees

Cons

long days

terrible job

they treat you like garbage and everyone in the teams gossip about other teams and you behind your back of how terrible job you do or not helping them enough and snitch on you to management who takes sides and cut your work days and hours.

Pros

Cons

everything

the manager wasnt not together

work here was a headache things was never togethe. they didnt know how to keep things business like. and we did to much to get paid so little. need more help with teams getting things together

Hard working ladies who care about their jobs

This is a small company with 6 branches, that care about their customers and the service they are receiving. They follow up with a customer after a cleaning to see if the customer was satisfied. If the customer was not satisfied, they will do several different thing to insure satisfaction of their customer.

Pros

Free Breakfast

Cons

short lunch, long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits