The MIL Corporation Employee Review

View all The MIL Corporation reviews

Great people and a great environment!
Cyber Security Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDAugust 31, 2018
Hours were flexible. As long as you were there by 9:00 and stayed until 3:00, there weren't any issues. If you couldn't make it in or needed to leave for a bit during the day, they would work with you. We were given tasks and challenges to improve our skills and to learn new skills and techniques. Everybody there was willing to help us interns with any issues or questions that we had, and we were given a lot of freedom when completing our tasks. Our supervisors would periodically check in on us and give us advice, but it was always done respectfully and never made me feel inferior. The full-time employees mentoring us appeared to be given projects to work on in their own way (pen testing systems and such) through whatever reasonable means needed to achieve their goal. I acquired skills such as writing scripts in a few languages, with Python being a prominent one. The hardest part of the job, and the most enjoyable, was figuring out what angle(s) were best suited for a particular task. Each project was a puzzle with several potential ways of solving it. There was almost always more than one was to solve the puzzle, it just depended on your skill set and mindset as to which angles you wanted to try first.
Pros
Flexible hours, good work environment, good pay
Cons
The internship felt a little short

Other The MIL Corporation Employee Reviews

Not fun place to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDApril 18, 2019
Not very considerate of employee needs. Change job once hired and not very nice about changing. Would not recommend if looking for a job. Constantly monitored by management.
Not bad
full time employee (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 13, 2019
The project teams work well together, we don't hear much from the other groups or corporate. There seems to be no outreach between groups except once in a while at a big meeting or some training thing.
Pros
pay is higher than you'd expect.
Cons
no collaboration. onsite teams are on an island, we don't know what's going on at corporate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The MIL Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight