The MIL Corporation Employee Reviews

Not fun place to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDApril 18, 2019
Not very considerate of employee needs. Change job once hired and not very nice about changing. Would not recommend if looking for a job. Constantly monitored by management.
Not bad
full time employee (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 13, 2019
The project teams work well together, we don't hear much from the other groups or corporate. There seems to be no outreach between groups except once in a while at a big meeting or some training thing.
Pros
pay is higher than you'd expect.
Cons
no collaboration. onsite teams are on an island, we don't know what's going on at corporate.
Very Slow paced environment, not for people who get bored quickly
Project Administrator (PA) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 25, 2019
checked emails on arrival, work on deadline driven reports due on a weekly and monthly schedule. Discuss meeting times with other contractors and employees for helping them sign up for new PIV cards. Update records on excel such as mail packages that were sent and received, worked on monitoring the online database that tracked tickets for unsolved solutions. Drafted and delivered memos and reports to the Federal Government. Drafted meeting minute notes. I learned how to multitask and how to work with people through teamwork, how to draft notes for meetings and brainstorm. Management remained professional in the beginning of my work there but grew very unprofessional, rude and formed cliques with favorites in the office(Work place bullying). Work place culture did the same grew nice to not very nice. The hardest part was coming to work everyday since the job was almost 2 hours away from home.
Pros
can't think of anything
Cons
unpleasant place to work
Computer Technician
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2019
Computer Technician. Supported users at the US Department of State at the former Charleston, SC naval base. I had to give notice and leave when I relocated to Columbia, SC
Great company!
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 28, 2018
MIL is a great organization to work for - I have been with MIL for over 3 years now. They ensure your happy with your position, and if you aren't they will help you find what's best for you. They offer really good benefits and average compensation. There is room to grow within the company too. Depending on the contract, the hours are strict to only 40 hours/week. Also, there is a really great work home life balance.
Pros
Benefits, hours, culture
Great co-workers in a hectic environment
SharePoint Trainer-consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed my work however the workforce was just getting used to new technology and their infrastructure was not quite ready for the changes. However, employees were eager to learn the new system and master the issues,
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Needs help with technology
No room for growth
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VASeptember 12, 2018
If you are fresh from college, this place is a great opportunity. For those who are looking for Senior positions, don't look for growth opportunities.
They would rather you leave the company versus moving to another project.
Mil give you a great opportunity to learn and increase your knowledge of new technoligies
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2018
MIL is a great company it has given me so many opportunities to increase my knowledge and advance within the company. The management truly cares about its employees and truly wants them to do well.
Pros
the learning technology portal
Cons
my immediate manage does not follow the rules
Great people and a great environment!
Cyber Security Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDAugust 31, 2018
Hours were flexible. As long as you were there by 9:00 and stayed until 3:00, there weren't any issues. If you couldn't make it in or needed to leave for a bit during the day, they would work with you. We were given tasks and challenges to improve our skills and to learn new skills and techniques. Everybody there was willing to help us interns with any issues or questions that we had, and we were given a lot of freedom when completing our tasks. Our supervisors would periodically check in on us and give us advice, but it was always done respectfully and never made me feel inferior. The full-time employees mentoring us appeared to be given projects to work on in their own way (pen testing systems and such) through whatever reasonable means needed to achieve their goal. I acquired skills such as writing scripts in a few languages, with Python being a prominent one. The hardest part of the job, and the most enjoyable, was figuring out what angle(s) were best suited for a particular task. Each project was a puzzle with several potential ways of solving it. There was almost always more than one was to solve the puzzle, it just depended on your skill set and mindset as to which angles you wanted to try first.
Pros
Flexible hours, good work environment, good pay
Cons
The internship felt a little short
Low balled
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDAugust 31, 2018
Got offered a very low rate to start off and did not last too long to find another job. Gave me a great start but very low pay. Culture was great and had no issues with coworkers.
Great experience working here
Desktop Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2018
I don't have anything bad to say About MIL. my manager was the best. The only thing i regret not having is the opportunity to be on a MIL ran contract. I'm on a contract where MIL is the subcontractor.
Day to Day Operations
Deployment Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 14, 2018
Management needed Improvement. Great Work Culture. Duties were laid out and Special attention to priority Projects. Meetings were Unscheduled, but Frequent. Small set of Employees and many Clients. Helping Customer was always a Pleasure. Tiered Levels of Support and good Resources. Updates were slow, which made Push to machines Difficult at Times. Different Personnel weren't available at Key Times. I learned about more Detailed Software Upgrades. Their was a Epic need to be able to Multitask and Client interface was a paramount part of the Job, from Networking, Encryption, Passwords, Configuration, Installation and Specialized training to fit client needs. Associates were helpful with getting work performed in a timely Manner.
Pros
Nice Culture.
Cons
Sometimes, Too Micro-manged
Wonder place to work
Computer Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 18, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Great benefits.
Management has been great.
I will not go into what I do from day to day, I will simply say that I do enjoy my job, and am quite happy here.
This is a contract job, so it has to be updated every three years.
End User Support Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 3, 2018
Good company. Cares about employees. Makes sure that we get compensated for the work that we do. Communication from corporate is also very good. They keep us informed.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCMarch 20, 2018
Decent place to work. Great schedule, flexible, understanding and there is a great opportunity to learn a lot. Enjoy working with users from all over.
Productive and fun
Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2018
I would get in at 0730 and as soon as I logged on to my computer work started. First thing was check emails and take appropriate action. Then check phone calls and respond if necessary. Project Manager was great, kept us motivated. The hard part of the job was fast paced and stressful. The best thing was that all of us worked as a team and accomplished the job by the end of the day.
Good Place to Work
Senior Contract Close Out (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 21, 2018
Mil is well run and about business and moving work in a productive manner. MIL allows workers to do their job and it is a team environment that works together
Good but not great
Practice Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 7, 2017
Good company but not great. Valuable understanding of the type of work they do as a government contractor with solid success rate. However, very disjointed with very weak top-down leadership.
Federal Acquisition System SME (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 16, 2017
Poor management at the high level. Don't care about employees just the bottom line. I would not recommend this company to anyone unless they are desperate for employment. Management and ownership needs to be reevaluated for a soul.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
Micro-managing wrong teams
Government Contractor
Video Teleconferencing Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDNovember 8, 2017
Never knew if the contract would be renewed or if we had to go apply to another company. As a new family I was looking for more stability. Gained a lot of experience with Military Contracting.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
contract work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The MIL Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight