The Maids Employee Review

You think you know clean
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 2, 2014
I had thought nothing of the turnover rate when I was first told about it in the prior interview. Or job preview because I was never interviewed but instead hired quickly. The uniform I was given smelled as if it had been pulled directly from a dirty bin and retrieving the rest of my uniform shirts was a task due to the lack of communication among management. I enjoyed the company of the women I worked with as well as the rest of the women in the office but there was constantly a feeling of sluggishness as there was constant complaint of the work. My team did work in Bellevue, Woodinville, Kirkland and other areas but often we were sent to other areas like Seattle requiring even longer drive times than we already got. The work load felt disproportionate often as some teams get only 2 or 3 houses to clean and are off by 1 or so but others get 4 or 5 with large drive times in between so they work till 7 or so. This job is not for everyone. Some people excel and have been there for over 10 years while most don't last past a week let alone a year it seems.
Pros
wonderful view of beautiful high end homes (if you get assigned a nice area like Bellevue), sometimes popcorn friday ?
Cons
horrible management, lack of training/outdated training videos, not summer/heat friendly uniform, VERY HIGH turnover rate, undetermined hours, cut or extended lunch depending on times

Other The Maids Employee Reviews

good work enviroment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  North Hampton, NHMay 3, 2018
overall the Company helped me to learn and advance in my career. Not having security of whether I will have a job or not has caused me to leave. Overall a favorable experience.
Pros
advancement
Cons
insecurity with job
Cleaning houses
HOUSE KEEPER (Former Employee) –  Verona, PAApril 13, 2018
Deep cleaning, dusting, sweeping and mopping bathrooms, kitchen, living/dining rooms and basements. Very detailed work. Fast paced working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maids. Our community is ready to answer.