The Marketing Arm Employee Reviews

One of the best companies I have worked for
Field Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for The Marketing Arm. From personal experience, a lot of companies in the same industry are horribly disorganized, rude and unprofessional, isolate you, and treat you as if you are disposable. TMA is not one of those companies, in fact they did everything right. They make sure you feel valued and they treat you fairly. The team I worked with was structured, organized, and worked well together.
Pros
Management, Compensation, Job Culture
Cons
Low Job Security
Great Culture...Exciting Job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2019
I worked as a seasonal brand ambassador for the2018 holiday season. We were in a mall and we were to engage with shoppers and create an experience for the guest. I had thorough traing and given tools to be successful for each interaction I had. It was fun and rewarding to see the people I encountered get excited and enjoy themselves
Great Small office
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTAugust 8, 2019
We had a great team in Greenwich, CT. The larger office in Dallas ended up closing our office in what, I thought was quite unfair. They kind of pulled the carpet out from under us.
Tma
Account Director, Experiential Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2019
What a great Experiential Marketing Company. The staff was skilled and supportive. Growth within the company was endorsed and the workplace culture was inspiring.
Lost and Sinking
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2019
TMA was doing well and seen years of success, but now they are lost and floundering. Loosing business and unable to retain the best talent.
Originally culture was built on having fun. They got away with paying less because of the fun environment and ongoing parties, but when they had to tighten the belt parties went away and that basically dissolved the culture they had promoted.
Pros
Internal employee built programs like Discover TMA, TMA Cares, and TMA Women's Initiative
Cons
The internal employee programs were a pro, but management does not engage in these programs. Definite sexiest environment, feels like an agency built by a boys club.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Account Manager - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2019
Really special culture that puts a lot of faith and energy in supporting the people that work here. Really smart leadership led by forward thinking individuals
Fratty
Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Very mainstream ideas are what they pitch and what their clients buy. But maybe that's their secret? Very few women in decision-making roles. Company relies on young talent.
fun job
Certified Animal Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 10, 2018
very fun and informative. I thoroughly enjoyed working here and learned much of my animal knowledge through the training and coworkers there. It was a phenomenal job.
Fun atmosphere with wonderful working relationships
Asset Control Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2018
Fastpaced daily duties.
Making sure all new hires and lease recons were completed in a timely manner.
Processing end of month lease returns. Working with HR manager to ensure all Hardware leased devices are appropriately assigned.
Pros
working with HR
It is not great.
Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2018
They like to use the term "Scrappy" But really it is just because they are cheap and everything is a mess. They really know how to take advantage of their employees.
Travel Marketing
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 25, 2018
Lots of hands. Differnt situations all the time. Get to interact with a lot of people. Traveling is exciting. The people are nice and workplace culture is good.
a lot of office politics
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2018
I read through a few of the other reviews already present here and they're pretty accurate - the culture was a lot of fun and it's a great place to be if you're just starting out or if you're already at an executive level, but overall the management was pretty bad and the actual pay was poor.

Upward movement is also limited, but my biggest issue was with the office politics, and also with the fact that any complaints formally registered with HR were never, ever acted upon or even acknowledged in any way.

But the people are great and the benefits were pretty good (pay aside), and really is a great place to get your feet wet in the world of marketing.
Pros
great culture
Cons
management, pay, office politics
Great part time job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2018
It was a great part time job. I would have loved to have stayed if they offered full time. I just honestly couldn't afford to work there any more. Great people.
Pros
Freebies
Great Place to work!
Executive Assistant/ Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 21, 2017
The culture and the people at this company are great!! It is easy to work with everyone at this company. This is a dog friendly office and everyone works hard to produce great work.
Great if you're starting out/Already advanced in your career
Account Supervisor, Client (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 9, 2017
In a nutshell, this is a great company to work for if you're just starting out in your career, or already advanced to management level. The culture and work structure does NOT lend itself well to individuals who are at that in-between phase.

Management is okay - but they do not listen to their account people for real-time input on current project status. As a result, business is being lost.
Work hard play hard
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
The marketing arm has an extremely fun culture. I had a blast at the parties this company threw for us. However, the work can be pretty soul sucking. There's lots of office politics which can sometimes get in the way of advancement. Can also be pretty competitive and cut-throat, they're not afraid to fire people.
Promoting pet food lines
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 2, 2017
I really enjoyed the customer engagement and helping customers better understand the importance of healthy pet nutrition. Unfortunately the Pet Nutritionist Adviser marketing program came to an abrupt end and we were all terminated without any prior notice.
A few month before there had been a training meeting and we were told it was highly likely the program would continue another year, so it was quite a surprise to get terminated without notice of any kind, right before the Thanksgiving holiday.
Pros
Decent hourly pay, meeting customers and seeing their pets, giving guidance and pet food recommendations.
Cons
Working every Thurs, Fri., Sat., and Sun., standing and walking around store for long periods of time, slow customer traffic.
Fun place to work, fun company culture
IT Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Venice, CAJune 28, 2017
Fun place to work with a lot of young professionals. Great workplace culture. Company parties and outings are not spared. Fun CEOs and executives but no room for growth. After 10 years, only granted $4,000 raise from original rate as a 22 year old. Even after executives acknowledged I started a family and should start to see compensation that reflects my loyalty and experience, they never gave me that significant of a raise. That year it was $2,000/yr at my 8 year anniversary. I'm now 33 and get the same rate as recent college grads.
Pros
Culture, laid back atmosphere
Cons
No room for advancement, very low compensation
A fun place
Motion Designer and Video Editor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2017
TMA will never be accused of over-paying it's employees. I think, generally, their salaries are on the low side of average. But the time off around Thanksgiving and Christmas is very generous, and the people I've worked with there are pretty great.
Fun place to work with great people, however . . .
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2017
Leadership is extremely weak. Agency passes of alcohol and culture events as appropriate replacement for fair market pay. A great place to get some experience at the beginning of your career, but NOT a place to grow long term.
Pros
Fun events, big brands, sports and entertainment industry
Cons
weak leadership, lack of advancement opportunities, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Marketing Arm. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss