The MAX Challenge Employee Reviews

Super culture, very rewarding
Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTAugust 13, 2018
Fantastic place to work, wonderful clients, lots of philanthropy and community outreach. I really enjoyed watching the clients transform their bodies and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Too much for what they pay you
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJJune 4, 2018
For what they are willing to pay their instructors, they ask for a lot of extra stuff for their employees and I don’t think it’s worth working there. You have to do a lot of extra things outside of there, like keeping up with members and attend trainings that aren’t compensated.

It’s also not a good place for personal trainers, because a lot of the exercises they want you to do with the members are unsafe and go against what your certifying company’s protocol is. I always felt that I was risking losing my CPT because of this place.

They don’t require any instructors have an exercise background, and they don’t require you to be kickboxing certified in order to teach it, which could really put you at risk for losing your CPT if someone gets hurt.
Amazing Fitness Gig
Trainer (Current Employee) –  New Providence, New JerseyJune 27, 2017
In my 25+ years working professionally, I've held positions corporate marketing, Human Resources, higher education, and most recently fitness (for the past 5 years). This position has been my favorite of them all. I love the culture of this company, and the positive mindset and energy that pervades the entire organization, from the founder all the way down to the individual members. Team members want our participants to succeed and achieve their goals. Corporate team members, franchise owners, and my direct manager are incredibly supportive and appreciative of our efforts as trainers. Unlike other fitness positions where I was just "one of the instructors" and the only measurement of my success was how large my classes were, it's completely different at the Max. This organization devotes a tremendous amount of time and energy into educating and supporting their instructors, and I feel like I'm part of an integrative team. We are making huge difference in people's lives and it's a privilege to be part of that :-)
Inspiring, fun, rewarding
Instructor (Current Employee) –  NJJune 27, 2017
I became a max instructor after being a member for almost 2 years. I thought it was a great way to earn some extra money and I truly believe in the program. The company is great and the Max U programs are wonderful. Each center is different and management's are ran differently but overall I love what I do. My only complaint is the payment. Unfortunately as an instructor your paid for one 45min class but between getting their 15 min early, planning your workout, reviewing nutrition with members, before /after photos, and depending on the center (vacuuming, cleaning, taking measurements for members doing check in rosters and other various duties) you end up spening at least 1.5 to 2 hrs. They should have a clock in system where your paid for the hours you actually work and not by the class you teach, as way more time is invested.
Pros
Free membership, half off merchandise, extra weekend workouts at Max u
Cons
Pay per class not by clock in, not all centers have admin, not all centers pay for weekend functions
Very Gratifying , Terrible buisness structure, depending on each individual franchisee owner
Manager (Former Employee) –  The MAX ChallengeJune 22, 2017
The MAX has opened my eyes to what a very rewarding career has the potential to be. You have a lot of room for creativity and growth, and it is a very family like environment. You have the ability to interact with people from a a variety of cultures and life experiences which in exchange helps you personally diversify. They also provide a lot of opportunities and resources to increase your knowledge. However, the compensation of employees is something that needs to be evaluated. You are expected to do a lot of work at the expense of your own time to accomodate the needs of the buisness. This might be dependant upon the franchisee owner, however the hiring process needs to be evaluated so each employee is aware of what they are signing onto.
Pros
Rewarding, family friendly/positive environment, opportunities
Cons
Compensation
Fun place to work
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Morganville, NJFebruary 2, 2017
good job to family relationship/balance

senior management a bit difficult to negotiate with, personally or on behalf of a client

Bonuses and raises don't exist

strong beliefs and culture
Pros
fun place
Cons
no growth potential
Rewarding and fun. It never feels like a job!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 1, 2017
The Max Challenge is an excellent company to work for. I have been instructing for one of their locations for about 8 months now and love it! You get to make a difference in the lives of the members every day, build lasting friendships, and get in shape! The transformations the members make are super inspiring and worth every bit of energy you put into it. The company supports creativity and you get to write your own classes and choose your own music. Each location is very welcoming and the support and guidance you receive in unlike I have experienced working at any other fitness center.
Pros
Inspirational, fun, creative...
Cons
You will love it so much that you won't want to do anything else other than get more involved.
An all around amazing place to work with motivational, inspiring people and great energy!
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Five Towns NYAugust 25, 2016
The MAX is truly a unique place to work. Not only are you helping people change their lives, but you get to be part of an incredible group of people who genuinely care about your progress and help you to reach your goals, and whom eventually become your friends! As an instructor, I can say the people involved in the corporate office are super encouraging, involved, helpful, and plain old AWESOME! Although I have only joined he MAX family a short while ago, I already have been drawn into the amazing energy and positivity that surround them! Definitely a great place to work! :)
Pros
Get to do what you love while helping others achieve their goals, motivating yourself, and getting to be part of a whole new group of amazing people!
Amazing work place with amazing support from corporate office
Instructor (Current Employee) –  PennungtonAugust 25, 2016
I have worked in the health and wellness industry for 15 years and I can truly say that working at the max is one of the greatest things I have ever experienced. I love my job. I get to make people smile and laugh while I help them achieve their goals. I have worked in studios, big gyms and have had personal training clients that train at their homes but this experience has truly touched my heart. Everyone is so supportive and so wonderful . I am thankful for everyday I get to work with them all from the members to the corporate office.
Pros
Changing lives
Cons
There are no for me
Rewarding and fun!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  The MAX of East WindsorAugust 3, 2016
Being a part of the MAX has given me some of the most meaningful experiences of my life. I have had the opportunity to impact hundreds of people's lives while doing something that I love!
The "Fun" Job
Instructor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 2, 2016
The MAX is hands down the absolute BEST company I have worked for. The people, the culture, the company's values, and their purpose are all extremely inspiring.

Being a part of MAX has made me look at life in a whole new way. It taught me to stay patient, to stay postive, and most importantly, to continue to support others. Being an instructor for The MAX has opened my eyes to so many different people and life experiences. I don't know where I would be today without this amazing company.
Pros
Amazing people & work environment. There is ALWAYS someone to turn to
Love love love working here !
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJAugust 1, 2016
Working at The Max has literally brought me such joy ! Working here has not only enabled me to work with and instruct the most amazing people, but it continually helps me become a better me , while helping others reach their goals ! Every single day I walk in with a smile and walk out with a bigger one ! You just can't beat that !!
Life changing
Imagine getting paid to be able help people change their lives. Now imagine doing it in a place that is filled with nothing but positivity. As soon as I became a member and truly understood the culture I knew I wanted to... no, NEEDED to be a part of this. I have worked at least once in over 15 different locations, and each one was just as awesome!
Fun, Positive and Rewarding Environment
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJAugust 1, 2016
There is no better feeling than helping people reach their goals and accomplish things they never imagined!! And that is what I get to do everyday!!! We are a high energy, encouraging and fun group that are all striving to be the best they can be. All are welcome here, all shapes, sizes and fitness levels. I have NEVER worked in such a POSITIVE environment before. The sense of community not only in our center but between ALL locations is unbelievable!! Guess that's why I don't mind waking up at 4am everyday!
Pros
Watching people change their lives, incredible support from managemnet and free membership
Maxtastic experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 1, 2016
I started as a member looking for a new workout. In short order I found myself loving every minute of it. Now, I'm an instructor and encouraging others to give it their best effort.
Pros
Satisfaction of helping others lead healthier lives; energetic and positive environment
Cons
None yet.
Rewarding job as an instructor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hazlet, NJAugust 1, 2016
I absolutely love instructing for the max challenge. I receive lots of support from fellow instructors, managers, and owners. It's amazing to watch people transform their lives in all areas and to be one of the motivating Forces that help push that transformation. I love this job!
Pros
Free membership, rewarding to change lives
Cons
Lots of energy goes towards this job, because it means so much despite the actual time in the max
Absolute BEST fosteredculture in the industry!
Manager/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 1, 2016
The MAX Challenge organization is committed to changing lives for the better. Committed to each and EVERY member as well as each instructor, management team member, and franchisee owner. The level of support, positivity and integrity is continually cultivated within each center straight up to corporate. It's truly the Mind, Body and Spirit. I am continually thankful, honored and privileged to work for a truly sincere and caring franchise. A wonderful place to "work". ;-)
Pros
Helping people live happier healthier lives
Cons
N/a
Thanking my lucky stars!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 1, 2016
I was a professional dancer for years and then became very ill & could no longer perform. I never thought that I would find another CAREER that fed my soul like dancing! The MAX Challenge not only did that, but so much more!
From the CEO down to the trainer standing next to me, this business is filled with the most inspirational, caring & motivational people that I have ever met!
The support, team work, environment, and encouragement is beyond words.
Bored with what you are doing now? Want a new fulfilling job where you get to change people's lives & truly help them better themselves? A job where you get to meet & work with amazing people who only want what's best for you? If the answer is yes... And it should be... The MAX Challenge is the place for you!!!
Pros
Energetic, fun working environment, room to grow both personally & professionally, fulfilling & meaningful work every single day!
Work? I think not!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 1, 2016
I started my journey at The MAX two years ago as a member and it was then that I realized my life changed forever..... I just can't leave!! So what keeps me coming back? Where do I even begin? From the positive atmosphere, fantastic culture and amazing energy to our wonderful members and awesome staff - I love it all! Now I am a manager/ instructor and to be able to help so many people not only physically but mentally as well is just truly rewarding. I wake up every morning loving my job - how many people do you know say that?!
Fulfilling experience
Management (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 1, 2016
This company is filled with so much positive energy that it isn't like waking up for work every morning. A family is formed among not only employees but with members as well. The opportunities I have to learn more day by day are endless. It takes certain kind of people to be able to do this job everyday and The MAX Challenge has become a lifestyle that I'm not willing to give up. A great company to work for!
Pros
Motivation to hold to a certain lifestyle, Great workouts!
Cons
Some early hours required - just takes some getting used to, but not necessarily a con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The MAX Challenge. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6