The Money Store Employee Reviews

Well suited employment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJ 07410August 28, 2018
Answer switch board phone to process loan applications. Schedule appointments. Conduct Title search, & employment verification. Type 1st & 2nd loans on processor. Process outgoing checks. Prepare bank & office files , faxing, filing & USPS.
Pros
Productive team oriented job.
Cons
Ofice closed out of Business
Awful company
Director of M&A (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJAugust 13, 2018
The owners of The Money Store are the most unethical people I've ever worked with. Had to sue them to get paid pennies on the dollar. I would never recommend anyone work for these thieves.
Very Unsatisfied
Operartations Support Staff (Former Employee) –  NJJune 1, 2018
They are not sure of the direction they would like to go in. One month they decide growth, the next month they decide on reduction. There isn't a formal process in place outside of pure chaos.

Management doesn't respond to phone calls or emails. There is little to no support for the operations staff. Quite sad for a company that claims to have been in business for more than 40 years.

No training in place for new employees. Left on your own to complete task and to decide on next steps. There is no job culture because most employees are completely ignored.
Company closed
CORPORATE DOCUMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Company closed and over 3,000 employees laid off. It was a very nice place to work and I was sorry to see so many people laid off. Company was in the Mortgage Lending business where I was responsible for authoring Financial Lending Contracts applicable for all 50 states. This company was one of the first to succumb to the Mortgage crisis.
Pros
NIce people
Cons
Company closed
Rewarding job
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for a finance company. It was a pleasure helping people obtain a mortgage to either consolidate debt, get money for tuition for their children or home upgrades.
Pros
Long term employment
Cons
Out of business
Always loved getting up & going to work here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 17, 2018
Only issue I really had with TMS was the lack of appreciation higher position employees had for the lower class employees. I had the best district manager there is! She would do all she could for her staff.
Little to no supervision
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 31, 2017
It was pretty easy except for on Fridays, the 1st, and the 3rd of the month. You would sit in the office and approve payday or title loans. You are responsible for making bank drops.
Good but Unstable
Mortgage Loan Opener (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJune 16, 2017
Very good line of work to be in, with good opportunities of advancement if you actually push for it.
Job Market is very unstable and layoffs occur often in this line of work.
Great annual retreats.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2017
Great loan products. Underwriting was fair and concise. Although the pay was good with commission for the Account Executives such as my self. There was a need for the other positions to be monetarily incentivized.

Management was growing and developing every stage of the game.
Pros
Execellent compensation for myself as an AE.
Cons
Others should have received monatary incentives and more recognition to all for advancement.
never a dull moment in this place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 30, 2017
the customers that we had in our store were really some characters. i enjoyed the time that i was there. i was able to start in as a associate and was moved to become a assistant office manager
Programmer / Analyst
Application Developer, Technical Writer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I played a minor role in the development and maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure. It was a reasonably organized function but there were a few problems. I don't think it should have been developed on PC systems due to the limitations PCs suffered at the time.

One thing I will note. The access code to the IT room was being changed virtually daily, suggesting a lot of turnover.
Pros
They were trying hard to be a good company
Cons
I don't think they should have depended on contractors so much
Trained new associates, worked with payroll and money daily, customer serivce
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 15, 2016
I loved working for this company. Once the company changed hands is when the company changed, I loved the manger I worked with as well.
The Money Store Is The Most Dysfunctional Company In The U.S.
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Floham Park, NSeptember 28, 2016
The worst company ever. I was spending all of my days trying to get extensions by sellers realtors when the file did not even get assigned to underwriters. The Money Store is run by total incompetents . Stay away from MLD MORTGAGE INC dba THE MONEY STORE. Loan Officers should get out of this dump because you get your name tainted and get customer complaints. Look online at The Money Store Reviews and Testimonials. You will see thousands of complaints and bad reviews. I will bet anything that they will be out of business in the next twelve months. They have no right in taking on new customers. Dysfunctional, incompetent, and just plain idiots.
Everything about this place is excellent
Branch Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 10, 2016
Excellent company . The Gustan Cho Team is a growing mortgage company with no lender overlays and offers full benefits to all of its employees
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Good starting salary
Branch Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 7, 2016
Inexperienced management. Company located to Sacramento from Eastern USA. It grew too fast. Management could not handle such swift growth. Provided little or no training with their new financial products.
Pros
Good starting salary
Cons
No training
Great and challenging company to work for.
Customer Service Call Center Associate II (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CANovember 9, 2015
Working in call center is a new challenge everyday. You always learn new things working in the call center. This place taught me a lot working in the mortgage field. Great company and manager to work for.
Bank Lenders
Jr. Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2015
I work from Home I call clients who need help with their mortgage
If they need help I take an application make sure the qualify for the program they need, if they do. I send it to my office in New York
Pros
work from home
Cons
comission only, it takes 2 months to close
A progressive, forward thinking company
Telecommunications Analyst/Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 29, 2015
As far as the IT department went, we were given proper tools and resources to produce effective results. Unfortunately, many jobs were eliminated when the company was bought out.
Nice place to work
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 6, 2015
This was a long time ago this was a good company to work for. I worked for Foreclosures and found this to be a hard job. Although working with customers and trying help them save there houses it wasn't always easy and if we hard to auction it off I always felt bad for the ones that worked hard to try and keep it.
Pros
good company
Cons
hard job
Job Experience
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 16, 2015
I was given an opportunity to take on a role with little/no experience, and it provided me with a knowledge base that allowed me to accept a role for another company, in a new city, and expand my horizons beyond what I could have imagined.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Money Store. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about