The MIL Corporation Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

Great co-workers in a hectic environment
SharePoint Trainer-consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed my work however the workforce was just getting used to new technology and their infrastructure was not quite ready for the changes. However, employees were eager to learn the new system and master the issues,
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Needs help with technology
Mil give you a great opportunity to learn and increase your knowledge of new technoligies
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2018
MIL is a great company it has given me so many opportunities to increase my knowledge and advance within the company. The management truly cares about its employees and truly wants them to do well.
Pros
the learning technology portal
Cons
my immediate manage does not follow the rules
Great experience working here
Desktop Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2018
I don't have anything bad to say About MIL. my manager was the best. The only thing i regret not having is the opportunity to be on a MIL ran contract. I'm on a contract where MIL is the subcontractor.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCMarch 20, 2018
Decent place to work. Great schedule, flexible, understanding and there is a great opportunity to learn a lot. Enjoy working with users from all over.
Productive and fun
Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2018
I would get in at 0730 and as soon as I logged on to my computer work started. First thing was check emails and take appropriate action. Then check phone calls and respond if necessary. Project Manager was great, kept us motivated. The hard part of the job was fast paced and stressful. The best thing was that all of us worked as a team and accomplished the job by the end of the day.
Nice company that invests into it's employees.
IT Asset Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2017
I started working with MIL last year. Since then, I have met people that are great and very professional. The company has resources available for employees to improve their skill set. Any company that invests money and resources into their employees will make have a good culture and a nice atmosphere. I recommend MIL to anyone.
Pros
Company will invest in it's employees.
Cons
contracted time.
Salesforce (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2017
MIL Corp has good people, a good work environment and does interesting work. I would recommend this company to anyone. My only complaint is that they do not have the best benefits package but it is not bad at all.
Great Benefits
(FAA) - Sr Financial and Functional Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2016
MIL Corp is the best. Although I was located at FAA (DOT), my manager would visit and it was always positive. I provided support that made the company pride and please with what I offered the government. The pay was competitive but if it was my choice, I would be with MIL today. The company sponsored fun family activities many times during the year,
Great Job
Business Analyst-Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2015
As a Business Analyst responsible for researching and analyzing the business needs of the client to identify business problems and propose unique solutions. Performing the technical writer role I designed, maintained and edited various types of technical documentation.
• Formulated business, user and functional requirements to include user manuals, handbooks, guides, policies and procedures; Strategically created help topics, templates for system documentation, announcements, press releases, publications and brochures for online demos; Successfully implemented and managed a change/release management process that shaped a Change Request Board
Busy Place
Business Analyst/Technical Writer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2014
A typical day was me reviewing RFP or proposals. Providing past performance or write-ups for proposals. Set-up and conduct different team meetings such as gold, blue, red etc.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Work 16-20 hour days
Not a good long term place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2014
Benefits are terrible - very little vacation benefits, no sick leave, very very expensive health insurance. zero schedule flexability

Little to no growth potential

No management support
MIL Corporation
Budget Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2014
MIL Corporation is a great company to work for. They always gives updates on what is happening within the MIL WORLD by sending us a MIL magazine every quarter. They seem to really make the employees feel comfortable by acknowledging them with awards/rewards. Also inform of what contracts are new, you can sign up for MIL courses to enhance your professional/personal skills, etc...

I have been working for MIL for 3 years now at the Department of State and the most enjoyable part of my job is that I love learning new projects and procedures. I love that fact that I am able to work with Supervisors, Managers, Deputies and Directors regarding budgeting and travel. I love assisting and guiding the employees with questions or concerns they may need and assisting the Lead Budget Analysts with projects.
Pros
Give excellent reviews
Treated fairly by company.
Tech Support / Jr. Network Administrator. (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC.July 26, 2012
Provided technical support for desktop, laptop, periphials and other devices. Hardware and software support. Enjoyed working with customers to resolve IT issues. Some network administration to include setting up accounts, resetting passwords, backing up files as well as restoring files from backups. Monitored servers for space capacity and eliminated non-work related items. Remote acess to pc's and overseas servers. Hardest part about job was dealing with the dishonest customers.
Pros
friendly people good work environment.
Cons
could be longer than normal hours at times.