The Nature’s Bounty Co Employee Reviews in Carson, CA

fun place to work at
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 5, 2018
it was fun working for nbty we were like a family every time I came to work I enjoyed being there and it was close to were I lived I miss working for nbty
back breaking work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMay 14, 2017
back breaking work lifting heavy boxes of pills and loading them into a feeder machine. I didn't learn too much except how pills are sorted into bottles and packed for shiping
good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 12, 2015
put up finished product loaded unloaded trucks how to use all kinds of forklifts. my bosses were good and honest hard working people very enjoyable to work for.my coworkers were good hard working people.hardest part of my job the long hours sometimes 12 to 14 hours a day.best part of the job knowing i did a good job and my bosses loved it
Pros
good company
Cons
plant shut down
Most of the people I work with are good people so that makes the job easier.
Quality Control/Floor Inspector (Former Employee) –  CarsonJanuary 18, 2015
The hardest part of the job is standing up and walking for at least 7 hours a day. Typically I am assigned four production lines and I have to check every line at least twice in my shift. More time is needed when the lines are starting work in the middle of the shift.
Pros
birthday leave, company outings with the whole family
Cons
walking and standing up for atleast 7 hours
My experience at NBTY
Material Handler / Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 23, 2014
co-workers always ready to work,
everyone worked as a team,
management was always open for suggestions
all equipment would be fully charged and ready for a long work day, everyday was a challenge, especially when product would get lost in inventory, it would always be put back in the wrong locations
Pros
good benefits, not everyone is on your back
Cons
shorts breaks
family friendly
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 1, 2014
NBTY draws upon nature's bounty to cash in on the market for preventive and alternative health care. As the largest vertically integrated source of nutritional supplements in the US, the company manufactures, wholesales, and retails more than 25,000 products including vitamins, minerals, herbs, and sports drinks. Brands include Ester-C, Nature's Bounty, Solgar, and Sundown. NBTY has manufacturing facilities in Canada, China, the UK, and the US and is able to produce and package capsules, tablets, powders, and liquids.
Pros
family friendly
Cons
low pay
Industrial Washer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 15, 2014
the hardest part of the job was long hours with only 1 break other then that it was a great place with a lot of mix culture. The most enjoyable was meeting new people. A typical day consist of washing industrial parts that came off the machine in a sanitary matter following SOP and GMP guide lines, after washing was compete i helped with the setup of the machines.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 24, 2014
Processed orders and ensured all packing lines ran properly.
Operated product lines by checking components and ensured that paperwork is complete.
Supervised associates and trained new employees.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a
nbty inc work day
leadman/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 1, 2014
start off team meeting with supervisor what we need to do that night then do my checklist on my forklift fix problems if any. Ask shift before us if any problems if so try to fix problems then get to work.put up finished product.my co workers were respectful and kind.the hardest part of my job dealing with management.most enjoyable part of my job was the people good to work with.
Pros
easy going job easy work
Cons
no advancment, management doesnt pay attention to our needs
good place to work
Line Runner / Setup Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 29, 2014
the environment is good i learned new things everyday i love to keep myself busy all the time working with machines everyday is another day to look forward to..
Pros
benefits is good
enjoyable, good working enviroment, trust worthy employees
Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 26, 2013
A typical day at work began with workers gathering around my desk to recieve there days work orders to complete, after which i would go to the recieving office to follow up on how the recieving ship are being handle in order to be sure things were being done properly, the rest of the day involved me running routine walk throughs thoughout the warehouse. during this position i was taught to treat people working below me with respect as well as properly managing large amount of workers efficently. I was required to attend routine meetings with management daily in order to ensure positive productivity within the warehouse.this was a well enjoyed positon with great co-workers who were both enjoyable and hard working.
Pros
birthday off with pay, free lunches
fast paced enviroment, productive and fun to work
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 18, 2013
-10-15 Outbound trucks
8 Inbound trucks
Respond to emails, answer phone calls , schedule deliveries
-Fun and friendly
When my co workers missed the same day
-Around fun people and learn alot from them
Pros
Christmas bonus yearly
Cons
Short lunchs
A stepping stool for a brighter future ahead.
Quality Assurance associate/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Carson,CaliforniaMay 18, 2013
Regularly packed with all the Raw Material that needed to be sampled and inspected from various parts of the globe. I've learned how to communicate with people from different walks of life. People are great, especially my supervisor. They treat me with the same respect that I endure them. The only negative part about my job is that there's no room for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with, as well as my supervisor.
Pros
Very generous to their employees.
Cons
Limited potential.for growth.
As my 1st time working in a warehouse type job it was memorable.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 25, 2013
I learned how to set up & operate several kinds of machines.Work consisted of a lot of heavy lifting .I met & associated with meany different cultures.
Always be aleart and ready.
Label Operator and General Help (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 21, 2013
As soon as you get to your line or work line. You need to doublel check all the components that we are ruunung, such as codes in the label, bottle, caps and the product that we are running.
very productive environment, and friendly.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carson, caNovember 14, 2012
Very busy, and fast paced environment. a lot of team work, and communication is required. The only thing I had a problem with was that the manager only cared about her shift, didn't really commute with the other 2 shifts.
Pros
employee of the month awards, safety awards, gift cards, and free meals at times.
ok benefits. ok pay. no chance for advancement
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 24, 2012
Just show up for work on time and don't question management,that's the key to job security here. Don't try to innovate or use your own initiative...the supervisors will think that you're trying to take their jobs.
A good place to work if you just want a steady paycheck,benefits and don't mind being stuck in the same position until you retire.
Pros
free turkey at thanksgiving, christmas bonus, other gifts during holidays
Cons
no chance for advancement.
Stabled but less room for advancement
Quality Assurance associate (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 11, 2012
This company is one of the best places to work at. The job is moderately stressful with a lot of thing to learn. I've learned various raw material products coming from different vendors arounf the globe, as well as the nature of handling them in accordance to the Nature's Bounty standard operating procedure. In terms of managemen, there are tons of policies that they impose to futher meet each and everyone's concerns. As all of us working in an industry with cultural diversity, we cannot alleviate the fact that there are some negativity when it come to others. This is one factor why I'm currently applying for another job. The hardest part of my job is dealing with stubborns, boastful ,and sometimes racist. I'm a type in which i don't discrimminate nor touch the sensitive topic, especially with regards to racism. I love dealing with various race and nationalities. The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to jive with most of my co-workers and perform my duties in an accurate manner.
Pros
mulitiple perks, yearly bonuses, and moderate stress
Cons
limited opportunity for growth