The Moran Group Employee Reviews

Family oriented company with a great environment
Digital Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 24, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at The Moran Group. It has a small firm feel and allows for personal engagement with other employees from different departments. I have learned a lot from my time at The Moran Group.
Pros
small firm feel
Cons
not too much room for promotion
Public relations at its finest
Accounting Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 24, 2017
I absolutely loved working for the Moran Group, and as that company continues to thrive, I often wish I could go back!
I worked in accounts receivable and managed most of the accounts for the tri-state area. The hours were flexible, as I was in college, and the pay was on par with what a college student should be paid. The hardest part of the job was making a mistake and answering to the CEO, but he was always able to turn it into a lesson from which I learned, not only about "work" in general, but about my abilities and how to tap into them. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. I was surrounded by funny, charismatic, and out-going people that loved their jobs. Doesn't get much better than that!
Pros
Fun co-workers, Company lunches & parties, great pay
Cons
Family business that takes care of you
Creative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 2, 2016
The day-to-day here is pretty fast-paced, not in the "if you enjoy a fast-paced environment..." sort of way, but genuinely quick. The type of work here moves very fast which makes things fun most days, but can make things very stressful as well when working with deadlines measured in hours, not days. Ownership is great and management is full of good people.

The most difficult part of the job is juggling tasks and projects that come in quick and go back out quick. One has to stay on top of what they're doing here and if you don't, you'll fail quickly.

The team I've worked with is excellent, we get along well and work together. The other departments seem to share a lot of camaraderie together, as well. BBQ get togethers at the Baton Rouge office for holidays are always good fun.
Pros
Holiday BBQs, Advancement, Environment
Cons
Deadlines, projects all come and go at the same time
Very much a family company...
Digital Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 26, 2013
If you aren't family here, then you are pretty much worthless to this company. The only way you will get any where here is if you are in relation to the owner. I worked here for almost a year, and was provided no opportunity for advancement. Even after showing interest in moving up a little. The only good thing about this company is that they were very understanding and flexible with my personal life.
Productive and organized location with good management
Interactive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 24, 2013
Every day was different and for the most part exciting. I learned that the economy can be tough and it's especially hard on advertising markets. The agency was large enough to have a great management department which I prefer. I worked with some awesome people that I still keep in touch with. The hardest part of my job was the Interactive department was entirely new to the agency at the time. Unfortunately, they did not have a clear direction and expectation for the position. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and our bond that we shared from working with one another.
Pros
Free lunches and holiday parties
Cons
Asked us to take off days without pay when the economy worsened

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Moran Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Moran Group Reviews by Location