The MENTOR Network Employee Reviews

A rewarding place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMay 20, 2019
I have worked at the Mentor Network for going on 8 years. This is by far the best place for anyone starting out as a CNA (like I did). The staff works together and is always eager to help. CNAs work 12 hrs shifts and believe me it was hard to adjust. It gets easier and the level of care you can provide to these patients is awesome! It is very rewarding to be here and still be here.
Pros
Teamwork, small client base
Cons
Turnover
nuero
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMay 20, 2019
The day is unorganized, I learned that each individual has to be handle different, I learned that even as a team everyone will not see eye to eye. The hardest part about this job is not having enough team players.
Dsp
Dsp (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2019
What is good about this company is if you need to relocate , Mentor has many locations. However the pay in this field in general should be higher than minimum wage . I feel this is not a minimum wage job ... you actually must want to work with those in need. Some individuals are more complex than others. The group homes only offer up to 4days a week 32hrs. It is almost impossible to live off of 32hrs...I wish they offered more hours . I do like that the day program staff can help the facilities. This is a rewarding job and the individuals make it worth it.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Not enough hours in homes, bad paying job
slow boring
LST (Current Employee) –  Castalian Springs, TNMay 18, 2019
some staff are allowed to do college work on company time.looking for another job... ready for something else even if it means less money.people are nice.lack of leadership from administration.
Pros
it s a job
Cons
it s a job
Don’t waste your time.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 16, 2019
Dedicated ten years to this company. They do not care about the mission. Allowed management to use the company credit card for there own purchases. Denied my time off when my mother passed. Always screwed up on the employees pay and did not know anything about CA laws.
Pros
Cons
No culture, poor management, low pay, they don’t pay ot
Work in a nature filled environment.
RN (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 15, 2019
It is a unique experience and not for everyone. But, if you like walking on beautiful strolls between cabins and one on one interactions with clients, it maybe good for you.
Pros
Overtime if you want it.
Great company but pay is not sufficient enough for work that is needed to complete job
Skills Trainer/ Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMay 13, 2019
Hours are long but worth if this your desire career field. Days can be taxing at times; so you must be leveled headed to work in this company but I would recommend for others.
Stressful and potentially dangerous
LIFE SKILLS TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMay 12, 2019
took care of patients
was not paid enough
some patients were violent
there was a potential of getting seriously harmed
Some coworkers were mean to patients
Pros
free food
Cons
patients could be harmful
Management is horrid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 11, 2019
Clients and co-workers were amazing! Management lacking from the program managers all the way! There was absolutely no support! One member of the management team was an influence on the entire core group of management! Was not worth the stress and low pay! Benefits were a complete joke! If you are thinking about working here RUN the other way!!
Pros
Clients and Co-Workers
Cons
Management and Benefits
Friendly environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 10, 2019
Good environment to work but pretty much it’s up to you because every job is different so you can set the tone to how you are going to work. Small facility but enjoyable.
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Small parking lot
Wonderful clients, abhorrent management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MNMay 6, 2019
The good:
Some of the clients I worked with are the sweetest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet, and especially share 8+ hours of a day with.

We were allowed to eat the food that they eat as well.

As you work, you acrue hours for paid time off. I got a week of paid vacation time, last year.

You can get paid to go out and do things with them, for example, going to a sporting event and they buy the tickets for you.

Health insurance was available, but not affordable.

The bad:
In the 4 years that I worked for the company, we were severely understaffed for 95% of that time. If you like being given more tasks to complete than humanly possible in an 8 hour time frame, then this is perfect for you! When we told the upper management they just shrugged and basically told us too bad. I worked in a building with 12 clients divided among 4 apartments. Many days we worked with 3 staff in the entire building (typically, it should be 6 or 7). Most of the clients are heavily disabled (in wheelchairs) and require a lot of assistance, ie 2 people are required to transfer 1 person in a wheelchair.

We all got a raise once...only because the state raised wages everywhere. Otherwise, no matter how long you are with them, they will NEVER raise your pay.

The management is a complete joke. Many of our staff neglected and mistreated some of the clients, but whenever management was told, it was swept under the rug. I literally was told to not "tattle tale" by our manager.

One particular client was violent, attacking the others living in the building, as well as staff.
  more... I have scars on my arm from her. In my opinion and of some of my former coworkers, she was too violent to be living with so many other people.

Overall:
Great field, if you are compassionate and want to help others for a living, this position is great! Just please do it for another company.
Pros
Great clients, paid time off, free food, outings paid for by them
Cons
Understaffed, terrible management, low wages
Horrible management
LST (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 1, 2019
Good company bad management dont work here you will end up leaving in short notice management tries to get over on staff and over work them mean and rude
Pros
Guys were fun
Cons
Management and staff
Awful place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 1, 2019
I was a program manager and was unable to staff the house as needed and did not have any support from upper management to fill hours needed and usually worked 55+ hours per week.
Pros
My direct supervisor was absolutely amazing!
Cons
Upper management was only looking out for the company and not the people they serve.
Stressful tons of hours not really worth it for the small pay
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 27, 2019
Beware, management may seem appealing here but it's an awful job you're never not on call for. Being a caregiver gives you more control of your life for less pay.
Pros
Day program has good Mon through Fri hours
Cons
Get constant calls and cover tons of shifts
Negative work environment, poor management
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hodges Cluster Jacksonville FlApril 25, 2019
Poor, negative, hostile, management is crooked, poor morale, very dishonest work environment. there are simple thing that could make the company better no one in interested in improvement a least no the ones that can make a different
Pros
the clients are wonderful
Cons
Bad Management
Best place ever!!!!
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTApril 19, 2019
I have been with the facility since it opened. I have been able to advance my career and feel completely supported by floor staff, administration, as well as corporate. I couldn't ask for a better team to ensure our patients the best quality care. I am so thankful that I look forward to going to work everyday with such incredible people.
Pros
great people, great food, best patient outcomes
Ok for a beginner
Program Assistant I (Former Employee) –  34 Hancock st Dorchester Mass 02125April 18, 2019
I like working there, I would like to work at place where a can grow professionally . I have been working there for a long time.
Just recently 1$ +
Pros
Near my home
Cons
Lack of professional
Flexible schedule and room for growth
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 18, 2019
Working for the MENTOR network gives you a flexible schedule and they always look to hire within before looking outside the agency. With that being said, that does not always bring in qualified applicants for the job, nor is there any formal training for any positions following the entry level position. There are a lot of things that go unnoticed and unspoken for.
Dsp
CNA, DSP 1,2 (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 14, 2019
The job doesn't give a sensitive to people that's been there the longest it keep the people that been there the longest longest the same pay rate as a new people I think that is not fair I think that the people have been there too long as get the extra and a little bonus just for being there the longest through all the mess
Pros
Cool place to work
Cons
No worker
Don't work here.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2019
As someone who had extensive expierence working with those whom have disabilities I was looking forward to the clients I would have. To this day I still care deeply about my clients, however I the attitude of my peers I work with is extremely unprofessional. I have never seen staff treat humans so badly & their peers as well. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
clients
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The MENTOR Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss