The MCS Group, Inc

The MCS Group, Inc Employee Reviews

United States19 reviews
An opportunity to get back into the working class a pay check benefits networking etc etc. also if you have issues where your place to work and someone tries to set up a person to fail at everything when it’s reported MCS group has your back
Benefits
Cons
Very busy and steady for the most part. Always enough work to carry me throughout the workday. I enjoy interacting with my fellow coworkers. Everyone within the workplace is very nice and helpful. Whenever I run into a problem of some sort they are always there to assist me.
Turn over rate is very high because they micromanage you to death and the pay is bottom of the barrel. Something is always malfunctioning slowing down your work but you're still expected to produce like everything is fine. Office is cramped and building is constantly having problems with the elevators. The people who work there are ok no real complaints personally. Its a gap job, something to do until you find something better.
Management is a joke. A bunch of people telling on each other to try to get ahead. The company piles work on people then sit back and watch you stress and get overwhelmed. Not to mention, their computer systems are super outdated.
I work in accounts receivables,contacting the attorneys for payment. The attorneys mainly complain about not getting their invoices because MCS sometimes don't send them which is terrible. The attorneys get irritated& may not pay. Also, there's no advancement within my dept since it's so small. Basically, you're stuck within the same position forever unless you leave for a better position elsewhere. It's small raises every year, mine was 28 cents. However, I was grateful for the raise. I love my hours 9 am-5pm Mon-Fri, no weekends. I definitely look forward to leaving at 5 pm everyday. Oh, also no bonuses or commission either which is depressing.
Pros
Day Hours
Cons
30 min lunches and 10 min breaks
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Very easy job to complete. Everyone is nice and fun to work with. When being a floater you get to learn a lot more than just being at one location. Super easy.
Pros
Hour lunch, Travel reimbursement
Cons
Traveling in traffic
This company did not allow for any advancement or offer training for betterment of the employee. I thought that this resulted in the companies inability to keep experienced personnel resulting in a high turn over rate.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Great company to work for, entry level & other positions, great workplace to gain experience in a mail clerk, document specialist, and also help law firm with there task.
Pros
Good break hrs
Cons
At times it'll be Slow work
The training could have been better but you will apply your training
to the job. The job is not too demanding and the owner's seem to

care about the employee's happiness more than some other companies that I have worked for in the past.
Pros
Transit Program benefits, employee incentives
Cons
short breaks, expensive health care benefits
No ones on the same page. Mangers bark orders without consulting with employees on gaining more insight into th job/tasks at hand to help productivity & effectivness.
It’s a great location if your on public transportation or working downtown. The employees and office manager are extremely helpful. It’s a comfortable office space
Pros
Helpful peers, relaxed work environment
Cons
Short breaks, low compensation, costly benefits, no incentives
I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience with The MCS Group, and if possible, will return! My manager and peers have ALLWAYS been great people, so much so that I've brought others to the company!
Pros
Great employer
Cons
Contractural limits
There is not much advancement at The MCS Group, Inc., plus on May 8, 2018, I will be graduating from Community College of Philadelphia with a major in Behavioral Health & Human Services and I would love to be able to put what I have learned to work.
They are very reasonable with working hours. It is a very slow paced job so if you work very quickly like myself you may have t get used to it. Overall it is a quite and pleasant work environment.
The MCS group is a great place to start working and building. It provides great benefits, skill sets in lots of learning ability. Management is easy to talk to.
Verifying that medical records and x-rays match patients name.
Learned to duplicate, reproduce, and reformat x-rays.

Management is very understanding and positive.

Positive and supportive co-workers.

Heavy workload but very manageable.

Positive atmosphere (everyone sticks together).
Pros
Cons
Pay scale
Great work staff, management was supportive and always available to help with proper training to keep consistency in job performance.
n/a
a typical day at work

what you learned

management

your co-workers

the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job

The company pays entry-level employees well. The benefits are good also; medical, dental, life insurance, sick days, personal days, vacation days, 401k and recognizes federal holidays. The only problem is that there is not much room for advancement within the company.
Pros
christmas caroling & holiday party, bonuses and incentives for exceeding expectations, hour lunch plus two 15minute breaks, clean work environment, location, opportunity to work from home
Cons
doesn't recycle, completes employee reviews late