THE MEDICAL TEAM, INC Employee Reviews

No Job Security Poor Regional Management
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIFebruary 6, 2019
The Regional Management is very bias. Very unprofessional. I worked at the West Bloomfield location. The job isn’t worth the hassle they put you through
Pros
Light Work Load
Cons
Regional Manager
Save yourself!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJanuary 5, 2019
The current position posted in Okemos. You DO NOT want to waste your time there. Unreliable coverage. Accusations of the patient and the office believes all of them. Company is based out of Livonia and the okemos case is the only one they have. Days shift is a waste of 12 hours. Very disgusting living environment and the few chores you do, no matter how hard you try it doesn’t make a difference. Poor pay. Very poor
Pay. Awful place to work. Management is scatterbrained. Don’t do it.
Pros
Employment
Cons
The entire job.
Wonderful company to work for and great staff
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 14, 2018
Hospice staff is sure to provide patients with the best of care. As an office coordinator I see/ hear from everyone. Field staff makes sure to provide high standard care and management is understanding and helpful, as well as enforces patients needs be met. I would highly recommend The Medical Team.
Pros
Management flexible, great staff, vacation/ PTO
Cut throat
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2018
The medical team lacked support for all disciplines. There were mistakes made and it was dismissed because they did not want to offend anyone and lose staff. The Nurse manager at the time was petty and would ask others to complete tasks that were unethical.
Pros
Worked Salary and could take time off.
Cons
bad managment
flexible
nurse (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 8, 2018
Staffing Agent is very receptive and flexible when schedules need to be adjusted for any reason. Shift trades, and vacations are accommodated, and rotating weakens works is helpful!
High turnover, low pay, management missing in action
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 8, 2018
Coworkers were nice people, however the working experience leaves much to be desired. So many people leave or are fired by the company that it's difficult to remember all your colleagues names because they change so often, out of 30 people in an office 9 left within a period of 3 months. They pay the lowest possible amount that the market offers, they have trouble recruiting and maintaining personnel at all levels from the minimum wage employees to people in administrative positions.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bad management, no career growth
Very unorganized, very politic, very poor management.
RN (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 2, 2018
Very unorganized company, didn't train new hires well, very poor management.
I never want to work for this company ever again. Management don't know what they doing.
part time job no benefits or room for growth
Personal Care Attendant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 17, 2018
A typical day at work is cleaning for elderly clients and assisting with their daily living activities. I learned how to have patience. Management was a joke. Workplace culture to each its own. The hardest part of the job working put not getting paid for hours worked and geting no work at all.The most enjoyable part ofmy job was making friendships and getting building relationships with the clients. Making a difference in their lives.
Pros
Cons
wages are low, no communication with upper management
Don’t do it!
CNA (Former Employee) –  WestlandMarch 11, 2018
This place was very unorganized and very unprofessional, got stuck working there for a year. No room for advancement. Very poor pay for a lot of work and no scheduled breaks
I loved working with my Seniors
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 7, 2017
Working for the medical team was stressful, no time for personal life. I was team lead of our Memory Care Unit. I had problems with staff coming to work. I enjoyed working with my seniors, doing activities and caring for them made my day.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 17, 2017
good place to have your externship. everyone there is very nice and they are very helpful. your knowledge of what yu came there for will benefit you in the long run.
very professional
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 15, 2017
I gained a lot of knowledge working for the Medical Team. I became a second shift supervisor, I was in charge. Not only did I have myself and patients, but now I had 4 girls to manage. It was a learning experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
meetings
Friendly team
N/A (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 29, 2016
Great individuals work at this organization. It was a pleasure to work with many of them and they continue to do great work caring for patients and providing great service.
Multiple programs in multiple states
Administrator/Alternate Supervising Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 8, 2014
Implement and supervise the administrative policies of the agency and administratively supervise the provision of all services. Organize and direct the agency’s ongoing functions; ensure that the documentation of services provided is accurate and timely; employ or contract with qualified personnel ensure adequate staff education and evaluations; ensure the accuracy of public information materials and activities; ensure an effective budgeting and accounting system and supervise and evaluate client satisfaction survey reports on all clients served.
Implements plans and budgets as formulated by, or in conjunction with, Board of Directors to accomplish Company objectives, ensures effective staff management by directing and overseeing branch managers, ensure company compliance with all legal, contractual and provider requirements, ensures Outcome-based Quality Improvement processes implemented and effective to ensure positive results.
Pros
Opportununites in multiple states
Cons
No Opportununites for advvancement in Texas
Very proffesional setting with awesome clients!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 15, 2013
For the time that I spent with The Medical Team was a great time. I was sent to a few different clients house to provide care. Each client worked perfect for my schedule. Due to personal reasons I left after a few months. The hardest part of the job is making sure the difficult clients feel comfortable with me and can be relieved of the pressure of doing everything that I am assigned to do. A typical day at work consist of medication reminders, dressing, bathing, attending doctors appointments or dialysis, meal preparation, cleaning, vitals, and glucose checks. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you can meet a person and make a positive difference in their life.