The Nature’s Bounty Co Employee Reviews

No Job Security
Quality Assurance Floor Inspector (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLApril 15, 2019
Company will be closing soon find something stable hire and fire company hires disabled people in order to get government credit managers barely have any education and are under the influence most of the time
Growth Experience
Director, Network Supply Planning (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYApril 11, 2019
The Nature's Bounty Company recognized the contributions I made early on and challenged me with opportunities based on what they saw as my competencies and potential. This let to a tremendous growth experience for me, getting out of my comfort zone, being able to making a valuable impact to the business and building my skills as a leader.
Can be stressful but good place to start
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYApril 11, 2019
I was only there temporarily, but I did enjoy my time at NBTY. It’s a highly collaborative atmosphere, which can be a bit stressful as you might be waiting on other team members for pieces of a project.
Very friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Pros
Order lunch sometimes, friendly, collaborative
Cons
Stressful, competitive
Not what I expected.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 9, 2019
There were only a couple of good things about this company and that was having weekends off and getting out at 2:30 for getting things done that I needed. The communication was lacking and I didn't have management help me enough. I had the run around and I was suppose to pick , but ended just making boxes all day. I tried asking and they said they would have me pick , but never did. They just told me what I wanted to hear and when I called in with the flu for two days with no sympathy at all. Every time I made a mistake they would condemn me for it and talk to me like I was an idiot. I couldn't even say certain words since it was considered against policy and they laid me off unexpectedly.
Pros
Nice work schedule, nice coworkers
Cons
management
PE Owned
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYApril 3, 2019
PE-owned firms will have a particular/expected atmosphere.

Some really great talent! Some of the smartest people I've come across in the CPG/FMCG space.
Very good company
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 1, 2019
I love this company.
There are work very nice people.
I hope we are meet again
Ower manager help us decide problems with time.
Because ower application be online 24/7
Left company
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYMarch 30, 2019
Management changes led to departure of my manager and other coworkers; eventually I left the company as well. Work environment was chaotic due to office layout.
Good Company, Few Growth Opportunities
Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  NJMarch 28, 2019
Overall, I've enjoyed my time working at Nature's Bounty. The office is nice and my team is friendly. Management is also available for feedback when needed. However, there is little room for advancement and a very weak company culture. The Long Island office is the only office that really participates in culture building. So if you work in any of the other locations, you are mostly cut off from the company culture. The leadership in my division is using out-dated strategies for the present market. Despite seeing some growth each year, if we don't use modern tactics soon (such as Amazon or selling direct), we will fall behind the competition and it will be too late to recover.
Pros
Vitamin Discounts, Benefits Package, 401K
Cons
Leadership, Company Culture, Lack of Advancement
Productive place where they have gummy machines and gummy bags
Gummy insepctor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2019
Good workers I worked with the work place is big looks confusing because of how they tell you everything works , but in the end the temps only did certain jobs which where looking at the bags too inspect them and take out the bad gummies .
Pros
Easy job we only look at gummies
Cons
Long period of time looking at gummies, and they only have 2 breaks that are 30 min
Management ability to move is horrible.
Encapsulation Set Up (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYFebruary 27, 2019
Management there was like a dictatorship. The higher ups were constantly trying to change rules and didn’t care about the employees. Management treats employees like they’re expendable and not working in a career field.
Pros
Hour breaks fridays
Cons
Low raises under a dollar a year
Fun workplace
Blending/Compression Operator (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYFebruary 19, 2019
The work environment is safe and secure. Safety is our first priority. The associates/managements are kind and friendly. Everyday you learn something new for your own knowledge.
Not the worst place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Nature's Bounty was bought by a private equity company back in 2010 and has struggled ever since. Virtually no growth while the pieces of the company have been hacked off and sold (e.g. Holland & Barrett, Puritan's Pride). They have gone through three CEOs since the purchase and Nature's Bounty has kind of treaded water ever since. If you are looking for a company that's growing rapidly and is an exciting place to work, then Nature's Bounty is not the place for you. They treat the employees pretty well however. Free turkeys at Christmas and other perks throughout the year. The base compensation is competitive but the bonuses are weak. One major downside is the location. Ronkonkoma is in the middle of nowhere. There are very few good places to eat for lunch and there is no employee cafeteria where food is served.
Pros
Nice employee perks
Cons
Company is not growing
good benefits
QA INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 17, 2019
The company offer good benefits but don't pay enough to the associates. Management is too much focus in productivity but they don't care about the safety and the quality
Fast paced always changing atmosphere
Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 1, 2019
The company is continually changing due to working for investment company's. Faced paced environment that is challenging to run with one line controlling the entire operation.
The directives are not always clear
Supervisor, Production (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 21, 2018
A company that is top heavy in the management sector, and with roo much downward pressures on the Supervisors. The atmosphere is one that allows for too much involvement for all and sundry to make decisions on things that are important for the smooth running of the company
Pros
Good life and family balance
Cons
Associates gave too much freedom in management's decision making
Changing managers a lot in just a few years
Operational Excellence Leader (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 4, 2018
I have had 4 different people to report to in just 7 years that I have worked at NBTY, many managers are coming and after one or two years were gone. So in long term those changes are not good for the system. Overall I had a very good experience at NBTY because I was in charge of many projects in many facilities at NBTY.
Fast Paced and stressful but a Good company.
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYDecember 3, 2018
Training is very limited, is up to you to learn about new process. Forecast accuracy is horrible and you are always struggling to meet requirement. Co-workers are extremely lazy and leave early on a daily basis, as a result upper management takes away their responsibilities and assigns them to you.
Pros
Life work balance.
Cons
Very difficult to move up.
Nice facilities.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 20, 2018
Boca building 901 has some good hourly associates. But very poor upper Management and HR. If you’re not friends with someone in one of those positions you might be in trouble. It’s not enough if you do your job at a high level.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Management and HR
Keeping Running
Telesales & Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYNovember 15, 2018
If you like constant scrutiny then this is the place for you. In the call center is always a dead end position, a spike in the wheel. Constant reviews of calls and always up selling. I hated the grind.
Pros
mandatory overtime
Cons
Constant review of work
Excelent
Machine Operator (Blending) (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYNovember 13, 2018
El control de calidad es excelente ,reuniones con el fin de mejorar la productividad.
Pros
Goals
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Nature’s Bounty Co. Our community is ready to answer.