The MENTOR Network Employee Reviews

I love the mentor net work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSOctober 18, 2018
The mentor net work is a awesome job love it but you have to love the people we serve aswell the mentor network is awesome place to work and I plan on staying there
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
i enjoyed working with handicap kids
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 18, 2018
The Mentor Network is a challenging but rewarding experience. I loved the hours, the pay but most of all the experience of working with developmentally disabled children and adults.
Overworked and underpaid
Senior A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAOctober 13, 2018
Management is very unprofessional, people that deserve raises and promotion are looked over. There is very little training before you are thrown into doing the job by yourself. No one is held accountable for there work..
Time stands still
Program Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KYOctober 12, 2018
Either your in our your not. I just do my 40 and go home. That's why I keep my job. I come do my time speak to those that want to be spoken to and go home. It is a job that has potential to be an awesome job but nepitism puts a bad taste in my mouth.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Bad people to work with
Horrible management horrible work environment and horrible coworkers
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAOctober 11, 2018
The clients along with the coworkers did nothing but gossip. Pay was horrible and ridiculous. Management was awful. Forced clients to do activities. It sucked
Pros
Cons
Pay, no lunch breaks, no benefits, drama
Working at PA Mentor has its pros and cons
Recertification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Broomall, PAOctober 10, 2018
As a recertification coordinator, a typical day of work includes overseeing and managing all foster homes in our designated areas. Duties include notifying program service coordinators of health and safety assessment due dates, conducting health and safety assessments for homes without clients or with clients which we do not provide case management services, auditing and maintaining mentor/foster parent files, providing foster parents with required training material for each quarter of our fiscal year, and completing background checks. Additionally, I am responsible for maintaining files for the clients which we do not provide case management services to - something that I was unaware of until a month in a half into starting at mentor. I have 8 years of experience in counseling/direct support and wanted to break away from that in order to pursue an administrative career path, which this position has allowed me to do. Management is okay. My direct supervisor is a joy to work with and everyone else in management that I’ve met is very helpful and kind. I, also, enjoy being around my coworkers and find the environment to be extremely welcoming and nonjudgmental. The hardest part of this job is feeling as though I don’t get paid enough for the amount of work I do, which is A LOT. I, also, find it difficult to wear more than just my position’s hat. However, I really enjoy the work that I do and I think that combined with the environment that I’m in is the best part of working here.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement, salary pay + overtime, phone use reimbursement, helpful and friendly management and colleagues, room for growth
Cons
Expensive healthcare plans, poor communication, being on-call, travel/commute to provider homes, low pay
i felt like the company was not for the folks
uum (Former Employee) –  Benwood, WVOctober 10, 2018
I worked for the company for 20 + years and i liked my job if there would have been pay raise i would still be there i was very had multiple jobs filing scanning took care of the books and entered billing and tracked down paper work helped with audits a lot of people
office people have multiple jobs to do and have a hard time doing there jobs good because they can not keep up with all the jobs getting thrown at them and they struggle and do there best i had several good supervisors
Pros
flexablity
Cons
turn overs
God awful
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Brainerd MinnesotaOctober 10, 2018
This is the worst place I have ever worked my pay is horrible my hours are horrible everything about this is just horrible I have never worked a worse or job in my entire life care about me my management doesn't care about me nobody does I would never recommend this job to anybody I make 950 an hour I have been doing this for 2 years but I don't want to do it anymore
Very well run group home. Loved working with clients
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 9, 2018
Hated to leave this job and the company but relocated to Pa. Wanted to transfer but the closest group home to work in my area was 45 minutes away. I enjoyed the job I did. Felt very rewarding to work with clients.
Pros
Being able to make the clients happy and enjoy there time with staff
Cons
Always short staffed
fun place to work
Direct care staff (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2018
If you like working with people then this is the right job for you. You will grow to love the patients as if they are family members. You will always have a job as long as you put the patient's needs first.
You work in clients house
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 8, 2018
This was in home care for individuals with developmental disabilities. Cooking cleaning and all day to day activities. Taking people to appointments or their jobs and making sure there day to day needs are taken care of.
