The Medical Team Employee Reviews

A lot of driving
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 17, 2018
I was a visiting home health nurse. Saw approximately thirty to forty patient per week. Traveled throughout Oakland County into assisted living facilities and individual homes.
Happy Employee
RN Hospice Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 11, 2018
Working with this company feels like you are working with family. No stress or constant hounding from management on doing your job, as long as you do your job well. Excellent communication from all team members to provide the best possible care to all patients and their families. I have worked for other Hospice companies in the area and TMT Hospice is superior by far with the care and services they provide to patients and families. Highest job satisfaction I have ever had in 18 years as a Registered Nurse.
Pros
Flexibility with daily schedule, excellent salary, and affordable healthcare coverage.
Cons
The daily driving, especially in bad weather.
Behavioral Nursing in Home Care!
Behavioral Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 8, 2018
As a behavioral nurse, it is refreshing to be able to help clients in their own home, empower the patient and families with knowledge on managing their disease process, educate the caregivers and work as a team to provide quality care through their journey. It is truly rewarding. The Medical Team is an ethical, family oriented company that cares about their employees. Lots of room for advancement, supportive management that honestly wants to see every employee succeed. A place where employees work together to make a difference in the communities to serve.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, supportive management, established company, great co-workers, flexibility, room to advance
Cons
Adjusting to Medicare guidelines but company provides lots of education and support
Not that bad of a place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 4, 2018
I liked working for The Medical Team. The work load wasn’t too heavy, and there is room for overtime. The hardest part about working for The Medical Team was being inside of an American House building because the Americans House staff always wanted to tell the workers of The Medical Team what their job description was.
productive
Home Health Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 30, 2018
A typical work day was interesting and rewarding. Management was supportive. Workplace culture values,, behaviors attitudes, and beliefs were excellent.
Pros
schedule
good startin point
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 30, 2018
if you enjoy caring for elderly patients this is a great place to work. It is a good first job for someone new to the medical field. Great place to learn the basics.
Patient Care Assistant
Team Leader/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 10, 2018
This company has many flaws depending on your view on of a professional company. They hire straight from an institute were the team members have very little experience which allows them to pay the workers at a lower wage. Then, they continuously rotate employees for misconduct possibly it is cheaper to keep the employee but its a backwards cycle. The team within itself can be a friendly environment but as a whole there is no room for growth.
Productive, fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 21, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to bring happiness to clients suffering from illnesses and/or unable to do for themselves.
The hardest part is getting attached to clients and having them pass away.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Point system for rewards needs improvement
Livonia Team
QA Nurse (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MI.July 16, 2018
Manager was constantly all over me for things I did not do, had to point out, that was not my work, that was hers! and point out who she should have gone to with her complaint of bad work. Manager has favorite workers and only picks on the people she does not like. They are back-stabbing, enjoyed having clicks and calling people names, they called me a Dork. I cried my way home most evenings. It was truly an environment of harassment and brow beating. When I left, even the person they made my assistant left also and she had been there a long time and really could not stand it any longer either. I hated working there. The company owner would come by every month and just walk past everybody, head up in the air, never spoke to a single person except the clicky management. One of the top 3 worst places to work in my opinion in my life.
Pros
Great free lunch monthly with meetings
Cons
Management and workers in office are MEAN.
I love what o do but wish we had consistent staff
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 13, 2018
As a CNA I feel that the hourly rate is very low especially as an experienced CNA. The turn over rate at my facility is very high due to the size of the facility and always being short staffed.
Pros
Of you are a person who doesn't mind picking up shifts, there are always a few available.
Cons
Short staff
no advancement for growth
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 9, 2018
The Medical Team is a starter job into the medical field not somewhere you settle for a career . You use this opportunity for a stepping stool to get your feet wet for experience only.
Pros
Great opptunity
Cons
no benefits
management
Site Supervisor/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 4, 2018
The job is awesome I love my job it needs to have more perks when it comes to staff working a lot of hours. They want to be appreciated for the work they do.
work enviornment was nice
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2018
It was my pleasure to work with Med Team Inc for so many years. never had any problems with pay checks. If any questions always had someone there to answer.
A caring place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  45 NE Interstate Loop 410May 9, 2018
My manager was very concern not only on the client but also on the workers. She assigned client to CNA who had experience who knew the client. She also tried not to move us to offered if possible.
Summary
Homecare Aide (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 3, 2018
Was a great place to work at, only thing is that the pay was low. I was offered a job with more pay. That's why I left The Medical Team.
But, I wouldn't mind going back if they pay was more.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Slow and not enough to support a family
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2018
I need a career not a job. I didnt like the way the lady spike told me. Very rudeand unprofessional. I definitely wasnt getting any communication with the supervisors. I wouldnt recommend thia job for someone with a family. It doesnt pay enough.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
They expect u to do everything for little pay
Friendly Coworkers, Great Mentors
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 24, 2018
Coworkers were very kind and helpful, even though I was just an intern. They patiently answered my questions and gave me lots of hands-on experience setting up meetings and aiding the HR department.
Clients was a pleasure to work with.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 22, 2018
Busy days yet also slow days. Teaches you to have compassion for others with little to none resources. Management a pleasure to work with, work place culture is diversity and the hardest part of the job not enough of pay!
Pros
Clients and family appreciates your work.
Cons
The pay!
the hardest part of the job
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2018
the hardest part of the job is getting where you need to go. Its a huge learning experience and I loved every part of my job. I built a wonderful experience with my clients
Pros
long lunch, breaks, flexible hours, amazing patients
Cons
The job is not bad work is easy depending on building.
Patient Care Assistant/Med passer (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIApril 7, 2018
Just when you pass meds you still have to do care and you dont get exter pay but your doing more than the regular aides and getting the same pay. Alot of the ppl you work with have attuitdes for no reason and they dont wanna speak to you.
Pros
You can leave and get food, break when u want too
Cons
Med passer make same as regular aides, everybody pay is differant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Medical Team. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight