The Malvern School Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, NJJanuary 24, 2019
Back stabbers, favoritisms and cut throat environment at Malvern School. I loved the children and parents but management was poor. Never enough staff so you are forced to cover for someone and have a 91/2 hour workday instead of 9 on most days! Very stressful environment and gossipy.
Pros
The children
Cons
Very expensive benefits, long stressful workdays
Productive enviornment
HEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJanuary 9, 2019
Great company. Enjoyed my time there as a teacher. Coworkers were nice, and parents were great. Very clean school. My lesson plans were always prepared.Materials were always available.
Unsure if all Malvern's are like this...
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 7, 2019
I worked at the Voorhees school and I can confidently say this is the most inconsistent school I've ever worked at. Staff constantly changing, schedule never consistent, children that should have aged out of rooms being kept in younger rooms despite being a danger to smaller children, expected to work over time EVERYDAY.
It had its moments
Assistant Teacher in the Preschool Room (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAOctober 11, 2018
Just not run right! I loved all my children and families.. There was no support from the directors corner or from HR. I had some good days and some said days!!
Pros
My daughter could attend
Cons
They believe what other people say to much! No SUPPORT
a place to be until a real opportunity came
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PAOctober 7, 2018
From my first day at Malvern I knew I needed to get out. It was not a fit for me. I loved my children I worked with but the management was not great and the rules were insane. The lessons were ridiculous. I worked with a few wonderful people but most there were trying to scratch their way to the top. If you are not a favorite you lose out. I was given about 20 vacation days but each time I put in for a request I was denied. I was always told that there were other people out. So, although they say you have time to take, it is only if it is approved.
good place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PASeptember 18, 2018
Loved working here. Loved the kids and the staff. The owner is a good man who tries to do the right thing by his employee. The staff was always helpful. Sorry I left went thru a bad time with loosing my Mom and made a bad choice.
Pros
work truck and kids were fun
Cons
travel alot
Fun
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAAugust 4, 2018
Working at the Melbourne school was enjoyable for the most part. Sometimes it could be a little stressful but working with kids tends to ease your mind.
known but ignored
"Get Set" Lead Teacher/ Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAJuly 18, 2018
i think, the hardest thing is working with someone who clearly wants nothing to do with the education field but knows people in the company to keep them around.
Love the environment!
Head Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 5, 2018
I loved working there, however the compensation wasn't enough for the expected work. The management was awesome, and the coworkers made the job enjoyable!
good structure
Older Toddler Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJune 12, 2018
Good structure for the kids, however, not a lot of support was given to me as a person who had just started in early childhood from a social service background.
Fast paced collaborative work environment.
Head/Assistant Teacher Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAMarch 14, 2018
The school is very busy and there is a lot of turnover. You need to be able to keep up with the kids and also to work collaboratively with the other staff.
relaxed but successful work days
Summer Custodian (Former Employee) –  Malvern, OHJanuary 20, 2018
I enjoyed every aspect of my job there. The long days kept me busy, and the weekends off were a great perk. Not working nights was also a helpful perk.
Great atmosphere
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Malvern School because of the wonderful people I worked with, and the parents were a great part of the day. The director made sure we were offered classes, in order to further education. My daughters attended the school, while I worked, and they loved it.
Excellent company and culture
Sourcer/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJanuary 18, 2018
The Malvern School employs well qualified professionals and provided me with challenging work.

The company was founded 20 years ago and continues to grow and build 1 school per year on the average, adding to it's network of 25 schools in PA and NJ. They are NAEYC accredited which is the highest accreditation that you can achieve as a pre-school from the National Association for the Education of Young Children.

Due to the reputation and branding of the school it was not difficult to promote them as an employer of choice while speaking with potential candidates re: teaching opportunities with The Malvern School.
Pros
Good pay, good culture, advancement opportunities
Cons
9 hour workday with a 1 hour lunch
Good, standard for-profit daycare
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Good daycare setting and work environment. Very professional coworkers and administration. Overall supportive of staff. Room for advancement, but advancement is slow.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Not the best healthcare package
Busy and fast-paced work day with children
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 22, 2017
Typical day consists of greetings kids and their parent, working with co-teacher to implement morning lesson plan activities, setting up snack, changing diapers, discovery room, nap time, supervising kids outside on the playground, and much much more. Best part of the job is working with the kids directly; however, there is little support from management regarding classroom management and discipline. The pay is terrible given the amount of stress and responsibility I take on everyday on this job. Barely enough to live on. Benefits are a joke too. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Free food occasionally - christmas break
Cons
no break room; terrible management, low pay
A Great Place to Grow
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 14, 2017
Malvern is a great place to grow your roots and learn. Their management team is always willing to help and build you as a leader. A typical day as a director is about 10 hours. The workplace culture is all built by the executive director in each school. The hardest part is getting all the tasks done. The most enjoyable is the consistent praise and the ability to compete in friendly competition through management challenges or enrollment challenges.
invested in children
Preschool Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richboro, PAOctober 30, 2017
n/a. I do not wish to review this company at this time. I enjoyed my experience and watching the children grow before my eyes. My coworkers were light-hearted and easy to talk to.
Great school for students
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glen MillsOctober 13, 2017
The Malvern School is a great school for children to learn and grow. They do offer a very rigorous learning environment geared towards child advancement. As a work place, there is some chaos and while the school staff turnover may be low, they have a history of corporate turnover rather quickly.
Less pros than cons.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 13, 2017
The job can be really fun at times, yet the management is what is the downfall. The communication between management could most definitely improve, as well as compensation. All and all, it's not a terrible place to work to get your foot in the door of a school setting. This place will most definitely prepare you for what is to be expected as a teacher. I just wouldn't recommend staying too long, since the growth opportunity is slim to none.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor pay and benefits and not much room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Malvern School. Our community is ready to answer.