Not the best company
Life Skills Trainer for The Mentor Network (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLOctober 7, 2018
I worked for Neuro Restorative for over 6 years and I can say I learned a lot. Also, management has changed and the managers there have been there for some time. Meaning they had worked in almost every position there and understand the stressfulness of the job, however they have no support from there bosses and the pay is horrible. I worked with their behavioral clients and they are some of the worst. It is not a job that everyone can do and the company does not care if you get hurt or injured. They do not care if you are attacked and beaten by one of there clients. I have seen and been injured myself and the lack of care that is given to the workers is very sad. No matter how hard you work it is never enough for them.
Pros
My supervisors and mangers were awesome and understood how stressful the job was
Cons
No breaks, a lot of mal-adaptive behaviors, no team work, no upper management support, poor raises, unclean work place
Don't work at Mentor!
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 4, 2018
I would not recommend working for Mentor. The management does not care about the staff. The management does not listen to staff concerns. The upside is the clients are taken good care of.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Horrible management
Not worth it Run Far Away
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 1, 2018
This company is always hiring and there's a reason. Stay far away. With little to no training you are thrown into a residential and expected to do therapy and cover homes that are lacking therapists. Clients are inappropriately placed because agency is for profit all about the money. Therapists safety is at risk and upper management is very rude and non supportive. This company is far from ethical. Staff are verbally abusive to clients and therapists input doesn't count. Several houses closed which doesn't secure job. Please listen and stay far away. It's not worth your license or saftey.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, upper management, safety
Terrible place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 29, 2018
Stressful environment. Top management have NO clue what’s happening at the centers. People are being fired on the spot. No reason. Just because the mid level managerial staff has personal agenda. Disgusting and unprofessional
Pros
None. Nothing good to say
It was very interesting
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CASeptember 22, 2018
It was very interesting working here. I enjoyed working with the individuals you have no other choice but to fall in love with their different personalities..I learned a lot working here...but my biggest surprise was the staffing/employees such beautiful staff everyone got alone the staff is not only loving to the clients but to eachother...but of course where there is greatness failure is somewhere lurking and that would be managment yup...I would recommend this location if management was not horrible...and also if your s student I would only recommend part time this job will eat you your day..
Pros
Awesome environment awesome staff weekends off
Cons
To many rules changes and management
The Indiana Mentor
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2018
The Indiana Mentor was good place to work because my office fostered a culture of development and self improvement. The company genuinely had the care of the client and the families at heart. The company provided great training and they understood the importance of a strong inter office culture.
A Starting Place For Anyone Interested In Caregiving
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Gold Beach, ORSeptember 19, 2018
Working for the MENTOR network was a unique and invaluable experience in my life, both times! I worked here twice, the first time for a year and a half and the second for six months. The clients were quite quirky and amicable, quite literally the best part of the job was spending hours with the clients. The first time I worked here I worked full time and was left with nearly no time to myself(125 hour paycheck though); The second time I worked here I was already working full time at another business so only worked part time. The management tended to be a bit catty, superficial and relatively unconcerned with the main goal of the company: To provide excellent care.
Pros
Lots of different positions to work, career advancement possibilities, free training, a whole lot of learning
Cons
Poor management, relatively low pay; somewhat demanding physically, mentally, emotionally and time-wise
Change
Manager (Current Employee) –  MASeptember 17, 2018
There is a lot of change, but it is done with the employees and the clients in mind. This company does try to do it's best, but it is a large company and of course things happen or fall by the wayside, such as training, consistency in practices, communication and following proper safety protocols. Your experience with this organization will largely depend on the team/dept your work for.
Low pay, high turn over, unprofessional, high patient to nurse ratio
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 12, 2018
High turn over rate making the staff incompetent from human resource to dsp, low pay, no pay raise whatsoever, no night and weekend differential, majority of patient are wheelchair bound or quadplegic, you will need to get use to patient with developmental disabled age range Can be from small children to adult but most are adult, human resource doesn’t know what she is doing and never mail my check or sign a pay rate contract form, always afraid of identity theft due to the unorganiation of the office, it is understandable but absolutely no phone allowed or risk of being fired
Benefits
Cons
As describe above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The MENTOR Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight