The Nature’s Bounty Co Employee Reviews in Holbrook, NY

Nature's Bounty is a great place to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJune 5, 2019
I learned a lot working at Nature's Bounty. I started out as a customer service representative, promoted to a lead supervisor and then to a Supervisor. My co workers and management team are a wonderful group of people to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is working side by side with the agents. The hardest part of the job is deescalating the escalated calls.
Growth Experience
Director, Network Supply Planning (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYApril 11, 2019
The Nature's Bounty Company recognized the contributions I made early on and challenged me with opportunities based on what they saw as my competencies and potential. This let to a tremendous growth experience for me, getting out of my comfort zone, being able to making a valuable impact to the business and building my skills as a leader.
Left company
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYMarch 30, 2019
Management changes led to departure of my manager and other coworkers; eventually I left the company as well. Work environment was chaotic due to office layout.
Keeping Running
Telesales & Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYNovember 15, 2018
If you like constant scrutiny then this is the place for you. In the call center is always a dead end position, a spike in the wheel. Constant reviews of calls and always up selling. I hated the grind.
Pros
mandatory overtime
Cons
Constant review of work
TNBC is a great company with typical big box challenges
Manager (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYOctober 8, 2018
I have worked for this company for many years, including plant closures. The company has always sought to find placement for displaced associates. The organization is meeting-driven, so as a leader, you'll fight for time to practice your function. There are always opportunities to learn and grow. The company eagerly funds educational opportunities if those opportunities benefit you in your career. Management is fairly solid, though you will always find the less adept leaders if you look hard enough. The culture varies by site and is reflective of the leadership within those facilities. The only career limitation that I see is in the corporate ceiling, wherein the upward mobility ends due to limited role availability. Otherwise, this isn't a bad place to be.
Pros
Benefits, pay scale for exempts, positive culture, safety focus, growth potential
Cons
low pay for non-exempts, poor forecasting
very professional
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYSeptember 28, 2018
serious company, people that care about the product,management chances a lot ..they followed safety and standard procedures very well, very competitive
Pros
helps to advance on career
Cons
not stable job
Good Place To Work
Vice President, Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJuly 17, 2018
The Nature's Bounty Co. is a great place to work. Because the company is owned by a private equity company, there are lots of challenges to meet financial targets. Overall, I enjoyed working there.
Pros
The people
Cons
The need for more strategic direction for the Direct-To-Consumer group.
Loved being able to help the customers.
Hybrid Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYDecember 29, 2017
I have no comment at this time about the company.
Went in got the job done
Helped the customers to take care of their needs.
Management was very unorganized
Better management
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYOctober 17, 2017
Need to focus on employees well being as much as customer well being. Stop micromanaging the employees and fix the real issues that can help the employees better help the customer.
Benefits
Good Company To Work For
Email Marketing Coder (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYOctober 10, 2017
Best company I have worked for but honestly there is no place for me to advance. There is no camaraderie at the office and many people keep to themselves.
Pros
discounts on vitamins
Cons
everything else
A Good Place to Work... depending on your job function.
Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYAugust 3, 2017
NBTY is a decent place to work. Depending on what department or location you work in. Some are better than others. There is some nepotism and huge turnover rate.
Pros
Steady employment.
Cons
Turnover Rate.
Okay place to work at.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYMay 30, 2017
Upper management micromanaged too often. Rules don't apply to everyone. So many broken promises. What is said in the interview doesn't mean anything. Rethink your ethics before working here.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
micromanagement
A good company, but with a narrow operational vision
MANAGER, WAREHOUSING and DISTRIBUTION (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYMarch 23, 2017
NBTY is a solid company with ambitious growth initiatives. There is however an underlying layer of hypocrisy from senior management, that seems to pit the 3 shifts against each other, as opposed to fostering the team spirit. Resistance to change and the implementation of new ideas and processes create a stagnant and stale operation. Outwardly management claims to embrace change, but the reality is that change is not welcome.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits package.
Cons
A culture of favoritism. No forward thinking vision
Truly a great company, clean, safe, productive, friendly environment
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYMarch 16, 2017
Nature's Bounty formerly NBTY is truly a great place to work for, management is great they always or most the time prmote from within, there is plenty of room for growth, they always train their associates, they take the safety and well being of their employees very seriously, they also have great equipment to work with
Pros
Very productive and fast paced environment, hours fly.
Cons
They run tight all three shifts, not much overtime
Great place to work but be prepared to do overtime.
Packaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Great work culture, management gives the general feel that they care about your opinions and also your personal life. Demands for products are relatively high so often overtime is the only way to meet goals.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Last minute overtime announcements
Lead Direct QA Inspector (Current Employee) –  815 grundy ave. Holbrook NYSeptember 27, 2016
Is a nice place to work, good enviroment and clean. People are friendly. The job is easy and the management care about associates. Its a safety place to work.
Night shift
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Holbrook New YorkAugust 11, 2016
Good company good hours, my coworkers show a lot of teamwork . I learned how to run the machine, how to read work orders I think is a great company good benefits and and I'm looking for something to match it
Used to be great when I started but they let the place go and I spend 90% of my time watching my back in fear I might lose my job over anything.
Line runner (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJuly 23, 2016
Management can try to keep a better eye on the supervisors for those of who are not favored cause the threats are getting a little old.
Pros
Some good people, benefits still great, love the company activities.
Cons
Management, supervisors, Spanish/white ratio sucks and seems to favor those of Hispanic nature.
Moving on with or without you
Warehouse and Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJuly 11, 2016
Was a great job 10 years ago

Has gotten worse after new investment firm came in and took over

Every building was different on how good it was or wasn't to work in
Pros
Long term relationship
Cons
Money
No future
3rd shift Vitamin world shipping supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJuly 4, 2016
After the sale of one of their main buildings there is no sure thing there. people are giving added responsablities without any promotion or pay raise. Not so bad except some of them are forced into managemnet roles, but kept as regular workers.

Mandatory can be called at the end of shift the day before, giving you very little notice to change plans. There is a lot of internal fighting going on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Nature’s Bounty Co. Our community is ready to answer.