The Meadows Psychiatric Center

The Meadows Psychiatric Center Employee Reviews

United States48 reviews
Featured review
The Meadows Psychiatric Center selected this as a representative review
Great place to work with amazing management
The meadows is a great place to work. It is hard work, but worth it if you have the time to dedicate to helping others. The management is very flexible and will work with you on your schedule.
Mental Health Factory
This facility is strictly for making money to line their pockets. Patients are stock as long as they have insurance or cash. No way to services are paid. I feel bad for any child or has to endure the so called treatment they receive. Parents please think 2 3 times before you send your child to the meadows
Pros
Cons
the whole system
The ghetto of psychiatric care
This place is the least safe, least caring psychiatric facility in the nation. Management from top down is overbearing and critical, but they don't even know the answers to basic questions asked by their staff. If a mistake is made, they pull out policies they've never even read themselves to cover their bases and scapegoat a nearby staff to avoid liability.

The Unit Nurse Manager for the adolescent units is an untrustworthy snake with no competence at her job.

The patients are not cared for, despite best efforts from the nurses and techs, because management ensures it is impossible to care for them properly.
The pay sucked for the work required.
I worked 8 months, the management was poor, in the sense of correction my documentation. Then I was written up because I fall asleep when it was cold.
Horrible unfair discriminatory hostile work environment
Horrible
unfair , discriminatory , hostile work environment

Abusive administrative

Abusive to patients

State regulations not followed
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Money is priority
Money was the priority, never had enough staff to take care of the patients. Would put money about patients and quality of care!! Got punished for doing more than everyone else by having more work given to you because the “warm bodies” hired couldn’t do the job.
Good co-workers; terrible management
I worked at the Meadows more than six years. The turnover rate is high. Employees are overworked and underpaid. The Meadows is focused more on making money than taking care of their patients and employees. Management and corporate are terrible. There are a lot of good people who have worked there, and still do, who really care about their work and their patients. Unfortunately, they get burned out because of the turnover rate.
If you think you can handle it...
Personally I liked my job at the facility, others, not so much. The pay isn't terrible, but it's most certainly not what you SHOULD be making. The turnover rate is AWFUL, so there's always plenty of overtime to work, management is alright, and the quality of food has went down. You'll need a back bone and tough skin, if you dont have that, dont bother, you'll get eaten alive.
I Love What They're Trying To Do!
This really is an amazing place to work. Unfortunately the high staff turnover and subsequent short-staffing makes those who remain dedicated left to do the jobs of countless others. This often means even longer hours, more demands, more stress, unattainable expectations, and yep... the same pay that you'd be getting if you were only doing your job.
Good if you dont care about patients, hard if you do
Not safe but every now and then you felt like you made a difference. Not really any requirements to work there so a lot of unqualified coworkers. Huge turnover rate if you are there 2 years you are a senior.
Toxic, High stress Workplace
I can honestly say it was the worst job I ever had. The cons: constant turnover, terrible management, no loyalty, no support, constant drama, unsafe work environment, lack of training, constant and high stress, under paid

If you want to be over worked and under appreciated, then this is the place for you. The worst part is that the patients aren't being helped. It's a for profit business, but the workers don't see any profit and the patients suffer.
i loved my job being the am cook
Not enough help since i was hired. This led to too much stress and working too many hours. I had gone to HR 3 times to ask for help..they always just told me to hold on for a little longer. Life's too short. Management expected employees to work every weekend and not get even 1 day off a week ( alot of weeks) This isnt what was in the contract. Management took their weekends off. The pay isnt the worst in the area and the benefits were good. But, the turnover speaks for itself. The employees have no protection from the patients. There have been several badly hurt lately
benefits
Cons
management treats employees like slaves
If you value your license BEWARE
Staffing does not meet state requirements although if you like huge cash incentives you can get them here for picking up from shift to shift. Staff competencies are not kept in compliance with regulations. The administration doesn’t act on concerns about safety. The employees are not safe due to high patient acuity and inadequate staffing. You will be told what you want to hear so expect this to sound like a great opportunity. When I was employed here and tried to address some of these concerns I was forced out. From one professional to another, don’t jeopardize your license to work here.
Pros
Co workers are great to work with
Cons
Administration
The hours were great but....
My supervisor had no idea what she was doing. She constantly talk down on you and acts like you know nothing. She is constantly distracting and never does the job she is suppose to do. We always ran out of food we were suppose to cook for that day. She is very UNPROFESSIONAL!!! That kitchen would be wonderful if they would get a new supervisor and the turnover rate would be less in the kitchen. The ceo is blind to what is actually going on. Good luck!!!
Pros
Good food, great co workers
typical day
It was a very fast-paced job, working on the inpatient units. Often not enough time to get paperwork completed due to the hectic schedule. The staff was pleasant, but most were very stressed.
Very helpful management and staff
I very much enjoyed working at the Meadows, as it was a very laid-back environment with friendly staff. I learned how to properly scan documents in a fast manner and adjusted quickly to the environment.
I have seen it all...
I love what I do here, but management could be better... Nothing is EVER good enough and favoritism is off the charts! Everywhere has favoritism, but I have NEVER worked where it was this insanely obvious! Corporate is either totally out of the loop, or they just don't care what goes on here. We have lost more employees in the last few months than the rest of the time I've worked here
Pros
Inexpensive food, decent insurance benefits, some great co-workers
Cons
Short staffed, under paid and WAY over worked
Fun work place and a good first job out of college to gain experience.
This was a good place to work to gain experience to further my career. Enjoyed working with the kids and helping them reach their goals. Returned to work there as an intake worker when I moved back to Centre County. Working there helped me gain experience that I currently use in my prsent job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No real advancement opportunities.
If you are willing to work hard and do your job, you will be successful here. Every position there is opportunity to move up and advance your career if you put effort into your work. The staff and management are friendly and you helpful if you ask and let them know what you need.
Pros
Co workers, pto, fun activites, moral
Cons
You need to have good work ethic
Not the best, but good for entry level MH experience
Your basic inpatient psych facility but in a rural and secluded setting. Lots of documentation each shift (progress notes, daily charting, injury reports, shift reports, etc) with flows and busy work to keep you on your feet. Management is not the best... they clearly pick favorites and "float" their less-liked staff to other units to cover when census shifts. Not too fond of the lack of staff on some very busy nights with many admissions. It was an eye opening experience but the technicians do NOT get paid nearly enough for all they do.
Pros
cheap meals, steady hours, vacation accrual
Cons
can never actually take your accrued time off, floating to other units, poor management
Current CEO is a bully
Understaff are wonderful, caring, companionate.
Problems are from the administration staff. The CEO though caring (about her job) tends to be unrealistic when it comes to projects and the balance of home/work. I have seen many let go/resign do to the CEO's demanded timelines could not be met.

Others in the management level play along to save their jobs but it creates an extremely hectic work environment for the employees which could effect the patients care.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Ceo
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Meadows Psychiatric Center. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5