The Medical Team Employee Reviews

Production and flexible hours
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LivoniaJune 14, 2019
They has some good employees. If your willing to learn, they are willing to teach you new things. I have trained some of the supervisors to be supervisors .
It’s ok
Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2019
Location I was in and the person I worked with was great but when it came to the person making the schedules.... that person was not nice nor helpful.
Great place to work in Reston.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 30, 2019
Throughout me career I have had a few jobs. This by far is the best place I have ever worked. They really give employees the opportunity to make a difference.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Healthcare in general is tough
Supportive culture
RN Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 29, 2019
I'm loving the freedom and self motivation of home health again. I feel really supported and have been given the tools I need to help my career and company grow. Amazing group of coworkers here in Austin, Texas!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Austin Traffic
Horrible place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 28, 2019
Horrible management, long hours . Always getting mandated. Area supervisor unprofessional. Just overall a horrible company . And no real benefits . Don’t even work here unless you just need money and keep it until you find something else
Room for growth and a great learning opportunity
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 23, 2019
The Medical Team is an excellent company to work for. The leadership will invest in your development if you show initiative and a willingness to learn. I would recommend working for The Medical Team!
Not very honest people
Patient Care Technician/Home Health aide (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 22, 2019
I gave them a two weeks notice but when i went back to look on my site they put that they terminate me on my off day😒😒😒😳
I was talking to another manager about this situation and she said what it was they got mad with you.so that you would nt be able to get another job.
Pros
Working with the patients
Cons
People are not honest there.
Productive place of work
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMay 17, 2019
Really nice environment to work in. Everyone help each other. The company is a very nice company. There is room to grow they give you that opportunity.
Well appreciated and respected work environment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 15, 2019
Flexible work schedule, driving to help patients with their daily activity in their home. documentation completed each day. Working along side Registered nurses, chaplains, social workers, music therapy and massage therapy. Friendly work environment with exceptional staff with thorough training provided.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Mileage
Nice place with friendly co-workers and teamwork is our goal
Hospice Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 15, 2019
Good place to work with flexible schedule and time,with a team Co-workers.Having a swap form if you cannot work on your schedule day. Always covers shift that need to be covered
Pros
Free lunch if only you want
I love the medical team. I am a satisfied worker. I love the safe environments we are located in and I also like you can pick up overtime a lot.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMay 15, 2019
If you love helping others with a positive attitude for it than this job is for you. Come join our team, we more like family. This job you will get you where you need to be.
Stressful workplace
HHA - Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 13, 2019
In my opinion this company is all about the moneyThis is the worst company ever. How can you pay your employees minimum wage for orientation. They ask you what hours you are available to work but still put hours on your schedule that you do not agree to. Although you don’t have to accept the assignment but why ask me to put my availability on my application. If you turn down the hours it’s a possibility you may not get the hours you need to make a check. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, poor management
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 1, 2019
Management worked to accommodate my full-time schedule at hospital and were very understanding that I could only be a per-diem employee. Full time benefit package needs to be better.
Pros
Coworkers were great
Cons
Full Time benefit package was not great main reason I left
Don’t do it
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 26, 2019
The upper management in the corporate office is nothing but stuck up jerks and they all walk around with their noses in the air when they come into contact with the rest of the office. They’re even separated to the other half of the building so that you don’t have any direct contact with them. God forbid you speak to them directly without talking to your boss’s boss’s boss’s boss’s boss first. They don’t care about their aides. They don’t value them at all. There are thousands of dollars in owed money to aides who have worked that they are banking on the aides not being educated enough to know about since most of them are not from this country and don’t know how to read their paystubs. The company is also drowning in lawsuits, but keeps picking up new contracts to supplement for the millions they’re about to be losing. Trust me, upper management considers you disposable, don’t ask for a raise or compensation for extra hours, the answer is no and it’s “part of your job”. You will work well after clock out time on things you didn’t have time to do during the day and no one will care.
Pros
It paid my bills.
Cons
See below.
Poor Management
INTAKE COORDINATOR/Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2019
While working at The Medical Team, I was very unhappy with the supervisors and management. There was favoritism, lack of communication from supervisors, and never was there a job-well done when you went above and beyond to help patients or other co-workers. They only hone in on the mistakes you make and do not offer solutions to actually help you succeed. They wait until you are very much drowning in work before they mention any mistakes and then speak with you regarding them and do not offer any solution or help to make sure you are on the right track. They also, lack in management, and training. HR is not a confidential sanctuary that it should be. There is a lot of improvement that needs to be done. Ideas, and opinions are not truly wanted by the supervisors, and the work environment is very toxic and drama filled. I worked many hours over time and never once received compensation for those times.
Pros
hour lunches, garage parking
Cons
no paid overtime, lack of management, lack of communication, toxic environment
Med team
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 2, 2019
The medical team is a very good company but they are unfair in the way they pay they employees. I loved my co workers. They are always understaffed. It’s really no room for advancement other than a team lead which is only fifty cent added to your pay rate. The mandate like crazy.
Pros
Free lunch at Oakland building
Cons
Benefits suck
good place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 26, 2019
learned and improved mental health nursing skills, communication with various healthcare providers, educated patients on medications and self- management.
It was okay
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2019
It's been so long since I worked there they I dont know what to write in this review. A job is a job, you show up, work, get paid, repeat. The old people loved me
No Job Security Poor Regional Management
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIFebruary 6, 2019
The Regional Management is very bias. Very unprofessional. I worked at the West Bloomfield location. The job isn’t worth the hassle they put you through
Pros
Light Work Load
Cons
Regional Manager
Pay is poor
Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Pay is terrible and you never get training. Only 2 supervisors there truly care about their employees and their patients the rest are no good. The only thing that kept me there was my patients who I loved but unfortunately I left to a better job opportunity.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Medical Team. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight