The Nature’s Bounty Co Employee Reviews

Nice people with good products
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York StateNovember 9, 2017
It is easy to get behind the products that they offer. Compensation is average for new employees, but does not match for internal promotions. Average benefits.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 7, 2017
This job was great place to work at, but unfortunately my assignment ended or the company closed down. I look to advancing my skills with another company.
Delicious food with a home atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CANovember 5, 2017
Natures Bounty is a small business that I very much enjoyed being a part of. I learned that you can still work in customer service and enjoy working in the fast pace style while being in a friendly place. The regulars are so sweet and I enjoyed the healthy food they provided, and even though I was only there for a short time, I know I learned a lot about work management.
Pros
free lunches
Decent Company
QC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYNovember 1, 2017
Standard benefits, two week vacations plus sick and personal days. Friendly working environment but not much training and opportunities are provide to young professional.
Decent company
QC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYNovember 1, 2017
Standard benefits, 2 weeks vacations + sick and personal days. Friendly work environment but not much room to growth for young professional unless you want to go management field.
Don’t
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 31, 2017
This place has a lot of favoritism and you have to kiss butt to get anywhere. Management is always in a meeting and out numbers employees 3/1. You get points taken away for almost anything and the wage is super low. You can go to USA Parkway and make 5 $ more an hour.
Cons
Good friendly atmosphere and fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 30, 2017
The overall atmosphere of the facility/company was friendly and for the most part professional. Trying to maintain quality was not so hard because we had a good knowledgeable Quality team.

In my role, I have learned more about the regulatory side of the business while carrying out my responsibilities as a team leader. I also learned that empowering the associates from various departments will ultimately lead to a more cohesive team. The hardest part of my job was giving some associates a low rating on their reviews due to their lack of performance and conducting a PIP. On a brighter note, the most enjoyable times were those moments where we were able to reward the team for their accomplishments and performance through team lunches, Associate recognitions, and associate promotions.
Pros
Work schedule flexibility, Safety awards, Associate of the Month recognition, Annual Employee Recognition Day...
Work Environment
Coating Operator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 21, 2017
As far as the work itself, everything was well with work environment. With respect to Lead and Management, there were cases of favoritism in the workplace.
Pros
Company Picnic, Christmas Celebrations, Gifts, Holiday Pay
Cons
Favoritism, Unfairness
Better management
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYOctober 17, 2017
Need to focus on employees well being as much as customer well being. Stop micromanaging the employees and fix the real issues that can help the employees better help the customer.
Benefits
Horrible Management
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 13, 2017
The company operates in silos with complete disregard for other departments. Department goals do not contribute to the overall benefit of the company. Management is hypocritical and shallow minded.
Good Company To Work For
Email Marketing Coder (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYOctober 10, 2017
Best company I have worked for but honestly there is no place for me to advance. There is no camaraderie at the office and many people keep to themselves.
Pros
discounts on vitamins
Cons
everything else
Didn't like the enviroment
Wrapper and put away driver (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAOctober 9, 2017
You were constantly watched by management. The managers office was out in the production area and you were constantly watched and told about every little thing.
Great benefits, some managers good & freedom in certain positions; poor leadership vision
Engineering (Current Employee) –  California (before all plants were closed)October 6, 2017
Benefits are great and pay is good depending on the position. The company has some great managers and certain positions allow a lot of freedom to operate and some room for advancement.

Unfortunately, the acquisition by a private investment company and recent sale to another private investment company has created frequent upper leadership turnover and poor vision and direction leading to multiple facility closures and reduction in profits.

Remaining manufacturing facilities, except for a few, have serious management and culture issues. Failure to promote from within, especially in the manufacturing group, and top heaviness of director level and above positions is a chronic issue.

If you are looking for a secure job with decent benefits, this is the company. If you also desire stable leadership, opportunity for advancement, and a fun place to work that does not have the usual corporate back stabbing and politics, this is not the company for you.
Pros
Benefits, Job security, certain managers
Cons
Poor leadership, poor culture, limited advancement opportunities
Productive and safety workplace
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Friendly team and safety is number one at work, I learned a lot of thing and improve my job, safety and well-ordered workplace with friendly managers and all associates.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes for associates
Cons
sometimes too much stress
A nice environment to work at
Human Resources Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Working at NBTY was challenging. Every day you will learn something new. The supervisor and co-workers were very pleasant to work with. A nice environment to work at.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
contract
Excellent
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 12, 2017
NBTY has always been an excellent company and place to work. Employees are paid fairly and treated like they matter. There is always room for advancement.
Sr Director Global Procurement (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Nature's Bounty is a good place to work. The work life balance is very manageable. The company is in a great industry. The culture is good and the people in the company are knowledgeable about their function.
Pros
Work life Balance
Cons
Company is not growing at expected targets.
Productive company
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Productive environment. Company continues to grow in many areas. Nationwide footprint with numerous brands and products in their line of nutritional supplements.
Great starting job to gain skills & experience.
Coating Tech (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 6, 2017
It was a great place to work at but the management team never gave the opportunity to great talent to excel. I was able to pick up many skills, such as: working as a team, working at a fast pace, meeting production demands on time, leading a team of operators, & cross training with other departments.
The hard part about any day was machines not functioning properly in order to complete our duties on time. Supervisors would not listen to what the employees would suggest to finish the job.
Sense of Humor Company
Talent Acquisition Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 25, 2017
I came in as a Contract Employee and was welcomed with open arms. The management team was very helpful and the people in the office are great! Great sense of humor in the warehouse and safety is always #1 on the priority list!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Nature’s Bounty Co. Our community is ready to answer.