the malvern school Employee Reviews

relaxed but successful work days
Summer Custodian (Former Employee) –  Malvern, OHJanuary 20, 2018
I enjoyed every aspect of my job there. The long days kept me busy, and the weekends off were a great perk. Not working nights was also a helpful perk.
Excellent company and culture
Sourcer/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJanuary 18, 2018
The Malvern School employs well qualified professionals and provided me with challenging work.

The company was founded 20 years ago and continues to grow and build 1 school per year on the average, adding to it's network of 25 schools in PA and NJ. They are NAEYC accredited which is the highest accreditation that you can achieve as a pre-school from the National Association for the Education of Young Children.

Due to the reputation and branding of the school it was not difficult to promote them as an employer of choice while speaking with potential candidates re: teaching opportunities with The Malvern School.
Pros
Good pay, good culture, advancement opportunities
Cons
9 hour workday with a 1 hour lunch
Busy and fast-paced work day with children
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 22, 2017
Typical day consists of greetings kids and their parent, working with co-teacher to implement morning lesson plan activities, setting up snack, changing diapers, discovery room, nap time, supervising kids outside on the playground, and much much more. Best part of the job is working with the kids directly; however, there is little support from management regarding classroom management and discipline. The pay is terrible given the amount of stress and responsibility I take on everyday on this job. Barely enough to live on. Benefits are a joke too. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Free food occasionally - christmas break
Cons
no break room; terrible management, low pay
A Great Place to Grow
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 14, 2017
Malvern is a great place to grow your roots and learn. Their management team is always willing to help and build you as a leader. A typical day as a director is about 10 hours. The workplace culture is all built by the executive director in each school. The hardest part is getting all the tasks done. The most enjoyable is the consistent praise and the ability to compete in friendly competition through management challenges or enrollment challenges.
invested in children
Preschool Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richboro, PAOctober 30, 2017
n/a. I do not wish to review this company at this time. I enjoyed my experience and watching the children grow before my eyes. My coworkers were light-hearted and easy to talk to.
Great school for students
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glen MillsOctober 13, 2017
The Malvern School is a great school for children to learn and grow. They do offer a very rigorous learning environment geared towards child advancement. As a work place, there is some chaos and while the school staff turnover may be low, they have a history of corporate turnover rather quickly.
Less pros than cons.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 13, 2017
The job can be really fun at times, yet the management is what is the downfall. The communication between management could most definitely improve, as well as compensation. All and all, it's not a terrible place to work to get your foot in the door of a school setting. This place will most definitely prepare you for what is to be expected as a teacher. I just wouldn't recommend staying too long, since the growth opportunity is slim to none.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor pay and benefits and not much room for advancement
awesome place to work!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJSeptember 30, 2017
It was a great place to work. The management team was always very helpful and willing to do there best to help if anyone ever needed it. I was only part time when I got hired but then got moved up to more hours. It was great but I had to leave because I move further away from there. The malvern school is a great place to work and I wish I didn't have to leave.
professional,
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAJuly 1, 2017
School has a great education program, the staff there is very friendly and helpful, sometimes it can be overwhelming. Pay could be better for part time employees
great company
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Erial, NJJune 27, 2017
Working with children in a classroom setting. Learned classroom management skills. Opportunity to run own classroom and develop lesson plans. Management was extremely helpful and willing to assist.
Pros
excellent management
productive, poor pay
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Upper Gwynedd, PAJune 22, 2017
Need to increase pay no matter if they are part of an organization or not. Professional workers just and incredible teachers. I found the acting director less professional than the one that hired me.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
poor pay
Constantly on your toes
Asst. Teacher (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 22, 2017
Fast paced environment with little pay. A typical day includes greeting parents and children upon arrival, changing diapers or potty training, constantly writing and rewriting curriculum, etc.
Pros
Children
Cons
Inexperienced, childish coworkers
Management needs a reality check
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PA 19342June 15, 2017
This "school" is run like a business. Not a good idea when the lives of precious children are involved and when teacher's are worked to the bone like slave laborers.
Pros
Lots of activities and opportunities to get more training
Cons
management, pay, work-life balance
not the place to work
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJune 5, 2017
We work long hours because of staff shortage. Directors have no idea about things that are supposed to be done in classrooms. Directors down talk staff to other staff.
Pros
Parents are good to us at Christmas and teacher Appreaction
Cons
No breaks, expensive health care, always work overtime cause staff shortage
Worst company to work for!
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 5, 2017
I've been an assistant for almost two years with no job advancements. I have my degree in early childhood education but they seek alternates for what ever reason. Directors are both rude and treat you like children. If you make a facial expression they don't like you're officially the bad employee. Don't ask for help, they tell you to figure it out on your own, then you're frustrated and screamed at because you're frustrated towards them.... you call out sick and still have to come in. You could be the star employee and get everything. Everyone knows your business before you do. It's pathetic! I've had the worst experience working for a corporate company that prides on saying their happy employees love working there. Pay more! Goodness I think the Malvern school can afford to pay all their staff more than McDonald workers!
Pros
The children
Cons
Low pay, over worked, no help, stressed out, treated like a child.
room for Improvements
Infants Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PAMay 16, 2017
Need to work on their policies and how to enforce them. The environment is good, great co-workers. Great parents and teachers . Quality education when implemented.
Dont work here
Pre Kindergarten head teacher (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAMarch 12, 2017
Horrible! Worst company I have ever worked at. Worst management and bad communication! 1.5 Years of my life waisted! Don't waist your time like I did.
Pros
Cute kids and amazing familys
Cons
Everything listed above
Jersey schools not as good as Pa schools
Management (Former Employee) –  JerseyJanuary 27, 2017
Great pay, dedicated staff
Upper Management is dreadful! Plays high school mean girls games. If you are the teachers pet you can do what you want if not you feel it. Constant changes to get the "favorites" what they want
Pros
Pay
Cons
High school atmosphere with staff
Malvern School
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 17, 2017
I was the Director of Education. I had a wide range of duties, which included but not limited to, staffing and teacher education. This is a great company to work for and would highly recommend them.
Pros
Interacting with the children and the parents
Cons
Difficult parents
Nice place for a starting job in the early childhood education field
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PADecember 16, 2016
Employees are very friendly and fun to work with but they are over-worked every day. Staffing is always very short and they are always asking teachers to stay late/come in early. Pay is very poor which is why no one wants to work there. The bosses are very focused on themselves, especially in the corporate office. Corporate employees treated teachers with little respect.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short staffed