The Management Trust

The Management Trust Employee Reviews

United States84 reviews

officeculturepositionsupportcompanytrainingemployeemanagement

fun workplace

i’ve worked with this team for summers for the past 4 summers. i created friendships and bonds with not only customers but also people from the neighborhood who came and enjoyed themselves

Plus

Great place for work overall found it a consistent place to be in when times got busy depending on who you work with can have a positive impact on your work day.

The Management Trust insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Flexible work life balance

Everyone from colleagues to leadership is amazing and understanding. The work load can sometimes be challenging but it's manageable. The office morale is great and everyone seems to get along. Leadership is super helpful and always accessible.

The Oregon Division is awesome!

I have been working in the Oregon Division and I absolutely love it! Being a Community Association Manager can be stressful job, but the company offers so much support and assistance in tough situations. I recommend The Management Trust as a great place to work!

Pros

Support, work / life balance, great employees

Cons

Health Insurance Package could be better

Horribly Managed

Your position is never secure. The company culture, on paper, is wonderful; however, in real life, you have to be completely submissive to any and all directives. Having your own opinion or challenging an action or directive is a huge “no no!” There is no loyalty to any aspect of your employment.

Not paid enough for being a Manager considering all the work

Too much work with little support. Manager was too busy to support staff. Lots of gossip and pretty bad culture overall. I would not recommend to anyone.

This company does not value its employees and Healthcare options are horrible

This employer protects its inner circle employees even when they should be fired. Career advancement is a myth. The health benefits are Horrible and if you have even just 1 child the cost is Substantial!

Pros

Pays for education

Cons

Healthcare, upper management, flexibility, etc

TMT is an excellent Management Company

Great morale, staff is supportive, provides high quality, experienced management, additional services beyond Management, supports continuing education

Pros

Desert office support, the majority of Staff liked working for the HOA, the location of the HOA is spectacular, HR was helpful at all times and quick to respond and discuss issues, Staff were team players, I have nothing negative to say about TMT and their Management

Cons

Nothing to share for Cons

Team building

They do a lot of activities and events in an attempt to bring everyone together. It’s an ok place to work and the staff are all nice but there’s a lack of support from management and a lot of turnover

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Lack of training, support from management

As a temp admin the job was great!

They want admin to be willing to move up into higher positions within the company they wont hire permanently unless you are willing. The culture is fun and relaxed.There are no benefits for temps. I never had my own email within the company so I was oftem left out on activities and sometimes important information because of this. The Company hosts a Christmas Party every year which is fun.

Pros

Christmas party w/2 alcoholic beverages allowed per employee, fun co-workers, close work family

Cons

Can't be hired as perm admin, no benefits(temp only)

Decent

Decent pay, sick time is limited for seasonal positions. A lot of politics in the upper management. Lack of acknowledgement of lower level employees. A lot of management turnover.

Professional

The HR dept was the ultimate reason I took the position. True professionals. They took my employment seriously and gave me the tools to succeed. I'll always have good things to say about TMT

Pros

Great benefits.

Cons

Choice in communities

The team

Management has no respect for employees. Management treats them as disposable. They are in it for themselves but try to sell the organization as "employee owned". That is such a farce it is funny.

Pros

Can't think of any right now

Great employees

The Management Trust is a great place to start. They motivate employees with company events and gives employees a chance to stand out with various projects. The employees are great to be with.

Employee Owned Company - not a lot of benefits

There were parts of the job I loved, but found that CSS's get stuck with the work those above don't want to do. You're tied to your desk and phone as a CSS (from 9-5). I often clocked out for lunches I never took. The company is employee owned. Benefits are paid for by the employee (upwards of $500 a month) and the company does not contribute to your 401K. Pay is okay if you're doing what you were hired to do.

Pros

Company has employee led training, which is good if you're interested in becoming a property manager; people are friendly; pay is okay.

Cons

No employer contributions to healthcare or 401k.

Challenging

Every day was different which helped from it getting boring. Being the only employee on site was sometimes difficult to help out homeowners and still complete my duties

Pros

Flexiable hours

Cons

Low pay

You are expected to do your job without training or guidance from upper management. There is minimal support from HQ.

No training, no support, no acknowledgment from immediate supervisor. Senior management doesn't have a full understanding of the division workload.

Pros

There are some team members that are very knowledgeable and helpful

Cons

You are expected to be on call 24 7.

Great Employees, Mediocre Management

I worked with The Management Trust in the NW about a year and would have stayed longer if multiple HOAs had not been thrown out me with minimal training or follow-up. Had some amazing co-workers, but not a lot of guidance from my manager. If I had a question when I started, was basically told to ‘look it up.’ Good amount of time off but with the caveat of not the best work/life balance. Unfortunate all around as I was really excited to work for them when I started.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

High out of pocket for insurance

Great learning opportunity.

Management made it difficult to do a good job over loaded new managers and burned them out quickly. Wish the upper management would have taken a closer look at all the internal issues in Kirkland.

Pros

Great people

Overall a positive job experience

Initially I was stuck in an "outpost" sort of office in San Diego where my superior took full and complete advantage of me, the office and the company. She was the ultimate authority in that office and I assumed no one cared so I was planning on leaving my job. After several years another person of authority came to share that office and the issue was brought to light. My job improved 100%. I was finally allowed to switch to an office that allowed me to do my job with excellent support from my management team superiors. I couldn't have had better support. They were awesome. My support team superiors made my job rewarding and satisfying. Salary... Meh! It met industry standards, I suppose. My paychecks were nicer when I was really loaded up with a huge portfolio.The work load consisted of too many communities for a Manager to handle and still give 100% + as each client is promised and expects, which is pretty much standard for the industry, also. Employees are held to a very high standard of customer service.The work environment in my particular office was really good, but this varies from office to office from what I have been told by other employees and my experience with the corporate office which often seemed cliquish. Shortly before my retirement the President of the company who had pretty much given her entire working life to the company and in my estimation was the glue that held the company together, was fired. We never received an explanation regarding her departure. She died shortly after. So....does "the company" really have anyone's back?Here is -

Pros

Well respected within the industry

Cons

Challenging and demanding Industry

No advancement/Poor leadership

The Management Trust does not offer proper training to their employees. They treat employees like disposable. The employee-owned tactic they try to feed new employees is a big scam. They don’t offer drug testing because there’s people who work there who are so incompetent and attends board meetings smelling and swirlin his words. Don’t work for this employer if you are seeking growth or any advancement in your career.

Common questions about The Management Trust

Answered by current and former employees at The Management Trust

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Management Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits