The Mark Travel Corporation Employee Reviews

It was very fun and happy environment to be.
Travel Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 30, 2018
The benefit package was great, Employees also earn bonuses monthly. It was a very fas paced environment to worked at. It was very difficult to balance job/work and your life because of the way the shift was given to employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift was not stable.
Great place to start your career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2018
Great place to start your career. The company has a good workplace culture; travel benefits and overall fun environment. Challenging to grow and move in your career
Call Centers Can Be Cut-Throat
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2018
Metrics set the pace at any call-center job. I was told all the time I was perhaps the best at customer service at the call center, but the metrics, especially when having to collect change fees, etc, always tripped me up. You are always being pushed to meet all the goals.
Overall very positive
Manager - Product & Development (Brand Operations) (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work is interesting, the culture at Mark Travel allows for anyone's opinions to be heard, you don't have to be an executive to share your thoughts on a subject.
The company is currently merging with it's previously biggest competitor so future roles within the organization are being reviewed.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Look Elsewhere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bayside, WIOctober 1, 2018
I worked full time for this company for 5 years.
It was extremely stressful and the upper management does not know or seem to care about what their employees are going through.
People who have devoted their life to the company - making a profit off of them is all that matters. The call center is a revolving door with mandatory overtime because of the high turnover rate. The reason why has not been assessed because the same people are still running The show. The company attorney spends her time defending the bad reviews on social media for a living since not making it in LA.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no support
Love it!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 25, 2018
The hiring process is incredibly quick and organized. You are kept informed and in a timely manner.

Everyone is great, a very relaxed atmosphere but kept busy.
Pros
discounts, benefits
Stressful
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Very good training program. Sales floor is cut throat. There is very little room for advancement. The pay is horrible for the amount of work expected of you. Management promises work from home at hire but retracts the offer after training.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Official response from The Mark Travel Corporation
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with the training program, it is something we work very hard to make successful. Your statement about the sales floor being “cut throat” was confusing, as we are an inbound center who’s focus is customer service. We are a very busy company and do have high expectations of our team members, but that is why we always hire those people who we are confident can handle the work. We do take several measures to ensure that our compensation is fair. The majority of our new team members transition to a work-at-home position approximately 90 days after successfully completing training. If you have any questions or further concerns, we would encourage you to ASK your leader or HR manager.

small work place
Customer Care Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2018
The place was great to work at, however the management is horrible, they wait until you have did several things wrong to write you up instead of coaching you on proper tools and then you get fired without a second opinion. You are very over worked and mandatory overtime, that is not talked about during the hiring process. The also do not have consideration for working parents, this place is really for people with no children
Wonderful work place
Supervisor of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 29, 2018
I love working for TMTC. What a great work place and very fun to book travel.

Managers are always there for you and try their best to help you in every way.
Pros
Great VIP, Fam trips, room to grown, work form home program
Cons
overtime alots
great place to work
Travel Assurance Expert (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
Every day was a vacation via your Customer's experience.

Management was encouraging and helpful towards career path.

Excellent work life balance (worked from home)

Great pay, lots of travel benefits
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
outside agents and their power
I love my job.
Group Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 6, 2018
Very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Hiring process was quick, yet informative. Benefits are great as well. I am happy to come into work every morning.
Work at home - relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI via Tampa, FLJune 18, 2018
A typical day consisted of resolving customer issues and booking reservations for Clients and Travel Agents. I also took payments for booked and future client vacations.

I feel everyday was a learning experience. Honestly, the most difficult and challenging part of the job for me was the mathematics involved when total were incorrect.

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day interaction with clients and other agents. Since the goal was to build a re pore as well as assist with any future needs, it was simple for me.
Pros
Ability to work from home as well as the Local Call Center
Cons
salary is not competitive
Customer service / accounting
CALL CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 5, 2018
The Mark Travel Corporation (Funjet Vacations) was a great experience for me. The management were knowledgeable about their position. Training was great. I learned so much about customer service.
Pros
Diverse group of people to work with
Cons
The layoffs after 9/11
Fun travel environment.
Call Center Supervisor/Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIApril 22, 2018
I appreciated the great team of people around me and the fun of working in the travel industry. What is better than making everyones travel and vacation dreams become a reality.
Travel Assistant
Reservation agent (Former Employee) –  West Valley UtahMarch 8, 2018
While working at The Mark Travel Corporation, I helped customers set up travel package accommodations, for work and vacations. As well as helping with "in travel" accommodations and refunds.
Pros
Great people and company
Cons
Low pay and the company relocated
Call center was stressful, but work was interesting
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I worked in a 200 person call center in extremely small cubicles. It was stressful because if I left my desk to go to restroom or lunch, someone could take my desk and they did many times. If we could not find another seat we were given a tardy demerit. This was the bad part of the job. Other than that, I actually LOVED to sell travel packages and book airline tickets in the call center. I found this job very interesting and I really enjoy the travel industry as a whole.
Pros
fun to sell travel and get discounts for trips and hotel stays
Cons
stressful call center and tardy rules were rediculous!
Lots of work, but not a lot of support.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2018
For being around for over 20 years you would think they'd have a better handle on how to train and schedule people. The lack of communication in this place is ridiculous. Makes it hard to want to help the team when you get nothing in return.
A great businees that can get busy.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 1, 2018
The Mark Travel Corporation is one that helps its new and old employees every step of the way. It's not just a job, it's an environment that's social, fun, and challenging. Help is always available and easy to learn.
Negative environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 24, 2018
Everyone seems to live in a culture of fear. The expectation is that you’re positive about the wellness and “fun” benefits, but the negative attitudes and lack of support or clarity make the personal stress FAR outweigh any benefits. It’s unsettling to come in to work on guard every single day.
Pros
Interesting product, great coworkers
Cons
Emotional stress and games, environment of fear, unsupportive top management and HR
Workers
A/P VOUCHER CLERK (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 31, 2017
Mark travel treated its employees very well. Company outings, very nice Christmas parties. a lot of potential for advancement.
My manager was very nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Mark Travel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about