The Michaels Organization
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

The Michaels Organization Employee Reviews

The Michaels Organization insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Everything is good!

I love learning new things and I love how my manager lets me know what I did wrong and how I can improve on it. I just wish we had more people to help out with the workload.

Pros

Awesome health benefits, Long lunches.

Cons

Loads of work

Great pay but there is no off switch

The pay and benefits are second to none but you never really get time off to decompress. You are always on call, always bothered and leadership isn't afraid to tell you that. The Senior Leadership team is filled with a bunch of drunks and play favorites without a doubt.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Hostile work environment with no off switch

No leadership

Very poor upper management no leadership, training or direction they just throw everything at you and if you make a mistake throw you under the bus I would not recommend even applying For a position at this company you used and abused until you realize it and run out the door His salary is very poor to compared to other properties in the area

Poor management

Discrimination,Gossiping and will set you up for failure! Very short handed. Definitely a struggling location of work. Pay is very low. Customer service is temporary, most of the time it’s a facade in-front of the residents face.

Pros

Hour long lunch

Cons

Overworked, underpaid

Nice place

Interview was good the manager and people are great. Everyone work hard only negative is the pay is low which definitely is a reason for so much turn over.

Pros

Work life balance, co workers are great

Cons

Pay is low compared to non military housing and no incentive

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Very poor management

Very disappointed & dissatisfied with management. Culture @ michaels is very “weird”. It seems that they would rather keep & promote dishonest & untrustworthy employees than honest ones.

Pros

The residents can be great at times

Cons

Untrustworthy company with bad managers.

Family/Work Life Balance

Great company to work for, very understanding of time off. Manager and teammates is very helpful. The company honor almost every holiday. 1 hour lunch.

Upper Management is no good

The building needs so much work, the tenants complain all the time about it but the office and management can only do so much without the backing and help of the company. We are to sit in the office everyday and tell the tenants "Soon" or "we're working on it" when we really are but again .. there's only so much. 2 or 3 maintenance workers isn't enough for a 12 FL building and basement, 113 tenants and a building that has been mismanaged and it literally falling apart. Instead of paying for contractors, plumbers, outside help, they tell maintenance to break down walls and fix pipes by themselves and still work on work orders or they'll have consequences. The pay for all of this is horrible for the amount of work, and God forbid you take shorter lunches, arrive early and leave later to work. And my yearly pay is not what I get at all, bi-weekly pay doesn't equal to my annual pay .. before taxes!

Pros

Hour long breaks

Cons

Under pay, horrible upper management, fend for yourselves

Wonderful, Team Oriented Company!

I have absolutely loved my time with Michaels. Office culture is very inclusive and they love to have a good time. Management is pretty hands off which is great if you're a self starter.

Great place if you’re young

Overall TMO was a great place to work. I loved the people I came into work everyday to see. The only con is corporate, money hungry and number driven. There was absolutely no room for advancement even after staying with them even through the high turnover rate

the organization

the organization and company overall is pretty decent. it was the work environment i was apart of specifically. the manager at the time was very rude and care free. was nearly on vacation every other week. But when it came time for me to request time off it was always about her.

Pros

good company

Cons

bad managers

There's no place like it!

I worked with Michaels for almost 10 years before leaving for personal reasons (not work related) and had the opportunity to experience working for another couple of companies. I can truly attest to the fact that Michaels is like no other. I recently returned to the company and it was like coming home. Michaels is family oriented, very interested in seeing their employees trained and well equipped for the work we do on a daily basis. Several opportunities for growth, recognition, and giving back to the communities we serve are available to us. I love Michaels and recommend anyone who has the opportunity to go after an opening certainly do so!

Pros

Training, Supportive Company, Growth

Its work!

Management is weird and work orders fall behind. Supervisors need more backbone and say in the men they are over. Things would go alot smoother if there was less micromanagement from above, not on ground.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Buddy system

Too much asked of their employees

This is a good company, however their parent companies under them are very poor. Employees aren’t treated very well on a day to day basis. They do dangle the carrot of providing team building once a year, but really not worth what you go through on a daily basis

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Very low pay and stressful

Not bad. Convenient if you live in the building.

Decent job for a college student or recent college grad. As a leasing agent you will deal with a lot of phone calls and residents, so being patient is a must. Bonuses are nice, and you are rewarded for getting extra leases.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Mandatory weekend work (sometimes)

I enjoyed being with the company, but since it was a new property it was pretty slow, all in all great job.

I really regret leaving the position with TMO. I reapplied, but was turned down for whatever reason I don't know. I have 19 years experience with maintenance technician. I have worked on all kinds of properties, seniors property, section 8, student housing and multi family as, well as 38 years drilling oilfields. Why I was not rehired is beyond me, and I left on good terms.

Pros

Not having to work on washers and dryers

Cons

Micro managing, I know my job and do it well

Could Be better

They offer great benefits but The RPM made you feel like you were always on thin ice and could be fired at any moment. If you are given the chance to advance, you are not given much training and you have to figure it out on your own. Instead of helping or listening to you, they are quick to write you up. The pay is too low for the amount of work you have to do.

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

Not much room for growth, no job security, Pay

Corporate Management needs an overhaul.

Direct managers do not take responsibility for their actions that cause problems and put the blame on those working under their supervision. Not given all the tools necessary to succeed.

Pros

Workplace is nice.

Cons

Truth is not told. Not given all the tools needed to succeed.

Worker beware

I started and got sick and was fired while sick. Do not work for this company. You will regret it in the long run. I suggest staying far away from this company!!

The Michaels Organization is a great place to work. They are focused on team and the development of their employees and it greatly shows. Love the random days off/early outs. Love the floating holiday they offer.

Damaging and stressful

Management was more interested in finding something you did wrong then train you. Did everything they could to try and move you to the night shift. Where no one wanted to be.

Pros

Simple work

Cons

Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Michaels Organization. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

1.2
InHerSight Score
1.1Personal Development
1.4Career Opportunities
1.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight