The Nord Center Employee Reviews

Great workplace!
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lorain County, OHJune 8, 2018
I have enjoyed working for nord and it's employees. I wish the department didn't close down or I will still be there. The employees and bosses were like family.
Stressful working atmosphere and total lack of communication
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHDecember 19, 2017
Very stressful. Management hated the union and made our jobs as miserable as possible. Supervisor did not communicate well with the people they were responsible for. Disparate and preferential treatment by supervisor between people supervised. We were always wrong and supervisor was always right. Very little to no training with new procedures/practices. For the most part, the individuals with whom I worked were the greatest!
Pros
Fairly good vacation accrual and a good 403b retirement plan
Cons
Work environment and low pay for duties asked to perform
My Job was enjoyable and rewarding
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 23, 2017
work day was very Busy. Learned to prioritize my work, The management was very helpful. There was no hard part as we worked as a team. I enjoyed my job
I had the ability to move around in this organization
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OH 44053October 18, 2017
While employed at Nord Center I was trained as a SANE Nurse and I obtained the experience of being in management. I was able to assist new nurses on caring for the psychiatric population with compassion.
Great Place
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 13, 2017
Its a nice place to work. The people are great. I got a lot out of working with different people and their cultures. It's a lot like working at home. So it is a wonderful feeling to be able to make your residents feel at home.
No a good place
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 7, 2017
do not work here they will expect you to do more then you can for one person. Than you are treated like a child and yelled at for not meeting productivity requirements.
Pros
Cons
Management sucks
Amazing Place to Work, I miss The NORD Center
Sami Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJune 5, 2017
My time at NORD was brief due to an unforeseen relocation. I regret having to leave this organization and the people I worked with. I was part of an amazing team that was focused on the client's not the bottom line. I would highly recommend exploring work opportunities with this company.
Pros
Outstanding Customer Focus and Service
Cons
I do not recall anything significant.
In-depth and diverse opportunities for growth and development of career skills
Pre-Doctoral Psychology Intern (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHFebruary 13, 2017
In a typical day of work, I was able to gain experience with structured interviewing and diagnosis, conduct individual and group therapy sessions for a multitude of different disorders, provide case management and court testimony for an adolescent drug court group, assess suicidality to determine if individual needed to be hospitalized, and received group and individualized supervision.
Pros
Ability to work with diverse populations
Cons
Limited opportunities to conduct psychological assessments
It's okay
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHFebruary 2, 2017
When I first started I enjoyed working for this company but as time went on I realized it was not for me. If you can't deal with taking care of others or thinking quick on your feet than this is not the job for you.
Rewarding Job
Counselor/ Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJanuary 4, 2017
Working at Nord has been a rewarding experience that comes with so much information, community involvement, and learning as a professional.
Pros
Close to highway, enaged staff members, capable supervisors
Supportive, positive place to work
Licensed Mental Health Counselor, LPC (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJanuary 4, 2017
My time at The Nord Center was positive, both in a professional sense, and a personal one. Co-workers, and supervisors worked well together. If I was ever struggling to manage the home work life balance, facing difficult clients, productivity, or any other concern, I was met with support and concrete encouragement. Employees are very kind, and became some of my best friends. It's a difficult field, but I can truly say starting off at the Nod Center in my first clinical position post graduating, was the best decision I could have made. It's a great place to get your feet wet, learn, grow, and make a true difference. Lots of opportunity for education and advancement.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Challenging client population due to low SES area
To much focus on productivity and not the toll it took on staff.
Cpst (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMarch 5, 2016
I enjoyed very much working with the clients. I knew we made a difference in their life's. but when productivity became the main focus and not the quality of care I didn't agree. Productivity was the only focus of upper management never taking into consideration how it affected the staff and work environment.
Pros
Very understanding coordinators willing to help staff at any point.
Cons
Only focus was productivity. Staff was not appreciated
Fun Place to work!!!!
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 29, 2015
Great place to work, great people and a great service they provide to the community. Has been nothing but a positive experience.
Good quality services for Clients and supportive staff
Emergency Stabilization Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 15, 2015
I worked there 20 yrs. and saw lots of changes. It was a very positive experience and met my needs for a long time. I think we helped a lot of people and the staff are professional and mostly positive.
Pros
great service to the community
Wonderful, rewarding place to work
Community Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 6, 2015
I truly enjoy working at The Nord Center. In my role, I have the opportunity to interact with many departments. I enjoy the variety of responsibilities of the position, and the reward of feeling that you're helping to make a difference in the lives of others.
Full service mental health center with opportunities for advancement
Director of Intake and Counseling (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHMay 31, 2015
I am very happy to be working at the Nord Center where the focus is on quality care for the clients we serve.Clinical supervision focuses on skill development in evidenced based interventions to support clinicians in obtaining advanced licensure and maintaining best practice care for the clients.
As Nord Center offers a large range of services, there is great opportunity for career development.I have found administration very open to exploring new ideas for program development.
Pros
Committed, highly trained clinical staff and supportive management team.
Cons
With so many departments and programs, it can take some time to get to know everybody.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Director of Institutional Advancement (Current Employee) –  Lorain OHMay 14, 2015
I have worked at The Nord Center twice, having returned after two years somewhere else.

The work our agency does is greatly appreciated by those we serve and by the community as a whole. As part of my job I often have to staff tables at community events. People have walked up to me and told me that our agency has literally saved their lives. If you want a place to work where you will never doubt that you are doing good, The Nord Center is the place to be.

Jobs range from those requiring advanced degrees to those at a more entry level and people have on many occasions advanced from where they started to positions of greater responsibility.

Our workforce is caring and enthusiastic about serving our clients.
Pros
Diverse, interesting and enthusiastic co-workers
Cons
Mental health can be a challenging field to work in
Fun place but you will go nowhere and get paid nothing
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 2, 2014
Good people good place. Poor management. Awful Pay. Upper management is not in touch with what other places are currently paying and will not budge or even compete with other relevant salaries. Also, they will make you fear for your job at all times, sometimes for a good (no) reason.
working with mentally ill adults
Live In Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJuly 21, 2014
I love working with this population. majority of co-workers are enjoyable.
Is all about productivity
CPST (Former Employee) –  OHJuly 17, 2014
Is a good opportunity for college grads that need experience. Supervisors are accesible and willing to help and teach. Management pushes productivity to supervisors and eventually they push it to therapists. Productivity surpasses the needs of the clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Nord Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Nord Center Reviews by Location