The New Traditionalists Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 31, 2018
Not a good place to work. Management pits employees against each other and they look for scape goats for every issue than comes up. The senior management is in NYC and are out of touch with the everyday workings of the plant.
Worst job I've ever had.
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTMay 16, 2017
Management is extremely poor and so is the pay. I saw people there who worked for 8+ years and have barely broke $15/hr who have families and kids to provide for. Everyone was always yelling at eachother and there was no respect for eachother whatsoever. The days were long due to very poor quality by some of the workers.
Pros
A lot of hours, overtime
Cons
Management, pay, ethnicity
They're never happy with their employees
I never knew what my title was (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTMay 4, 2017
High turn over, no direction, rude, no opportunity for advancement, a toxic environment It is the kind of place that does not foster being allowed to be a professional and be proud of your work....
Pros
Honestly..., none!
Cons
Screaming, hatred of employees
everyman for them self
?upholsterer (Former Employee) –  Torrington,ctAugust 28, 2015
hmmm, what every they tell you get it in writing. 401k has no match, health ins is only for single, pay full price if you have kids or family. everyone is paid under national average. some team leads act like dictators. just keep to yourself don't try to impress or improve any products. It is better than some places. at the same time, if your working somewhere take a leave of absence before you resign to work their.

although they don't chain you to your bench. if your not working a sweat they will terminate you. They hire plenty of non-skilled workers for a little over minimal wage.

I was hired for one department that I had over 25 years exp, but from day one put in another department that I had no experience what so ever.

Everyone is very friendly, Co-workers are very helpful and polite. top managers are friendly to your face. seen a lot amateur ideas in my trade being done. Management refused to even listen to better ideas. Don't try to impress, just do your job and keep your options open. great place to start a career, be careful if your leaving a decent job to take one their. Again, get everything in writing.

if your not working defiantly take a job their.
Pros
plenty of overtime, k-cups in break room, bottle water
Cons
disfunctional, lots of waste, no room for advancement.
Owners cool
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Torrington CtMay 30, 2015
Cool products to work on but overall energy of the shop was terrible. Every man for himself mentality not a team player workplace
Cons
great place if you want to put the work in
cabinet maker,lean team member (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 30, 2014
Work harder, learn more than the guy next to you, don't expect to be rewarded till you put the time in! be open minded and flexible, don't be a yes man.
Pros
very friendly owners, tough but fair.
Cons
not enough recognition for accomplishments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The New Traditionalists. Our community is ready to answer.

1.7