The Maschhoffs Employee Reviews

Stay away from here
Animal Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Carlyle, ILNovember 2, 2018
Management is terrible sit in the office all day as well as team leads. You nearly kill your self just to make ends meet. They hire people straight out of college and give them high positions , but don’t know the first thing how to do anything. When you bust your rear they hardly say good job. they don’t pay overtime.
Pros
Cons
poor management . missed family time or for yourself . Too many chiefs not enough Indians
Worked 7 days a week, no time for yourself/family, people are very two faced
Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 5, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this as a place to work unless your really desperate for a job. They will work you to death while you are looking over your shoulder. Just wasn’t a good experience for me. You work your tail off and at the end of the day management/peers still treat you terribly.
Pros
Cons
Working conditions, peers
easy going atmosphere
Data Entry Admin (Former Employee) –  Carlyle, ILSeptember 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at Maschhoffs. I had an excellent boss that really seemed to care about the employees under her. She was a patient trainer and very professional.
Poor work conditions
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Casey, ILAugust 7, 2018
I was there for three months and out of those 90 day, I was there for 65 days by myself and didn't have a clue what I was doing since they didnt train me at all
Good Place to Work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaJune 6, 2018
Maschhoffs is a good place to work and advance your career. I went from a junior field advisor to field advisor to site manager to production manager in a matter of a few years.
Official response from The Maschhoffs
August 10, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to create an environment where people can develop and excel!

Job for people who like to farm or are desperate for half decent pay
Day One Farrower (Former Employee) –  Keosauqua, IAMay 22, 2018
Not a bad job for someone that likes fast pace and lots of hours. Needs to pay more considering overtime hours are paid straight time and you work over 40 hours every week and sometimes many days straight with no days off. Unfortunatrly when i was there management was changed and we had a manager that hired his weekend friends. Most of them were lazy and didnt care about the job.Also you are required to work every other weekend and sometimes more depending on staffing. Turn over is pretty outrageous so it is rare to be fully staffed. Benefits are amazing. Great blue cross blue shield healthcare at a low rate. Advancement opportunities are slim to none considering people are swapped out from different companies when advancement becomes available. Bonuses are possible but rare and management takes the majority. Laziness is an epidemic out on the breed to wean farms and nothing is done about it. Working conditions are brutal at times. Hard on respiratory system, long hours on concrete standing, walking, kneeling. Human resources department is a joke! Phone calls are rarely answered and never returned
Pros
Benefits, Bonuses when applicable
Cons
management, pay, hours, accountability, Hr
You do more work for less pay
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Pattonsburg, MOMay 21, 2018
Never fully staffed. Get paid 3 dollars less an hour than our competitor and we have 500 more head than their biggest barn. You have to work 120 hours in order to make it and you still dont get time with your family
People are fun to work with management only thinks about the bottom line .
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, ILMay 13, 2018
At first it was a good company to work for but as New management came in it became more about the bottom line and not about the animals and employees. Management also would be harder on Caucasian than on Hispanics that work there.
Pros
Working with animals
Cons
Everything else
Poor sanitation, rats everywhere pigs in one position their entire life
Nunya (Former Employee) –  Carlyle, ILApril 3, 2018
Poo everywhere, if you want pig smell in your car forever then this is the place for you. Mice running everywhere. Pigs in one position their entire lifespan in filthy cages. The management is rude, diabolical and negligent. The bad outweighs the good at this place. No 15 min breaks only a lunch. Huge spiders and rats/mice (as aforementioned) showering in is a joke, that place is disgusting and a nightmare.
Pros
Clocking out whenever they get you to let you clock out
Cons
Working here
Space force driver
Pig care provider (Former Employee) –  Space forceMarch 10, 2018
Good job, hr! Watch your numbers drop. And remember, I tried to help increase or double production. All you did was stop me! I just wanted more pigs, for some unknown reason; you don't want that! I need clarification! Why? This other worker uses snapchat and leaving early without warning as a technique to improve numbers!
Listen
Production tech (Former Employee) –  Carlyle, ILFebruary 28, 2018
dont waste your time and they like to cover up stuff especially when your manager treats you like a dog there’s too much just don’t do it!!!! Your life matters
Pros
Animals
Cons
Healthcare
It was a great place to work at
Care provider (Current Employee) –  Space forceFebruary 25, 2018
I reported this idiot for mass negligence and cruelty to animals! The company came after me instead of this idiot. When they did that, they gave this punkass the green light to kill more pigs! I will get fired for protecting the pigs, for trying to increase productivity and get fired for trying to save the company. Thanks hr. You will get what you asked for! Watch your numbers drop!
not caring for employees
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlyle, ILFebruary 16, 2018
the management only cared about the numbers and didn't help or work with people to help them. poor management setup too many managers for the job. less managers and more communactions would of been better
Pros
work alone
Cons
management
Learning experience
Farrowing Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEFebruary 1, 2018
Always new how you were going to start your day and generally what the day would be like. Taught me the most about different ways of raising piglets and how to assist the sows in the best form. People were easy to work with and my boss was understanding of most issues that the team would run across.
Horrible management long hours
Production Technician breeding and farowing (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Terrible work life balance no time to hang out with friends while working 100+ hours every 2 weeks with only 2 days off that can change to you working a whole month strait I've done it will not work another hog farms ive been to 3 and there all the same
Pros
Piglets
Cons
Everything else
Production Tech for a large scale (Former Employee) –  Carlyle, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Very good place to work if you like working by yourself and being responsible for your own work environment. I would recommend a strong work ethic to someone who is appling
Pros
Very peaceful
Cons
Long hours, and the smell
Long an hard on the body
Power Washer (Current Employee) –  Carlyle, ILJanuary 22, 2018
Work long hours 5 days a week an its a job that isn't for everyone its rough on the body for the first few months an even after that its still hard on the body ive been there for almost two years and my back still bothers me here and there.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hard on body very physical work
You want to smell like pigs and get the smell in your car forever ? This is the perfect job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEDecember 1, 2017
Flexible hours but have to work every single day , they don’t pay over time except for Sunday or a Holiday if you work . Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Is always your fault not theirs
Pros
Flexibles hours
Cons
Not matter how many showers you take, you and your vehicle will smell like pig forever
Wouldnt work there again
Technician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 15, 2017
The management all have to cover for each other they never do their job.if you have a problem with any of them or bring a problem to their attention they don’t do any thing about it. You never find Supervisors or anyone higher in building unless their supervisors or the vet shows up! You get wrote up without any verbal warnings.
Pros
Cons
Pay is good
I love the job
Production (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 30, 2017
I love my job but believe me when i say if your not anywhere close to the main office you are all but forgotten about. So don't ever plan on being recognized for any of the work you do. Don't expect to be included in any of the shirt or clothing orders or the free hats coffee mugs i mean absolute nothing. You just aren't in away important and they don't even offer away for anything out of the office to be available to you. Basically non existent until you doing something that reaches down the chain through them. Monthly meetings every month and for the people doing on site jobs wait who are you. Just some big shot that goes and tries to speak for you. Also the pay is "never talked about" but comes to find out you really aren't getting paid for all the stuff you do.
Pros
employees you work with on a day to day are amazing
Cons
you are just not important if you're not walking in to the major building hours away everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Maschhoffs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight