The MENTOR Network
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

The MENTOR Network Pay & Benefits reviews

Featured review
The MENTOR Network selected this as a representative review
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Great place to work. I've worked for a few companies similar to this one. This one is by far the best one I've encountered. Great staff, supportive management.
We need new management. DON doesn’t know how to run the place. There is no sign of appreciation from her. She shows favoritism . Can’t be trusted to suction patients. New hires get better compensation that long time employees. But other than that everything is great.
Pros
Patient ratio
Cons
Pay/ management
If you have a strong passion for people this is a good job, pay is ok and hours are flexible per patient. Submitting hours weren’t always easy.
Pros
Hours, flexibility.
Cons
Pay, no PTO/benefits.
I have been working for this company for quite some time and all I can say to anyone considering this company, think before you apply. Get your experience and get out. Two things they don't tell you during your interview are they only pay minimum wage and you will NEVER get a raise. You could be here working as a DSP for 10 years and someone can get hired, walk in the front door and you will be making the exact same pay. There is no room for advancement, constantly fighting with admin trying to get paid for hours you put in because the clock in machine broke down again, and you are always always ALWAYS overworked and underpaid. I love what I do, don't get me wrong. It's a joy and a privilege being a part of the clients lives and seeing how happy they get to see you when you come in to work, but the company needs some to do some serious thinking. There is a REASON why you're always putting job ads up, why you're always short staffed. My suggestion to all the higher ups. Don't ask office managers and administrators what you can do to bring in more potential employees, talk to the staff who work in the houses. Talk to the staff who work directly with the clients, who are part of the residents lives each and every day. WE are the ones who know exactly what is going on and why this company is always struggling. Talk to your essential employees who work overtime because there is no one to come in for the next shift. Talk to your workers who keep the houses running so that the residents have a place they can call home. Ask your house managers and dsps what you as administrators can - more...
Pros
The smiles on the clients faces and knowing you're making a difference in their lives
Cons
Never any raises or bonuses, constantly overworked and short staffed, and did i mention the pay?
They give me the hours, pay and benefits that I need. I also work with a client not far from home that is convenient. My journey here for 2 months so far has been nothing but great❤
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good place to work, Has a lot of pros and just a few cons. It’s not an easy job however, and can have short bursts of time where it can be very challenging. The people in the company are genuine caring people, and they will help you as much as they can! The only true issue with the position is that it doesn’t pay very much at all. Unfortunately you could make more hourly pretty much anywhere, but if you do it because you love it, it’s amazing!
The individuals are the best part of the job, but that is not enough to say it’s a great place to work. You are often over worked and underpaid. They are so short staffed that you are always working extra shifts and working so many hours and as a Program Director you do not get paid for overtime. There is little support from management. Your work life and outside work life are typically one in the same because you don’t really have a life outside of this job because you are always working.
Pros
Individuals, mileage reimbursement
Cons
Lots of overtime, very little support
The clients are fun and make the job worth it. But no raises and very high turnover. If you can be ok with low pay and being short staffed, then this job could be really great!
Pros
The clients are fun!
Cons
Very low pay and high turnover
its just to much. . the clients are too much and the expectations are way to high. always short staffed and lacking true communication. as as always the back stabbing BH
Pros
friendly mangagment
Cons
to much work for the pay
This practice is poorly ran by management, the wage does not match the work that is expected of you. People treat new people like GARBAGE, Training is very limited its swim or sink.. I WOULD RATHER WORK IN FAST FOOD.. NO RAISES OR REVIEWS EVER..
Official response from The MENTOR Network
March 25, 2021
Dear Former Employee,We appreciate you writing us a review. We are sorry to hear you felt unsatisfied with your work experience here. We aim to create a supportive environment based on the respect and partnerships of the people we serve and all employees to benefit one another. Please know we continue to work on various efforts to improve our operations and ourselves as an employers. If you have any further complaints or concern regarding your previous work environment, we encourage you to call our Compliance Hotline at 1-800-297-8043.Sincerely,Employee Engagement Team
Wholeheartedly believe Mentor is one of the greatest places I've worked in a long time. I can be proud of the work Mentor does. I believe in the Mentor name and I look forward to working here for the long term.
This is a place that will be little you, degrade you, and literally make you feel like you’re not important.. which in fact you are not after being there for many years I was not at all valued as a staff, with hardly ANY raises. I was quoted “as long as you are in the field you will not make anymore money.. anywhere” There are no bonuses.. nothing. You will be ran dry! With more and more responsibilities added on.. when other people are unable to do a task.. it’s dumped onto you. When 1 gets a raise you all get a raise. I honestly and sadly do not recommend this company.
Pros
Meals are free, clients are great. the individual there have ups and downs. That’s to be expected.
Company has some great employees. But the management needs to work on learning how to properly pay the employees and how to hire good employees instead of just anyone. High turn around. Too much drama and talking about others.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Not properly managed
The Mentor Network is a nice place to work. The people at all levels are courteous and helpful and the work is meaningful. The pay rate/salary could be more competitive.
Pay not up to market standards. No annual pay raises make it hard to look to build on accomplishments when their is no incentives to do so. Poor communication from the top down. Field many times does not know what the processes and policies are from an operational standpoint.
Great place to work, great working environment. everyone works as a team The company offers great benefits. I would recommend this place to work to anyone
A good place to work with decent culture. Only complaint would be compensation but everything else is good. As long as you make your monthly requirements things are quiet.
I have been here less than a year and I really enjoy working here.. at times can be overwhelming but not all the time. Insurance is way too high, pay is okay, could be better! Employees, are very supportive of one another and managers are typically understanding. Plenty room to grow. :)
Work is monotonous in Finance/Accounting once you pass the learning curve. No work rotation, not much room for growth, and no focus on career development. Divide between management and lower level employees is apparent. Pay is standard, benefits below standard (401k match and vacation are weak, no student loan repayment offered, etc.)
Great work! The company offers great opportunities for advancement and training. They give you many options for training such as CNA class and HHA. Also they provide Med Tech classes. Good benefits including 401k with company matching. Outstanding leaders. One of the best leaders in the industry. Flexibility in my work.
Great place to work. Supervisors are flexible and helpful. Training is not the greatest but you learn as you go. Can be overwhelming at times with a lot of to do's but the pay is good and fair.