The Medical Team Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Internship (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 2, 2019
Everyone in the office is very professional, and always makes sure to keep an upbeat attitude. Management is on top of things and makes sure to let their employees know what is happening at all times and does their best to help out their employees in times of need
Pros
Good work environment, good pay
Cons
None to enter
Don't let the pay fool you.
RN (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 18, 2018
They get you with the high hourly pay but by the time you put in all the time needed from 7am-9pm phone calls and texts from the office, facility or family it works out to be terrible pay.
Pros
Zero pros
Cons
mileage, constant calls, texts and emails, never any down time.
Not a good place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 14, 2018
I was a home health nurse who finally gave up due to how unorganized and unfair this company is. One of the lowest paying home health agency out there. They don't care how far they send you to see patients. No matter how much you try to complete visit notes in patients homes, you wont because you know you may have a 45-1hr drive to the next patient and need to rush. You will spend most evenings trying to finish paperwork. You are constantly hounded. You will be asked to falsify documents. No appreciation. They think their gift card drawing at monthly meetings is showing appreciation. The gas reimbursement is 40 cents a mile which is much lower than anywhere else I've worked. They have med training classes they force only certain nurses to go to check off direct care workers on meds and the pay is only .75 point for the classes. Not even a full point and it would take me an hour to get home from the classes. They will tell you that you are on a waiting list for a company car and then give a car to someone hired in after you.
If you are a good RN don't work here.
Pros
a few Co workers
Cons
see above review
Regional staff are not truthful, no scruples, deny tool for success.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 29, 2018
No job security, lack of support, lack of tools, lack of resources to be successful. Supervisors are not forthcoming. Vital information withheld, false reassurance, indirect sabotage of others attempting to improve the system and build a solid foundation for staff. Regardless of your effort, the rug is pulled out from beneath you without warning. Be very cautious, and do not be surprised at anything. Leaders of different departments are in conflict. Smooth liars.
Find a company with integrity. This company has no respect for employees. This company does not demonstrate that employees are assets nor valied.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
No job security, sneaky intentions, false reassurance, liars
A Great place to work
Certified Nurse's Aide (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working for the company.The staff was very caring and helpful. I also enjoyed working with the clients a positive about the Medical Team its always work available.
team atmosphere, relaxed, learning opportunities, Christmas bonuses, available for working holidays and receiving time and a half.
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 11, 2018
I love it more than any job I have worked and if I could go back I would and do things much differently, they have benefits, paid vacations, the opportunity for overtime, out of the facility cases, The only thing I regret is letting that supervisor run me off.
Pros
friendly enviroment, team work, benifits
Cons
the one supervisor who was transferred over to us during the end of my employment there
It’s a easy job for people
Team Lead /Med passer/ Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 1, 2018
Turnover rate is very high due to lack of communication
The way employs get treated short paycheck for always messing up my paycheck in due to rodent in bed bugs
Pros
Have a great clients
Cons
Really don’t get breaks
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 24, 2018
Flexible schedule, caring staff, supportive management, great team overall. Have many very long term employees for a reason, and are very family oriented with a family feel in the office.
A good place to work and meet new people.
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Medical AssistantOctober 20, 2018
A typical day at work could be very busy and stressful at times. When I worked with the company, the hardest job was to make sure the clients were well taking care of at all times. The joyable part was the relationship that you established with the clients.
A lot of driving
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 17, 2018
I was a visiting home health nurse. Saw approximately thirty to forty patient per week. Traveled throughout Oakland County into assisted living facilities and individual homes.
Happy Employee
RN Hospice Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 11, 2018
Working with this company feels like you are working with family. No stress or constant hounding from management on doing your job, as long as you do your job well. Excellent communication from all team members to provide the best possible care to all patients and their families. I have worked for other Hospice companies in the area and TMT Hospice is superior by far with the care and services they provide to patients and families. Highest job satisfaction I have ever had in 18 years as a Registered Nurse.
Pros
Flexibility with daily schedule, excellent salary, and affordable healthcare coverage.
Cons
The daily driving, especially in bad weather.
Behavioral Nursing in Home Care!
Behavioral Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 8, 2018
As a behavioral nurse, it is refreshing to be able to help clients in their own home, empower the patient and families with knowledge on managing their disease process, educate the caregivers and work as a team to provide quality care through their journey. It is truly rewarding. The Medical Team is an ethical, family oriented company that cares about their employees. Lots of room for advancement, supportive management that honestly wants to see every employee succeed. A place where employees work together to make a difference in the communities to serve.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, supportive management, established company, great co-workers, flexibility, room to advance
Cons
Adjusting to Medicare guidelines but company provides lots of education and support
Not that bad of a place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 4, 2018
I liked working for The Medical Team. The work load wasn’t too heavy, and there is room for overtime. The hardest part about working for The Medical Team was being inside of an American House building because the Americans House staff always wanted to tell the workers of The Medical Team what their job description was.
productive
Home Health Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 30, 2018
A typical work day was interesting and rewarding. Management was supportive. Workplace culture values,, behaviors attitudes, and beliefs were excellent.
Pros
schedule
good startin point
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 30, 2018
if you enjoy caring for elderly patients this is a great place to work. It is a good first job for someone new to the medical field. Great place to learn the basics.
Patient Care Assistant
Team Leader/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 10, 2018
This company has many flaws depending on your view on of a professional company. They hire straight from an institute were the team members have very little experience which allows them to pay the workers at a lower wage. Then, they continuously rotate employees for misconduct possibly it is cheaper to keep the employee but its a backwards cycle. The team within itself can be a friendly environment but as a whole there is no room for growth.
Productive, fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 21, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to bring happiness to clients suffering from illnesses and/or unable to do for themselves.
The hardest part is getting attached to clients and having them pass away.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Point system for rewards needs improvement
Livonia Team
QA Nurse (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MI.July 16, 2018
Manager was constantly all over me for things I did not do, had to point out, that was not my work, that was hers! and point out who she should have gone to with her complaint of bad work. Manager has favorite workers and only picks on the people she does not like. They are back-stabbing, enjoyed having clicks and calling people names, they called me a Dork. I cried my way home most evenings. It was truly an environment of harassment and brow beating. When I left, even the person they made my assistant left also and she had been there a long time and really could not stand it any longer either. I hated working there. The company owner would come by every month and just walk past everybody, head up in the air, never spoke to a single person except the clicky management. One of the top 3 worst places to work in my opinion in my life.
Pros
Great free lunch monthly with meetings
Cons
Management and workers in office are MEAN.
I love what o do but wish we had consistent staff
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 13, 2018
As a CNA I feel that the hourly rate is very low especially as an experienced CNA. The turn over rate at my facility is very high due to the size of the facility and always being short staffed.
Pros
Of you are a person who doesn't mind picking up shifts, there are always a few available.
Cons
Short staff
no advancement for growth
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 9, 2018
The Medical Team is a starter job into the medical field not somewhere you settle for a career . You use this opportunity for a stepping stool to get your feet wet for experience only.
Pros
Great opptunity
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Medical Team. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight