The Maschhoffs

The Maschhoffs Employee Reviews

United States94 reviews
Managers are just bodies in the office who make others do their jobs and they dont do very many hours and they dont give anyone chances to work there unless family them.
I was a witness to animal cruelty and when I turned in the employee I was screamed at by my manager to the point that I felt I had to leave. There were many times the manager would scream at us and stomp around and act like a child if you disagreed with her. She also hired her husband and her husbands best friend to work at the barn and upper management let her. Very poor work place
This is a great employer. Opportunities for advancement are prevalent. They also get involved within their community which I always appreciated. Would recommend for anyone!
I worked here for over a year and worked with pigs for almost 5 yrs and I love it! The only downfall about it was the poor management. I plan on going back since he isn’t there anymore. They hired a guy from Canada that was so arrogant and new everything.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Working with animals
Cons
Terrible manager
Management is terrible. When you stand up for yourself they find ways to terminate your job. Their version of helping you get better is putting you on a pip program that is designed to make you fail.
Pros
Cons
Jerry hainline
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The Maschhoffs was n equal opportunity employer & gave me the advantage to take the next step in my life. They are a solid work place & generate a lot of business
The Maschhoffs took great care of me, benefits were amazing I truly miss working for them. The hours were easy, you got paid time off, they took care of you if you got hurt and couldnt work.
Ottima opportunità lavorativa e di ricerca con attenzione ai bisogni familiari.
I worked there for a total of three months, and had 3 days off due to calling in sick. They dont care about human safety or well being of others. Very dirty since no one ever cleaned and always understaffed.
Would be a good career if managed correctly. People mean nothing there. Turn over rate is 60%. Owners are awesome people though. If I had a different direct report might not of been so bad. Again, they have major turnover from bottom to top .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Maschhoffs?
Very good place to work, family oriented. Family owned and operated. The main source for pork commodity in our area. Lots of available overtime, but it can be a very demanding job.
I was employed by the maschhoffs for nearly three years and got one raise the whole time I was there I work 12 to 15 hours per day for little to no pay got jipped on overtime. When I did get the one raised it was only a quarter people with much less experience get promoted when they had no clue what they were doing the same people even stole from the company which according to the handbook was punishable by termination but nothing occurred when they were caught the maschhoffs is a terrible company to work for and I would not recommend them to anybody who is looking to get into agriculture
Pros
The 401K, Pto
Cons
No time off, favoritism, lack of raises, lack of appreciation, horrible management, no advancement, smelly work
I actually started to like my job there with learning new skills. Worked there less than 30 days and I was fired when I got my paycheck and I didn't even get it on the set payday it was a week and half late. The night before payday if I wld have went to work I wld have been a hazard since I had no boots and needed a new pair. Payday came and I didn't get my check. I communicated with the supervisor almost everyday and told him I got my check I wld have been to work but since he told me not to come til I had the proper work attire and without my check I cldnt do that. I didn't receive my check until a week and half later and there was a note stating it was a replacement check...no idea what that even means. Next thing I know I'm terminated with no answers as to why. I wldnt recommend working for them especially saying they are understanding and family orientated....so wrong.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Porr management and poor communication
At first I enjoyed my job but as time pasted the true culture of this company showed. The management of this company is corrupt, cliquey, and unprofessional. Employees that know someone of a higher position can slack off and do the least amount as possible while other honest, hard working individuals are overworked with little pay and no room for advancement. If employees would step out of line and voice their opinions about issues within the workplace they would be told that they have to deal with it and be threatened or possibly wrote up. The work environment and culture of this company is disguised with fun luncheons, raffles, and jean days but beneath all of that it is a hostile, poorly managed company. I would not suggest this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
jean days
Cons
cliquey management, no advancement, poor pay
Maschhoffs does have plenty of Jobs to hand out. Only reason for that, is because they cant keep anyone to stay there. The people you work with in the acaul work field are awesome people. As for management not so much. Field advisor/Bosses use their position to their advantage. Never on site or hardly ever to be found. They expect alot out of you. But only to make them look good. You work alot. They work little. All profits them not you. Plenty of hours. Pay is decent. Benefits are excellent. Dont ever expect your upper management to work along a side with you though. You will be doing all the heavy lifting. Decision making is absolutely poor. Never suggest anything to an upper potion. They will absolutely take all credit from anyones idea. If you want to be miserable. This would be a great place for you to work. If you have family dont expect to spent alot of time with them.
Pros
Pays decent, Good benefits, Acaul work field people are awesome
Cons
Terrible management. Very poor Decision making.
I got to watch the livestock grow and was proud of the ones I helped select and ship to help feed many people. Hardest part was getting used to the noise, but was able to use ear plugs while working.
Pros
Lots of work to do to stay busy.
Cons
Only every other weekend off.
The Maschhoffs is owned by some of the nicest people you will ever meet. It is a great company to work for. As I was promoted my travel requirements grew. The management & culture was fantastic.
Pros
Training opportunities & growth
Cons
Travel
treat there drivers like not very well if you stand up to them you cut your hours cut they run over weight all the time the truck have no power if you want to haul livestock good place to get it
Pros
n/a
Cons
bad place to work
If you dont want to be over worker and under paid, dont work here. Managers DO NOT know what they're doing. They fire all the managers about once every 2 or 3 years and then hire their buddies. If you work in maintenance you're required to keep everything of the maschhoffs spotless but the managers/techs can be filthy. They blame disease spread on maintenance and will do everything in their power to prove it even if it isn't true. The Maschhoffs managers get nice fat bonuses and their techs but always forget about maintenance. Maintenance DOES NOT get a bonus even though everyone else in the company does. Tell me how that is fair? Oh and good luck getting a nice raise. They give bigger raises to newer people they hire then the ones that have been working their 2+years.
Pros
Job
Cons
Everything else
The Maschhoffs is the world's largest privately owned pork producer. Their dedication to provide the best agricultural product is above reproach. Their desire to innovate and reach beyond currently known solutions is highly admired. Each department works hand in hand, relying on each other to complete goals and then share the successes to all parties.
Pros
Interdepartmental workmanship
Cons
Lack of training opportunity
it was working with pigs long days no vacation they didn't treat employee the best and it was way to many hrs week i doing about 100 to 110 hrs a week
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maschhoffs. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight