The Mike Ferry Organization Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
"Difficult with Excessive Nepitism"
Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2018
Family owned and Run organization that has no consistent processess in place. It is like a "free for all." As a sales consultant, your day begins at 7:30 am moving from one peer to another constantly role playing the sales pitch..BORING and REPETITIVE.
You stand all day in an out bound call center. The offices are nice but FILLED with constant Drama and Deceit. Nepitism, nd UNDERMINIG are ENGRAVED in the business cullture.The REWARDS do NOT offset the RISK with this company. It is TOXIC!!
Pros
Cons
Too Many to Quantify
Positive work environs-call center
leader and top producer in my training class (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2018
The Company runs on the Mike Ferry system religiously, I was on my 3rd manager in 6 months and the current one was not feeling good about his job security. Call center environs-positivity is stressed and its a good place to learn sales.
Amazing Opportunity
Contracts/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2018
Amazing Opportunity! Learning valuable skills to excel in a professional environment. Knowledge gained can be applied in any industry! You are rewarded and appreciated for the passion you put into the organization.
Pros
Learning Opportunities, Benefits, Fun Environment
Cons
Day Off Requests
Great company
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2018
The people there are very team oriented, great CEO and President. Driven leadership team, they take care of you if you take care of them! Stick with them, they are loyal employers.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Bosses are always out of the office
Temporary Gig
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2018
Just a warning. This company has a high turnover.. in my time there I saw at least 30% of the employees on my team get laid off.

Instead of fixing the real issues (management), they always blame their employees and keep changing them out.

Watch out. there's a few cats there monitoring everything and report to the owners (since the owners are hardly there).. and these cats probably decide if you're going to stay or not.. and they will sell you out in no time! Be careful who you talk to!
Awful place. Management micro managed to every level. Backstabbing employees. No loyalty
Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2018
This is the worst place to work. President humiliated employees and pays employees to snitch on others. HR is a joke. Manager USA wimp who has no support for the employees. No words can describe the horror of working at this company
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Too many to list
Empowering Fast Paced Current Company
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2018
Great place to work, the offices are open and clean.
You are empowered to do your job and use your brain.
Treated with respect.
Lots of fun activities for the staff.
Upward mobility for those who do a good job and apply themselves.

Tools needed to do your job are readily available.

Motto is work while you are her and enjoy your home life when you are not.
Pros
Empowered
Cons
Good place to refine your sales skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2018
It was a good place to work at while I was there. The Sales Manager is a good guy and genuinely wants to help you succeed in selling more tickets.

You get some excellent sales training material and you have a week of training when you start to get you ready to sell! You'll have a pretty good understanding of the system you're selling by the time you finish your training.

I wish you had more vacation time, though. Sometimes it'd be really stressful to meet your numbers because the database doesn't get updated too often and you're working with pretty bad leads. Other than that, it was a good work environment and I enjoyed helping people succeed with their professional goals.
Pros
Fun coworkers, great training material, lots of breaks, free coffee
Cons
No 401k, two weeks paid vacation only, unoptimized database
Very stressful environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2018
You work hard at MFO. But the challenges that the people are very clicky and unfriendly. They have no problem in stabbing you in the back making negative comments and making you feel like you don’t belong. There is no chance of advancement in this company because nobody stays there long enough to be able to climb up the ladder. Out of 40 employees only five or six have been there longer than a year. They terminate people Very quickly without giving them a chance. Very micromanaged in every department. Absentee owners president and CEO. Don’t quit another job to join this company. It is temporary.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Micromanaged. Unfriendly coworkers
First Class Organization
Real Estate Training Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 10, 2017
Very professional organization, high level sales job involving outbound sales calls to a targeted list. The company provided excellent sales training and support. Lots of perks. Very fast paced, high energy office environment.
Pros
Excellent training and positive environment
Cons
Not enough time to grow within the organization.
Excellent Opportunity for Skill Acquisition & Refinement
Frontend Developer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2017
Pros:

- Positive culture and pleasant coworkers.
- Constant exposure to one of the best sales systems in the world.
- Free coffee and tea in the break room.
- You get a 15 minute break in the morning and afternoon.
- Paid holiday time off for at least 1 week if you've been employed for 90 days.
- Fun work events as thank you from upper management like Top Golf or potlucks.
- Most importantly: knowing your work positively impacts thousands of real estate professionals looking to improve their sales skills.

Cons:

- 8 to 5 workday instead of 9 to 5 for non-sales employees. Not a huge con, just a personal pet peeve. You get an hour of unpaid lunch but I'd prefer a 30 minute paid lunch and start an hour later.

Ultimately, I enjoy working here and I get along with all ~50 employees (usually a rare thing, there's no one I don't get along with... It's kinda weird to be honest). The hours are sane and while there's constant work to do, it's not stressful and I have a lot of autonomy in my position, which is great because I can work on improving systems and processes.
Pros
See above.
Cons
See above.
Unpleasant working conditions, had to stand all day
Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2017
Mandatory to stand all day while making calls to realtors to sell real estate seminars. Cult-like atmosphere involving morning, after lunch and end of day meetings while chanting. Sales manager would speak in a derogatory manner to sales associates during meetings.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
Never able to sit down. Poor management
Not normal
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2017
The things that happened to me by the owner are so wrong I'm not going to go into it. It's night and day when they come in to the office vs if they are out of town. Fearful environment, you can't speak up or validate your reasoning, just take it, be screamed at and it's not even in private. Horrible place, sad waste of time.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Owner in your face
challenging
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2017
Challenging yet you will learn a lot if you have thick skin. Pay is great BUT you will earn it and rightfully so. Fast paced and stressful but once again if you can bare it then it is well worth it. I for one have nothing negative to say about my experience. They pay very well and are very fair. Just be prepared to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stressful
Great place to work and grow
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2017
Great place to work. Surrounded by successful people. Also mike ferry is the BEST real estate training and coaching company. They teach everyone from millionaires to avg people how to make money, and have a system so they can have a better lifestyle. It's up to you as a salesperson to convey that message. It's pretty easy to sell a product like this that actually has results. Go in with open mind and you'll make good money. You go in coachable you'll make even more. Good luck.
Pros
Out at 4:30, helping real estate agents grow to full potential, company parties, bonuses, huge potential for commission.
Don't plan on being here long
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2017
The pay and benefits do no out-weight the frustration of working for this company. The company structure is a mess and management is only looking out for themselves and will throw you under the buss, be prepared to be micro-managed and often assigned useless work. There is a reason why they have such huge turn around rates and filled with new hires. Do not plan on keeping this job regardless of how well you do, it has nothing to do with your performance. They can and will fire you for any reason, even if you do everything your told to and meet expectations.
Pros
Benefits, Holidays
Cons
Stability, Management, Owners, Micro-Managment
Over involved husband and wife owners
Collections Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2017
The work life balance and health insurance are great. The owners do over involve themselves and sell a product that is not useful.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
schedule and owners
Some what positive
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2017
Everyone walked around with a some what fake smiles on their face. Reminded me of the movie Stepford Wives. The organization tried to promote a positive atmosphere, which is good however it appeared that most were just faking, drinking the cool-aid so to speak. Overall an okay place to work but a bot stiff and uncomfortable most times.
Every day was so fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2016
When I got to work I started by sending in my daily reports for the day before. After that I would updated accounts. For the remainder of the day I would process orders and do whatever work came my way.
A typical day.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2016
A very fast paced company. Very well managed, and many areas to advance to. Wonderful people to work for. It was enjoyable to work there. I might even contact them again to return to work.
Pros
Benefits were good.
Cons
Raises could be more plentiful.