The MENTOR Network Employee Reviews

Supportive and advancement of clinical skills
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 17, 2018
This is a great introductory to the RN looking for eventual placement in the intensive care units, primarily, a medical intensive care unit and/or a neurosurgical intensive care unit. Great environment and autonomy.
Pros
A lot of autonomy and competitive salary.
Cons
You have to be confident in your skill set, the RN assumes role of RT, Cowcn, and RN.
The Mentor Network
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 16, 2018
I did not like the fact that employees had to use their personal cars to transport consumers. The pay is minimum wage but, the company gives you opportunities to advance in the company.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation builds over the years
Cons
Programs sometimes do have enough staff to support their consumers
Poor place of employment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVDecember 15, 2018
The hourly wage is a joke. There are no chances for a raise. The DSP’s are ran like dogs. PC’s don’t want to do their job ever. Other staff will sleep on the job, abuse the clients, or other possible termination acts, and WONT get in trouble for it. They will let anyone and everyone work there because they are always so desperate for employees due to the incredibly high turnover rate. Would not recommend this job at all.
Pros
Cons
The job itself
Do not work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belton, MODecember 15, 2018
You will not advance by working here . Everyone isn’t a team play it felt like I was back in high school with the dean the manager wanted you to tell in others which wasn’t in my job description to do they work you like Hebrew slaves they don’t appreciate the work that you do
Pros
Insurance
Would work here again
Area Liaison Manager (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJDecember 14, 2018
Best part of this job is helping clients and their families who have experience brain damage.

They will pay well if you have experience and perform well.

They have a team approach which protects the company from turnover.
Pros
Large company, can relocate easily. Job Security +
Cons
Slow to make needed corporate improvement
Terrible
Rn (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 13, 2018
Managers / Supervisors are demeaning. Gossip, name call, sometimes very vulgar, never give you feed back to improve, expect the salary staff to work 24/7, ignore problems. Cover up medication errors, no integrity, no raises, spend company money like it was their own, ran person errands during the work day but expected you to cancel your Dr appt if it was inconvenient for them. People you serve keep you there. Dont work there.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Supervisors are abusive.
Pay is terrible!!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 12, 2018
We had a new handicap home move next door to are facility and the handicap home got paid $12.00 per hour versus are $11.00 and hour. Pay is low work is ridiculous.
Work place culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 5, 2018
Lack of accountability, with regards to standard nursing documentation. Smokers take 6 to 10 smoke breaks in a 12 hour shift. Administrator is a micromanager, that has favorites.
Pros
Flexibility with scheduling when you want to work during a week
Cons
Often hard to find time to get a break and lunch
Im more intrested in veterinary work but would be come a caregiver again
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORDecember 5, 2018
I am more interested in veterinary work I did love caregiver work because I had a very special client I cared for dearly it made the job worth every minute
Pros
Special client
Cons
I want to be a veterinary assistant
This place is a joke
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHDecember 4, 2018
The pay is terrible I’ve worked here for almost three years still making the same pay as I started. But not being able to get a single raise is ridiculous. I mean come on I busted my butt working all kinds of hours picking up extra shifts just to support my family! I hated working here. The individuals I loved but we go through so much with the individuals that it turns into a stressful situation. The management is just upsetting and terrible all the way around and don’t even care about you as a whole!
Pros
Cons
Everything here sucks with this company
Worst company I've ever worked for
Case worker (Current Employee) –  SCDecember 3, 2018
Upper Management is awful. No support, not helpful at all. Salary is insulting. Fear of retribution if you say anything. Run far away from this agency.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Where do I begin??
The company has potentials
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 3, 2018
I've been working for The Mentor Network for 4 years now while going to school to advance my career. It's a good job to have temporarily but not for the long run.
Most painful job of my life
Employee (Former Employee) –  Baxter, MNDecember 1, 2018
Upper management is horrible, Program Director and above.
They have "layers" in the company, so they treat you horribly and then gaslight you, making you feel like you're worthless and wrong.
The direct support "professionals" I've worked with are bottom of the barrel scum who will spend more energy avoiding doing important tasks than the actual task requires.
I feel bad for the individuals who live in the homes in this company.
Don't work here, don't move your family here.
Pros
Amazing individuals
Cons
Everything but the individuals
Lack of defined guidelines for all employees
DSP II (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 30, 2018
Your upfront investment for training is unfair to the employee. The main reason you look for work is for money. If you are required to seek training out of town, the expenses add up very quickly. The company is unwilling to give you reimbursement but has a hard time keeping quality employees due to their demands above and beyond caregiving.

While working, you do get attached to the clients.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Corporate games and lack of compassion for the caregiver
I enjoyed my job
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 28, 2018
I enjoyed my job it was hard but very rewarding. I felt that after having this position I knew I wanted to continue with helping people. I wanted and still do want to further my education and fulfill my lifelong dream
Never worked at a Job where i made less every year worked.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 26, 2018
Persons being Served are AWESOME. Co-Workers are great!! Program Director and PAC's are Great too! California Mentor Management sucks. No Cola Raises, they take away certain pay rates in Retaliation against DSP for asking for better wages, then blames it on the Regional Center.
Pros
Spend the day with Wonderful People.
Cons
Everything.
Money hungry company. You know who this is!!
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 26, 2018
I have slaved since 2014. During those 4 years I have worked 60-70 hrs/week. The president makes 1M a yr while I haven’t had a raise once. Give me a 2$ raise you greedy people! The Mentor Networks stock peaked in 2016 and has steadily declined since. 2019 will be the worst year for stock market, and it looks like their looking into selling? In my home that I work at there is suppose to be 6 staff on the schedule, we’ve only had 3. Management never hires people, yet sends them on their way with a link for online application. No emergency to him. Let me and other staff suffer from their families while he makes salary 50k a year. Most people aren’t fit for this job. They lack actual compassion for the people we serve. I clean up after everyone as if a frat party just took place the past 8 hrs of work. The individuals are the ONLY shinning light in this field. That’s why I have stayed with them. They’re family to me. But my wife and kids miss me and I have to make a choice soon. Because this company is slowly flushing down the pit of $h1t. Good luck!
Pros
The individuals
Cons
Everything about this company. SERIOUSLY
rewarding, fun place to work
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 19, 2018
Every day is a new a fun adventure. Working with the individuals, helping them with their skills, and watching them grow is rewarding. Meeting the families that love and support them is an experience that will last a lifetime. Being apart of that growth makes every hard day disappear.
Pros
flexible schedule, room for advancement, supportive management
Cons
pay, short staffed
Relaxed and Fun
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 17, 2018
I have worked with the Mentor Network in Salem for three years now. Is it always great? No! Like any location it definitely has trying times. But the good definitely out weighs the bad. My House Manager is incredible, she is always willing to work with me when i need a day off or one of my children are sick. The consumers are great, and are so kind and sweet. The Pay could definitely be better, and that is my major complaint with the company, but you definitely don't get in to this field to get rich. All in all, I love this company.
Pros
Consumers, Managerment, Willing to work with Schedules
Cons
Pay
Proceed with caution
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 15, 2018
I worked with mentor network for six years. I worked for a few different programs within the network. I recently was working SLS. I've ran into various problems here from payroll to management. Don't waste six years like I did. I put my resume out there and found a company that is the complete opposite of Mentor Network. Mixed communication, low pay, no room for growth unless your considering management and numerous problems with my hours and paycheck is what you get with Mentor Network. Proceed with caution.
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The MENTOR Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight