The MIL Corporation Employee Reviews

Nice company that invests into it's employees.
IT Asset Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2017
I started working with MIL last year. Since then, I have met people that are great and very professional. The company has resources available for employees to improve their skill set. Any company that invests money and resources into their employees will make have a good culture and a nice atmosphere. I recommend MIL to anyone.
Pros
Company will invest in it's employees.
Cons
contracted time.
Awesome Workplace
(FAA) - Sr Financial and Functional Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, VASeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work. MIL Corporation is a professional workplace with opportunities to advance. The company always provided the employees great holiday parties and many summer activities for employees, family and friends.
Great company
Service Desk Technician, Washington, D.C (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MD 20716August 30, 2017
Great culture, opportunity for growth; Management is very hands on and values your opinion. The hardest part of the job, of course, is dealing with less then friendly customers.
Great Facility
Supervisor Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDAugust 4, 2017
I have worked at The Mil Corporation for 10 years. Gained a lot of experience and knowledge in the logistics field. Was able to grow at my pace and evolved into a pretty good logistion.
Loved this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 21, 2017
I used to work for this company and loved every minute I did. The corporate office was wonderful and worked with you and were very helpful. I had to leave because of a contract change.
Pros
Great people
Compeitive
Supervisor Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDMay 2, 2017
The MIL Corporation is a competitive, fast pace enjoyable environment with great benefits. I would recommend the MIL Corporation to anyone seeking a great job
Salesforce (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2017
MIL Corp has good people, a good work environment and does interesting work. I would recommend this company to anyone. My only complaint is that they do not have the best benefits package but it is not bad at all.
contract
Senior Financial Travel Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 30, 2017
The MIL Corporation held a contract with the USDA Forest Service, which will expire on 02/28/2017. This was for the Travel Help Desk. Typical work day was 8 hours of forest service employees calling in for assistance with travel documents, profile, government credit card and Federal and Agriculture Regulations related to travel.
This was a very fast based contract, with very little supervision.
MIL Corporation has great benefits, but nothing in long rang contracts for this.
Pros
teleworked
Cons
lack of cummunication
Great Benefits
(FAA) - Sr Financial and Functional Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2016
MIL Corp is the best. Although I was located at FAA (DOT), my manager would visit and it was always positive. I provided support that made the company pride and please with what I offered the government. The pay was competitive but if it was my choice, I would be with MIL today. The company sponsored fun family activities many times during the year,
Productive work environment with fun and high spirited colleagues.
Business Analyst/Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 8, 2015
At the MIL Corporation, we work hard and play hard. Our diverse business operations allows us to learn a multitude of new skillsets. My co-workers are a phenomenal group of intelligent and fun-filled indviduals.

The MIL Corp is a great place to work and play!!
Great work environment. Great management.
Help Desk Analyst/SOC Lead (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 12, 2015
Great work environment. Great management. Good group of people.
Great Job
Business Analyst-Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2015
As a Business Analyst responsible for researching and analyzing the business needs of the client to identify business problems and propose unique solutions. Performing the technical writer role I designed, maintained and edited various types of technical documentation.
• Formulated business, user and functional requirements to include user manuals, handbooks, guides, policies and procedures; Strategically created help topics, templates for system documentation, announcements, press releases, publications and brochures for online demos; Successfully implemented and managed a change/release management process that shaped a Change Request Board
Busy Place
Business Analyst/Technical Writer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2014
A typical day was me reviewing RFP or proposals. Providing past performance or write-ups for proposals. Set-up and conduct different team meetings such as gold, blue, red etc.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Work 16-20 hour days
Not a good long term place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2014
Benefits are terrible - very little vacation benefits, no sick leave, very very expensive health insurance. zero schedule flexability

Little to no growth potential

No management support
Nice place to work
(FAA) Jr. Business Analyses (Former Employee) –  22209May 19, 2014
Very strict! A very structured place to work. Room for growth. Cross training available.
Pros
Great Leadership
Cons
Contract work
MIL Corporation
Budget Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2014
MIL Corporation is a great company to work for. They always gives updates on what is happening within the MIL WORLD by sending us a MIL magazine every quarter. They seem to really make the employees feel comfortable by acknowledging them with awards/rewards. Also inform of what contracts are new, you can sign up for MIL courses to enhance your professional/personal skills, etc...

I have been working for MIL for 3 years now at the Department of State and the most enjoyable part of my job is that I love learning new projects and procedures. I love that fact that I am able to work with Supervisors, Managers, Deputies and Directors regarding budgeting and travel. I love assisting and guiding the employees with questions or concerns they may need and assisting the Lead Budget Analysts with projects.
Pros
Give excellent reviews
Ok job
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  BowieJanuary 10, 2014
Management very disorganized, lacks communication. Nice staff, but things were overlooked by staff. Not much advancement.
Pros
Nice HR staff
Cons
disorganized
Good Company
Technical Consultant/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDNovember 6, 2013
Good company to work for. Team players on specific projects
Pros
Good company
Cons
Benefits are little steep for single parents
Family oriented company enjoyed my fellow employees
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDAugust 11, 2013
Reviewed authorizations for military and civilian personnel. Made sure that authorization is correct before traveler went on travel. Also called preparers and travelers for information containing any discrepancies in authorization to correct before date of travel. Made sure traveler traveled by government rules and regulations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers on a daily basis.
The best job I've had in Ridgecrest.
BUSINESS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAApril 12, 2013
Productive work environment. Some chance for advancement. A constant learning experience. Great management staff.
Pros
great work environment, good people
Cons
working for a contractor doesn't provide absolute security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The MIL Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight