The Medical Team Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A caring place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  45 NE Interstate Loop 410May 9, 2018
My manager was very concern not only on the client but also on the workers. She assigned client to CNA who had experience who knew the client. She also tried not to move us to offered if possible.
Summary
Homecare Aide (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 3, 2018
Was a great place to work at, only thing is that the pay was low. I was offered a job with more pay. That's why I left The Medical Team.
But, I wouldn't mind going back if they pay was more.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Slow and not enough to support a family
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2018
I need a career not a job. I didnt like the way the lady spike told me. Very rudeand unprofessional. I definitely wasnt getting any communication with the supervisors. I wouldnt recommend thia job for someone with a family. It doesnt pay enough.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
They expect u to do everything for little pay
Friendly Coworkers, Great Mentors
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 24, 2018
Coworkers were very kind and helpful, even though I was just an intern. They patiently answered my questions and gave me lots of hands-on experience setting up meetings and aiding the HR department.
Clients was a pleasure to work with.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 22, 2018
Busy days yet also slow days. Teaches you to have compassion for others with little to none resources. Management a pleasure to work with, work place culture is diversity and the hardest part of the job not enough of pay!
Pros
Clients and family appreciates your work.
Cons
The pay!
the hardest part of the job
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2018
the hardest part of the job is getting where you need to go. Its a huge learning experience and I loved every part of my job. I built a wonderful experience with my clients
Pros
long lunch, breaks, flexible hours, amazing patients
Cons
The job is not bad work is easy depending on building.
Patient Care Assistant/Med passer (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIApril 7, 2018
Just when you pass meds you still have to do care and you dont get exter pay but your doing more than the regular aides and getting the same pay. Alot of the ppl you work with have attuitdes for no reason and they dont wanna speak to you.
Pros
You can leave and get food, break when u want too
Cons
Med passer make same as regular aides, everybody pay is differant.
Great Place to Work!!
Hospice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 24, 2018
Been with TMT for 5 years. Have been supported since day 1 from Management. Great teamwork and collaboration between divisions. Internship opportunities are encouraged. Growth within the department is welcomed.
Good Company
Receptionist/Hospice Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 23, 2018
Work was nice, The co-workers are awesome. Management is ok until they feel personally attack or threatened. The company is pretty good. Dope owner. There's a lack of understanding of African American Culture and that can be a hassle for us. The work routine is a is, nothing hard about it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Micro managing
Exceptional company to work for
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 15, 2018
Proud to work with a dedicated team of professionals bringing exceptional hospice care to patients wherever they call home.
The flexibility of The Medical Team hospice division administration and the belief that employees families are important help to promote a great family/work balance.
Ever member of the team, whatever their role in the Flint office may be, is valued.
Pros
Company that values their employees
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2018
The workload was enough to keep you busy but not make you feel overwhelmed. Management worked well with schedules. Learned more about home health care.
availale to travel
Health Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 1, 2018
you can make your own schedule , works for students

meet different people , gives the experience needed to pursue any health care careers. also offer tuition payments
Run!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 24, 2018
If you have no personal life, then this is the job for you. If you like being wrung out like a sponge, then this is the job for you. If you enjoy stress, then this is the job for you! If none of this fits you, then run as fast as you can in the opposite direction!
Pros
Cons
Stress, Never knowing who you were going to see the next day until 5 o'clock the previous day
Uneasy Work Environment
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 10, 2018
Residents are easy to handle. Management isn't very helpful. Pay raises are only .33 per year. The work environment is very uneasy. Coworkers do not respect residents, very rough with residents.
wasnt well run
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 24, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at this corporation, it was a revolving door for staff. You are overworked and underpaid with little help from mgmt. Working a 12 hr shift with one client.
A great team
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 23, 2018
I have been working here for almost seven years in the office. I have to work hard but feel I am rewarded for my efforts. I truly care for our clients and employees and do whatever I can to keep everyone happy. I try to accommodate all scheduling requests from employees.
Cons
benefits needs improvement
Not a happy place to work.
Medical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 17, 2018
The Medical Team is a company that sound really good oportunity on Paper.. but when a come to reality nothing that they promised you happen, there its always and exucuse not to give you any bonus and they will not give you a rise on you YEARLY REVIEW!
Pros
some benefits ...
Cons
Example: NO breaks, Only 30 minutes for lunch and Not paid! are, etc.
This place needs to be shut down
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 10, 2018
This place is horrible to work. they cut staff hours whenever the see fit. Some residents that need two people assists are typically only getting one. ED of the building wanted to kick out residents for bed wetting but wasn't concerned by the lack of cleanliness in the kitchen or the fact that the dishes were always sticky and grimy.
Challenging and exciting
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 2, 2018
A typical days work was ensuring my clients received proper care, on-call 24/7, ensuring client files were up to date. Working closely with doctors, nurses, management, physical therapist, etc. Providing scheduling for up to 15 employees. Med passing, ADL's. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with senior citizen for 10 plus years, they gave me knowledge no one else could have. The hardest part was having to lose a client.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
short breaks
Good team but...
Transition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 29, 2017
I left a job I hated but with good job security to come to The Medical Team. I felt like I had come home. Great co workers, my direct boss was so wonderful. The work is rewarding and different everyday. My 90 day review was good. My bosses only spoken review: "we love you."
Two weeks later I was called into her office with HR there and fired. No explaination, no feedback, no chance to know what I had done or not done, much less defend myself. I have no words for how awful this experience was.
No matter how good the job is, it's only good if you can count on it. If you need your pay check keep looking.
Pros
Great co workers and rewarding work with people who need you
Cons
Work load varies a lot. Ivory tower Management is much removed from staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Medical Team. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.1InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight