The Midnight Mission

The Midnight Mission Employee Reviews

I loved working here. The wage was way lower than what I was originally offered. Leaving was sad, as I created deep bonds with fellow co-workers and clients.
Pros
Working with homeless community
Cons
Pay sucked
Amazing place to work bosses are amazing and truly care about their staff. There is room for growth many friendly faces and love what they do. Couldnt ask for more
Don’t take life for granted. Tomorrow isn’t promised to anyone, and anyone can become homeless it doesn’t always have to mean your on drugs life just has its way with people.
*Assist guest by answering various inquiries. *Constantly have to adapt to various situations. *It is an interesting place to work at because you are constantly adopting to various situations.
Pros
You get to help people.
Cons
Job requires a lot of patience in order to assist various typres of people.
it is christian based, alcohol/ drug facility and homeless people. A place for people to get there lives back together. multi-cultural staff members as well.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I like the Mission I'm learning from every experience I have and I am continuing to grow in knowledge expanding my horizons while meeting some pretty good and strong people
The Midnight Mission certainly has a strong legacy for helping people who suffer and struggle in poverty. I was a high performer with a great team and loved my job until the change in leadership in 2016. It was probably the worst change I've seen in my very lengthy career in nonprofit management and social work. With a new CEO in January 2016, I experienced regular threats of termination, abusive behavior, favoritism, retaliation for objecting to certain practices, and executive-level temper tantrums all of which caused an exodus of people who really cared about their work. Because I was regularly threatened, talked to very aggressively and unfairly, and otherwise impugned without cause for almost 1 year, I was forced to resign. Unbelievable anger / power & control issues at the executive level, questionable transparency, and dubious interactions with clients. Textbook HWE.
Working as an Administrative Assistant for the Midnight Mission because I attained communication skills and leadership skills assisting with office management and interpersonal relations among my coworkers and staff members.
There will be ppl that aren’t happy anywhere. Fast paced wk environment w/challenges. All the changes & new management it’s only improving the shelter.
Pros
Growth is unlimited if you have what it takes.
Cons
No matter where u are personalities of all walks will sometimes clash.
I worked there as a volunteer and it helped me a lot with communication to others and teamwork culture. The manager there is awesome and always full of spirit. You would prepare food, serve food to people and do clean up for a typical workday.
Pros
Free food sometime, get to learn how to handle kitchen ultensils
Cons
Occasionally there will be a shouting match between people, quite stressful during serving food hours
Experience with The Midnight Mission showed me the company was far too interested in saving money and hiring from within their substance use program to provide adequate services. Company was poorly managed from the top down, Most employees were not adequately experienced or trained to perform tasks and job assignments.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Poor Management, Poor pay scale
The time I spent working at the Midnight Mission was lifted me up to give back to a community that needed some support and help. that part of my life that I spent working down I will never forget and the opportunity I had to help someone other than my self
Very poor unprofessional management, lack of training regarding people's skills very much in need of facilities training, no protocols and much lack of respect
Pros
Helping the homeless
Cons
Very poor management
It's like a stepping stone it's really no future are they good for is helping you get housing I need more than that I need a better-paying job better benefits
Pros
Help you with your housing
Cons
Is no future
When Trying to get back into the work force this is the place to start to help get back into working. This can get you motivated and relearn how to work with others a d follow direction.
I am involved with feeding thousands of homeless, mentally ill and addicted individuals 2-3 times each week at the Midnight Mission. Each person I served, I look into his or her eyes and see how far I have come and where I am going. Coming full circle, it is now my turn to give back to the place that literally saved my life. I need to be of service not just by volunteering, but also by sharing about my condition and disease and becoming a role model to others. I have a story to tell about how mental illness and addiction can be overcome.
Pros
Full of Support
Cons
i did volunteer work her but the environment was amazing. the people care about other people and truly want to look after other people and make sure they are ok.
I was blessed with the opportunity to work closely with the Public Relations team as an Assistant Volunteer Coordinator scheduling volunteers to come in and serve meals to the community. I enjoy giving tours of the facility to potential donors and persons of interest. It is an honor and a privilege to represent the organization that has saved so many lives.
Pros
Great spiritual work with a purpose and an awesome PR team.
Cons
Not everyone is ready to be saved.
It'"s a volunteer job but the greatest job I ever had also helping people recover from Drugs and Alcohol.I have learned to cut waste and create meals below budget
Pros
helping people
Cons
no pay
alot of physical labor on a day to day basis. alot of team work working on an assembly line.
Patrolled areas around Mission looking for any illegal activitys going on or around main building. Counted guests for meals and kept in contact with chefs and management.
Pros
Free room and board, got along with co-workers.
Cons
Dealt with unruly and uncooperative guests.